Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Anyone ever find a suitable material for that piece attached to the left shoulder with the buckles?
It looks like some sort of cheap woven carpet but I haven't found any matches to it.

17216959466_a24f678738_o.jpg

division 6 it looks a bit like those woven pot holders they used to have kids make for craft projects, only brown ans smaller weave. Maybe use a similar technique to create it.

Or it looks similar to monks cloth as well. Though monk doesn't bind like that on the frayed parts.

If you know someone who can crochet, it might be easy enough to make though possibly time consuming due to small stitches. I'll show my coworker who crochets and get her opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of fabric are y'all using for her arm wraps?
I picked up some of that Bubble Gauze to try.
If it doesn't work then regular medical gauze will have to do.

@DF
The shoulder piece looks like one of those cheap ugly throw rugs people use in the kitchen.
or maybe even a sweater.

Hey guys!

I jut joined for this thread (which is fantastic reading!). I'm starting on my costume today for the premiere.

Has there been a consensus on the shoes for folks who don't want to drop $200?

Has anyone had issues with fees importing the PoZu boots? They JUST got my size back in stock and I want to order today but now I'm nervous! :(

I measured 250mm so I'm going to go for the 8's at 259mm. Hoping they aren't too big...I'm anywhere from 7-8.5 in the US.

Has anyone had issues with fees importing the PoZu boots? They JUST got my size back in stock and I want to order today but now I'm nervous! :(

I measured 250mm so I'm going to go for the 8's at 259mm. Hoping they aren't too big...I'm anywhere from 7-8.5 in the US.

Contact them! They are very responsive. They gave me suggestions on sizing as well.

But check with them about timing. They take ~6 weeks to make and ~2 to ship with standard shipping. That will put you well after the premiere. If that isn't your goal, then no worries. But if it is, make sure you get in touch with them.

(I don't have my boots yet, so I don't have info about the fees.)

But check with them about timing. They take ~6 weeks to make and ~2 to ship with standard shipping. That will put you well after the premiere. If that isn't your goal, then no worries. But if it is, make sure you get in touch with them.

After re-reading my email, this may not be the case. I would still get in touch with them, but I was told this was the expectation for pre-orders​. Best of luck! :)

Thank you! I haven't started on my costume yet, but have been stalking this thread for the past week :) You all have been very helpful! So, start from the boots up I will? I emailed them so I'll see what they have to say!

I haven't received any notice of import fees and I have had the boots about a month (?) now.

I did just get an email from them saying the boots where in stock.

I haven't received any notice of import fees and I have had the boots about a month (?) now.

I did just get an email from them saying the boots where in stock.

Po-zu got back to me very quickly! They agreed with me on sizing, and told me shipping is 1-2 weeks and should have them by December 16th as long as I order by the end of November. (I told them 12/16 just to be safe for the 12/17 7pm showing.) Well no worries there - I just ordered them! :) Super excited. Now I just have to re-read some things here and get working! Thank you both :)

Po-zu got back to me very quickly! They agreed with me on sizing, and told me shipping is 1-2 weeks and should have them by December 16th as long as I order by the end of November. (I told them 12/16 just to be safe for the 12/17 7pm showing.) Well no worries there - I just ordered them! :) Super excited. Now I just have to re-read some things here and get working! Thank you both :)

AWESOME.​ I love it when a plan comes together.

AWESOME.​ I love it when a plan comes together.

Yes! So much to do still! Been eyeing the Forever 21 Palazzo pants...

For reference for anyone else looking to purchase, Po-zu told me this about orders to the US: "In regards to customs duties it is quite rare that our customers have any trouble or fees to pay."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, I'm starting to gather bits and pieces for Rey. At the moment I live in a lovely tiny dorm room, so I plan to buy fabric and start ordering the specific parts and then when I go home for Christmas I can start sewing. And to everyone who has posted pictures of their Reys, you all look amazing :)

Quick question though, I read through the whole but don't remember reading how the arm wraps are done. Is there a way to do them so that they don't have to be wrapped every time they're put on, or is that how it's done?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back