Sni9er

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hey guys

so like everyone else i watched the SW Trailer and GAWPED

cant wait to see more Costumes from the Film

this photo of Kylo Ren appeared
bG94k0j.jpg

I decided to design the Buckle and go from there with plans on the helmet over the weekend since we have so many reference shots now from CVII (or at least make a start)

So anyway I derived my measurements from Adam Drivers Height (as supposedly he will play the titular Sith) as 1.91 meters which gave me a buckle height of about 125mm /5 inch

without further adu my model is here:

o7xBCAU.png

I also from the photos seemed to spot a seem line on the buckle for now i've built in a magnetic closure until i consider a better method of closure

V4wKqQQ.png

I'll print the mesh tonight and if there is interest i'll happily share it tomorrow :)

comments, adjustments anything ?

=JJ=

Definitely have some interest from me! I'd love to get a copy of the model (or the buckle itself if you do a run) off of you!

Can anyone attending confirm or snap the belt is just continuous ? Also a flash shot of the mask would be REALLY Appreciated!

Thats looking great!! The vertical lines are spaced out a bit more in some of your model than the replica (I.e. slightly wider in your model). Particularly the center rectangle, upper left box's center line, and lower left box's center line.
Looks amazing though!!!!

Thats looking great!! The vertical lines are spaced out a bit more in some of your model than the replica (I.e. slightly wider in your model). Particularly the center rectangle, upper left box's center line, and lower left box's center line.
Looks amazing though!!!!

I'll be reminding this model to V3 again as someone sent me an even higher res pin sharp shot so i'll update this today !

Looks amazing though!!!!

could you grab a shot n MS paint and annotate not quite sure i see what you see ^^

This is looking great so far! I like your magnetic closure design! I was having trouble getting my head around the clasp design and was thinking about doing this as a solid "buckle cover" kind of piece. I like your method much better, so accurate!

This is looking great so far! I like your magnetic closure design! I was having trouble getting my head around the clasp design and was thinking about doing this as a solid "buckle cover" kind of piece. I like your method much better, so accurate!

i'm still considering that exact idea as the magnets might now be strong enough in a pose to hold i was going to use a 38mm webbing clasp buckle in a hollowed out version of my design to try out

(this type)

MINIPISTOLBELTS.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back