Episode 7 F-11D Blaster Rifle (COMPLETE)

Re: Ep 7 Stormtrooper New Blaster Build (Pic Heavy)

That's assuming they actually did that on the screen used prop. While I personally like the idea and would go for that myself if that's not the way it is on the actual prop then it might make not 501st approved, not that I give 2 hoots about 501st approval but that certainly needs to be a consideration. Besides, wouldn't that be creating an idealized stock and don't people here on the RPF thats the idealizing of Star Wars props & costumes as heresy? But like I said earlier, I personally like the idea of replacing the ATI with the new Imperial symbol and think that's it's a great idea.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Weapons (blasters) are never required for 501st approval. However if you have one it should match the standards. Keep in mind that the CRL for the OT stormtroopers is pretty lax and I would assume that the TFA troopers will be similar. The hasbro painted correctly will "likely" be the base approval, as long as it's close enough to the original.

Weapons (blasters) are never required for 501st approval. However if you have one it should match the standards. Keep in mind that the CRL for the OT stormtroopers is pretty lax and I would assume that the TFA troopers will be similar. The hasbro painted correctly will "likely" be the base approval, as long as it's close enough to the original.

I stand corrected then, I had always assumed that the 501st would be as anal about weapons as the rest of the costume.

I still stand by my idealization comment though, I'm really surprised that no one has said anything about how horrible and blasphemous it would be to idealize the stock by removing the AT logo and replacing it with the First Order insignia.:D

I stand corrected then, I had always assumed that the 501st would be as anal about weapons as the rest of the costume.

I still stand by my idealization comment though, I'm really surprised that no one has said anything about how horrible and blasphemous it would be to idealize the stock by removing the AT logo and replacing it with the First Order insignia.:D

The reason the 501st doesn't require weapons for approval is because there are so many different weapon policies in various conventions, venues, and entire countries around the world that it's a quagmire of exceptions and rules that isn't really worth the trouble... Here in the U.S. you might be able to have a realistic looking E-11 while in another country it might HAVE to have an orange tip or look totally unreal in order to be legal to walk around with... and the 501st doesn't want the liability or responsibility of having to potentially penalize people for various weapon laws or determine when exceptions need to be made, etc etc. Hope that makes sense, as it reads like word vomit now that I am glancing over what I wrote, lol :)

"Let the hate flow through you." ;)

I'm working on an idealized Kylo Ren saber. You know, one that won't cut your hands off at the wrist when you spin it?

Very cool work on the blaster so far. I wonder how well those things ride in the double key-hole slots on the thigh armor. Should be interesting.

I'm working on an idealized Kylo Ren saber. You know, one that won't cut your hands off at the wrist when you spin it?

If you talk to anybody with experience handling swords they'll tell you that those crossguards are nor big deal and wouldn't affect you one bit and I agree. I'm not that experienced with swords but I've played around enough to never have hit myself or even worry about hitting myself with the crossguard. You have to figure that anybody who has something like that saber would have the experience to avoid sticking themselves with the crossguards just like you'd manage to avoid cutting yourself with the whole blade.

If you talk to anybody with experience handling swords they'll tell you that those crossguards are nor big deal and wouldn't affect you one bit and I agree. I'm not that experienced with swords but I've played around enough to never have hit myself or even worry about hitting myself with the crossguard. You have to figure that anybody who has something like that saber would have the experience to avoid sticking themselves with the crossguards just like you'd manage to avoid cutting yourself with the whole blade.

Hey now, I side with you on the whole idealized prop thing and you take the other guy's viewpoint on this other topic. What gives? Lol. ;)

I have already heard that argument and I'm sure that actual broadsword practitioners do know how to avoid having the cross guard poke them... by practicing actual swordsmanship as opposed to movie swordsmanship. However, I prefer the (IMHO) unnecessary and impractical spins and flourishes that you see in many a sword fighting and Star Wars movie and doing that with Kylo Ren's saber will indeed get your hand cut off. I know this from once having owned a sword with a similar guard. Trying to do figure eights with it was extremely painful, lol. I ended up selling it.

Sorry for the derail. My apologies.

Well, based off this pic, it seems to just "slot in" to the grooves, perhaps via small bolts on the left side of the blaster (there are absent from the ANOVOS replicas, probably because they were cobbled together last minute so I don't think they were intended to be worn on the thigh).

View attachment 471078

Could someone, with one of the suits, do a drawing of the thigh attachment for JJ so he can match it on the blaster???

That would be super helpful.

Also, how long as the original E-11s supposed to be? I have seen a few different dimensions on the internet-- the MR one is 21" but then Wookiepedia says 49.2cm (19.3"). Could use an expert!

Also, how long as the original E-11s supposed to be? I have seen a few different dimensions on the internet-- the MR one is 21" but then Wookiepedia says 49.2cm (19.3"). Could use an expert!

I have a Real E-11 at home, we are on Vacation, so I'll measure it on Thursday when we get home, and post some pics, unless someone else beats me to it.
Awesome work, sign me up.
Back to you on Thursday.
AL

I have a Real E-11 at home, we are on Vacation, so I'll measure it on Thursday when we get home, and post some pics, unless someone else beats me to it.
Awesome work, sign me up.
Back to you on Thursday.
AL

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Top to bottom:
ANH hero - real Sterling 493mm long
ESB resin stunt casting 475mm long
RotJ hero - real MGC Sterling C1 478mm long
SE resin stunt casting 455mm long

e11s.jpg

These include the front of the folding stock (which sticks out about 15mm from the front of the barrel), and the d-ring on the back where applicable (folded up).

Last edited:

Top to bottom:
ANH hero - real Sterling 493mm long
ESB resin stunt casting 475mm long
RotJ hero - real MGC Sterling C1 478mm long
SE resin stunt casting 455mm long

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/kurtyboy2/props2/e11s.jpg

These include the front of the folding stock (which sticks out about 15mm from the front of the barrel), and the d-ring on the back where applicable (folded up).

Super helpful... Really not sure what to do in terms of length for ours, tho. Maybe the average of all four? 475mm or so?

If the new props were based off existing ones in the Archives I would say the RotJ MGC would be the one they'd most likely look at. I've only ever seen those in photos from the Archives or in exhibitions as far as I can remember. Definitely never seen ANH or ESBs.

that would be my guess.

JJ,
Home now, I see Kurtyboy helped, but here are my measurements,
Real E-11, From the back of the "D" ring Block to the front of the barrel is 19" inches, from the back cap not including the "D" ring block it is 18 3/4" inches, then another 1/4" inch where the folding stock passes the end of the barrel. Hope this helps.
AL
E-11,1.jpgE-11, 4.JPGE-11, 5.JPGE-11, 2.jpgE-11, 3.jpg

I think we may be a little obsessed with accuracy, especially given that we aren't even sure we've seen an actual Hero version yet... but long story short, we're not 100% satisfied with our current model (let's call in V1), so we reached out to laellee who is currently modeling one for us, entirely from scratch. It's still very early but we're already considerably happier with his progress.

11206574_10152746885862821_1086100730881928208_o.jpg11247716_10152746886542821_3335190644276550093_o.jpg11200950_10152746884627821_6243464070063164082_o.jpg11159935_10152746884402821_1316397734344743613_o.jpg11220980_10152747084137821_1513035716_o.jpg

Still not sure what we'll do with the v1 model, as it's doubtful we'll be printing it anymore but we don't want it to go to waste. If the modeler is okay with it we may simply offer the files for purchase or give them away to the community...

Last edited by a moderator:

Considering what you said about us possibly not having seen a hero version yet, I wouldn't charge for the V1 file. That's just my two cents though.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back