TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Does any of you happen to have the description for the Prop Shop Rey saber saved, or know where I can find it? They've taken down the site, and the wayback machine has a saved page of pretty much all of the props except the one I need. Google wasn't of much help either :)

I have it:

"New from the Prop Shop! A crazy over-priced replica of the Skywalker lightsaber! Is it made from a real Graflex? Maybe! Everything else is super accurate... no really... we made the props for the movie and won't tell anyone what was used, so you can take our word for it! We swear, no one will look at this thing and realize that it's not even close! Sure you could be a vintage and convert it for the same price-- by why do a bunch of work yourself to make something accurate when you can just buy ours?"

Thanks guys.. I am completely embarrassed at the finished t-tracks. Does anyone know who can make a symmetrical set for me?

Spot putty and paint.

I had my dremel set a little to low and am in the process of correcting it now.

If the damage isn't too deep, try wiping the grips down with a cloth soaked in laqueuer thinner. It should level out the area and smooth out the rough surface of the filed parts.

Yes, but all of the sabers which show the card in the film are the long grip sabers.
the saber i made is the Maz box saber with the short grips..which doesnt show the card in the film, but it does show it on the Wired photos.
so the card is not correct for this particula saber.
I do have one card from Roy which does have the correct traces but its on the amber card not the clear card.

So The Maz Box saber is the Wired saber? Is that also the same as the visual dictionary? And which clamp card is accurate to the Wired saber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished my TFA.
I would like the clear frosted fat traces on the left and thin traces on the lower right to match the Wired photos, but unfortunately that version isnt available.
I picked up one of each connector card from Sloth Furnace and Roy just to swap out occasionally.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...D-EC58-4247-92AC-43F9D9CE2B81_zpsef6h6ovd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...8-78AE-4A8E-83CC-F69458478543_zpsapbfmau8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...E-366A-41B6-B1A2-A70716061EE7_zpspeipludb.jpg

Did you drill the holes for the grips?

So The Maz Box saber is the Wired saber? Is that also the same as the visual dictionary? And which clamp card is accurate to the Wired saber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally believe the Maz Box saber is the Wired saber and also the VD saber and also the saber that appeared in the cosmetics marketing tube someone posted earlier which is a gigantic graphic wrap.
(However the VD doesnt show the card)

One if the reasons i believe this is because the Wired Photo and and the Maz box saber both have the same corrosion in the switch near the emitter.

Oh here we go :lol

If they are rivets, they left the post remnants...

Either way, I've learned not to trust visual dictionaries, so it's a moot point as a reference for me.

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 11.13.04 AM.png

IMPORTANT NOTE!

I just found out today (thanks to DARTH SABER's build and his PM to me) that ROMAN's replica has a longer bottom than a vintage. The difference is around 3mm.
A vintage bottom can also vary a little and measures around 92 to 93 (in my collection). This is measured from the bottom to the edge of the clamp in pulled out maximum length. Roman's measures 95mm.

So whatever version you are planning to build, you need to take this into consideration and re-calculate the length. My recommended lengths (as in my blueprints) are all based on a vintage bottom of 92mm.

Oh here we go :lol

If they are rivets, they left the post remnants...

Either way, I've learned not to trust visual dictionaries, so it's a moot point as a reference for me.

View attachment 699715

Its definitely a possibility,
Alrhough Ive had some rivets snap their stem shallow to the surface.

On a side note, the corrosian pattern on the switch matches those on the Maz Box saber in the film.
That, along with the short grips suggests to me that they are one and the same.

IMPORTANT NOTE!

I just found out today (thanks to DARTH SABER's build and his PM to me) that ROMAN's replica has a longer bottom than a vintage. The difference is around 3mm.
A vintage bottom can also vary a little and measures around 92 to 93 (in my collection). This is measured from the bottom to the edge of the clamp in pulled out maximum length. Roman's measures 95mm.

So whatever version you are planning to build, you need to take this into consideration and re-calculate the length. My recommended lengths (as in my blueprints) are all based on a vintage bottom of 92mm.

Side to side mine look the same.

Measuring them, Roman's is about 1/16th longer. If I line up the tops, the clamp sits list a little bit higher. To the naked I I honestly couldn't see the difference, but I will definitely adjust my grips accordingly.

Side to side mine look the same.

Measuring them, Roman's is about 1/16th longer. If I line up the tops, the clamp sits list a little bit higher. To the naked I I honestly couldn't see the difference, but I will definitely adjust my grips accordingly.

Yeah its mainly to to into account for grips.

I'm not seeing those blurry images and grime patterns as conclusive proof they're of the same part. There are more differences than similarities, IMO, and there just isn't enough detail to really make a reliable determination. It might be two different, but nearly identical in construction/setup sabers though.

The darkest spot on that switch is the dot in the upper right of the circle rivet. Not seeing that in the box shot.

Found an ebay FS auction that has these 'soft' looking grips for sale ... most likely the ones being altered into ESB/TFA for expo purposes by the prop department either at Disney or Lucasfilm Ltd./ILM :

T-tracks%20USA_zpsxy44vaxl.jpg

So probably purchased just as some of the vintage flashguns for expo purposes only ... no need to be totally screen-accurate yet believeable enough for the crowds :)

Chaïm

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back