TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

I wonder how many versions of the Finn TFA they made...and what the variations of it will be.

I also saw a photo from Empire that shows the blade freeze-frame style on Kylo's "saber". This is no ordinary saber, if at all. It appears to be flame as opposed to whatever lightsaber blades are supposed to be made of. It would explain the exhaust fumes a bit more on Kylo's saber.

Now re analyzing this picture... Is my eyes playing tricks on me or does these tracks look 1/8th short from the bottom...

Like almost all modern promotional art for movies, this poster has probably been HEAVILY digitally manipulated so I wouldn't put too much stock into the appearance of, well, anything in it! ;)

@scottjua, I am guessing that Finn has no formal training in lightsaber duelling which would explain his rather awkward grip in that clip. Luke was pretty clumsy with it in ANH even with Obi-Wan by his side training him, so that may explain why Finn looks like he has no idea what he's doing there (but is ready to sacrifice himself, regardless).

I wonder how many versions of the Finn TFA they made...and what the variations of it will be.

For now ... all I can say is that 7 G R A F L E X flashguns were purchased by the props department and 1 vintage MPP, whether the MPP will be seen on screen or was only needed i.e. the Battlefront II game as reference material I don't know ... although in this fragment it seems they may have used the G R A F L E X ROTJ Stunt lightsaber version for the game :

So why the need for a true vintage MPP for Episode VII production is beyond me, unless J.J. saw a golden opportunity to get his hands on an MPP for his own collection :wacko

Chaim

For now ... all I can say is that 7 G R A F L E X flashguns were purchased by the props department and 1 vintage MPP, whether the MPP will be seen on screen or was only needed i.e. the Battlefront II game as reference material I don't know ... although in this fragment it seems they may have used the G R A F L E X ROTJ Stunt lightsaber version for the game :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/...elding 2015-04-19 om 00.07.40_zps4tkk5krq.png

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/...elding 2015-04-19 om 00.06.06_zpscs3g9rgf.png

So why the need for a true vintage MPP for Episode VII production is beyond me, unless J.J. saw a golden opportunity to get his hands on an MPP for his own collection :wacko

Chaim

Question... why do you spell Graflex with all caps and spaces between each letter? Is it so certain parties won't find your posts by searching using the word "Graflex"?

I had been wondering if it had something to do with the search engine as well.

Good answer Chaim!

Yeah but it's freaking out the Sheldon Cooper in me. ;)

Man I wish I had bought me a Graflex or competent replica of one back before TFA was announced to the world. Live and learn I guess. I'll probably have to settle for the new Force FX one coming out on Friday. I just can't justify the new prices for a real one.

Yeah but it's freaking out the Sheldon Cooper in me. ;)

Man I wish I had bought me a Graflex or competent replica of one back before TFA was announced to the world. Live and learn I guess. I'll probably have to settle for the new Force FX one coming out on Friday. I just can't justify the new prices for a real one.

Are you aware of Roman's plans?
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=238355

Yeah and I asked him to put me on the list. However that run might not happen if he can't get the machine shops to lower the costs on tooling. As such, I need to keep my options open. Might even try the new version that Parks is putting out. You know, if I want to wait a year to get it. :p

Yep. Just like that, lol. It's like your bulimic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is it already known for what price they shall be offered?

No. Last I read was that the machinists were coming in a bit high on the tooling and upfront setup costs...but, that this was for fully-functional 3 cells.

No. Last I read was that the machinists were coming in a bit high on the tooling and upfront setup costs...but, that this was for fully-functional 3 cells.

Will there era be some sort of makers mark on these as to not devalue the real deal?

According to Roman, there will be a tell or two. I believe he said it was going to be a Folmer with Patent Number as well, to help narrow down the field. I'm sure all will be revealed some time soon.

Andy does that mean NEW YORK will be on the bottom? I know there was 2 versions of the former

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy does that mean NEW YORK will be on the bottom? I know there was 2 versions of the former

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it means N.Y.

But perhaps too much is made of the NEW YORK thing anyway? At this point, it seems any good complete Graflex is something to be happy about. I know I'd be happy to have another...would put this whole one-Graflex-which-to-build ANH/TFA issue to rest.

Regarding if this is exactly the one Roman is basing his Graflex run, you'll have to ask Roman. It was a while ago I read that stuff and my memory does get foggy occasionally. I'm pretty sure it's all there in the Interest Thread in the Classifieds.

Well the debate whether or not a Folmer with 'New York' only was used in the OT movies ... already has it's consequences on ebay

Chaim

WHAT...THE...HELL? :eek

Seems like I am definately done with buying real Graflex´
Thank god I bought my last two for 200 USD ea. before the TFA hype started!

Should have enough for all OT sabers I want to build/ REbuild....even if I´d need 3 original botton tubes to upgrade some older builds :cry

Markus

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back