Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

Yes, I'm over there, and have been participating in the Anovos thread. So far no one has mentioned specific issues that would stop 501st approval.

I've read over the costume guidelines for both stunt and hero, but I guess I'll have to do a side-by-side, line-by-line comparison, because there's no document listing the actual difference between the two... that's what I was hoping someone could post.

Thanks, tho. :)

Edit:

I did a side-by-side. Ignoring level 2+ certifications, for now, here are the differences for basic certification, as listed in the guidelines:

Helmet:

Hero: lens Flat or bubble, gray or green
Stunt: lens Flat and Green only

(here, lens is flat and green, so ok for either)

Hero: 6 teeth cut out, tapered
Stunt: 8 teeth cut out

(here, I THINK there are 8 teeth cut out, which would make it a Stunt helmet)

Belt:

No differences in listed specs.

What am I missing?

The differences are all there in the CRL's.
Also I meant how the holster is attached to the belt, either the 2 or 4 rivets or whatever method for stunt or hero, not the belt as a whole.
And there are different requirements for each of the 3 levels. But mainly the differences between stunt/hero are to do with the helmet, holster & gloves/handplates.

I ordered mine April 12 around 2:30pm...I wonder how many people could be in front of me? I haven't received any shipping notification.

Fedex just delivered it!! image.jpeg

The differences are all there in the CRL's.
Also I meant how the holster is attached to the belt, either the 2 or 4 rivets or whatever method for stunt or hero, not the belt as a whole.
And there are different requirements for each of the 3 levels. But mainly the differences between stunt/hero are to do with the helmet, holster & gloves/handplates.

Looks like you were posting right as I did edit #2:

Found a difference in the holster:

Hero: The holster is affixed with four fasteners (Two per strap). Two at the top and two at the bottom of the belt.
Stunt: The holster is affixed with only two fasteners at the bottom (one per strap).

Is that the "belt" difference you were referring to?

According to this thread:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topi...nd-hero/page-2

... it seems essentially concluded that there is zero difference except for the helmet. At least at the basic levels... clearly level 2+ may be more nit-picky, understandably, but if the only differences from the Anovos (as shipped) is in the holster attachment and the handplates in order to obtain basic approval as a Stunt TK, then I'm a very happy boy. (40-something y.o. boy, that is...)

So, I ordered mine on 04/22 but not sure what shipping order I'm in. Where do you find that info?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

So, I ordered mine on 04/22 but not sure what shipping order I'm in. Where do you find that info?

Anovos sent out an email update on 1/19. I think it was pasted in full earlier in this thread, somewhere around that time.

Pre Celebration is 4/12-4/15, ships between Jan 20-30

Celebration Orders were 4/16-4/19, ships Jan 30-Feb 15

Post-Celebration orders 4/20-5/4, ship Feb 15-March. This is you. (and me, unfortunately)

Tiers 2 orders and full MSRP slated for March.

Looks like you were posting right as I did edit #2:

Found a difference in the holster:

Hero: The holster is affixed with four fasteners (Two per strap). Two at the top and two at the bottom of the belt.
Stunt: The holster is affixed with only two fasteners at the bottom (one per strap).

Is that the "belt" difference you were referring to?

According to this thread:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topi...nd-hero/page-2

... it seems essentially concluded that there is zero difference except for the helmet. At least at the basic levels... clearly level 2+ may be more nit-picky, understandably, but if the only differences from the Anovos (as shipped) is in the holster attachment and the handplates in order to obtain basic approval as a Stunt TK, then I'm a very happy boy. (40-something y.o. boy, that is...)

You'll be fine with it, for basic approval the Anovos is fine, just the holster rivets to change for complete stunt, which is what this is.
To wear & display & not worry about 501st requirements...then its an awesome suit.
The 501st level 2 & 3 are not for everyone & yes, thats where it gets nitpicky for sure!.

I keep hearing that no TK is 501st approved out of the box but on RS it says that they guarantee 501st approval out the box.... am i missing something?

Even RS is not approved out of the box - it always comes down to how you build it, or how good it fit´s on you.

If you order it prebuild and it still looks not OK, then you have to work on it to get approval.

I understand people are being jumpy, but sometimes it´s better to learn the facts before spreading half-truths assembled from not knowing the facts and only reading the headlines.

hmmm RS might want to change their guarantee then

"If you are commissioning a suit to join the 501st Legion we guarantee the suit will be to a standard that will obtain admittance/clearance."

Unless they mean that the material or style is 501st approved?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my TK today and here are some more pics, especially of the helmet. Overall a great deal for $350.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

These are my main complaints: the helmet is not really "finished". Definitely have to trim the eyes a bit so the green lenses fit flush. Otherwise there is a huge gap.
Second complaint is that at least 30% of the parts have scuffs and surface scratches. Apparently there is a top clear coat and its seems like that's going to get scuffed real quick. The problem with that is that it looks like the pic bellow.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

EDIT: The pieces are not scratched, it is a plastic protective film that peels off! Whew...:facepalm

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

hmmm RS might want to change their guarantee then

"If you are commissioning a suit to join the 501st Legion we guarantee the suit will be to a standard that will obtain admittance/clearance."

Unless they mean that the material or style is 501st approved?

That's if you give them all your exact body measurements and have them build you a full suit. Are you joining the 501st or do you just want something you own to be 501st approvable? Don't give yourself a headache if you're not even joining.

So then technically RS is 501st approved out the box then? Yes I am planning to apply but once Anovos comes out with their FO trooper and since I lack the skills I will have someone commission it for me. I simply wanted to see if someone would clarify on RS since I have read hundreds of times that no TK armor is 501st approved out the box.

These are my main complaints: the helmet is not really "finished". Definitely have to trim the eyes a bit so the green lenses fit flush. Otherwise there is a huge gap.
Second complaint is that at least 30% of the parts have scuffs and surface scratches. Apparently there is a top clear coat and its seems like that's going to get scuffed real quick. The problem with that is that it looks like the pic bellow.

View attachment 580315View attachment 580311

Regarding the helmet, I'm guessing they went for under-trimming rather than risk over-trimming. That would have been my vote, had I been asked. For someone who just wants a great costume, I suspect it's fine as-is. For someone who wants to fine-tune it to the nth degree, there is still some material to work with.

So then technically RS is 501st approved out the box then? Yes I am planning to apply but once Anovos comes out with their FO trooper and since I lack the skills I will have someone commission it for me. I simply wanted to see if someone would clarify on RS since I have read hundreds of times that no TK armor is 501st approved out the box.

Technically, yes, if you give them your exact measurements like I said. You'd still have to make sure everything fits properly and make adjustments yourself if needed.

Read: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

I don't know how the California garrisons operate, but we have several people here that help new recruits get their TK kits put together. Are you on your local garrison's forum? If not get access and see if the have any "armor parties" coming up.

I don't know how the California garrisons operate, but we have several people here that help new recruits get their TK kits put together. Are you on your local garrison's forum? If not get access and see if the have any "armor parties" coming up.

Thank you for the info, no I am not in a garrison forum what should I google?

I have heard of the term armor party before but I though those were for actual 501st member only.

I got my TK today and here are some more pics, especially of the helmet. Overall a great deal for $350.

View attachment 580301View attachment 580302View attachment 580303View attachment 580304View attachment 580305View attachment 580306View attachment 580307View attachment 580309View attachment 580308

View attachment 580315View attachment 580311

First is there definitely not a plastic film in the armour to be peeled off. That protects the plastic and I have had armours where you need to remove it. Now IF that is not the case and the plastic itself is scratched and scuffed, that's a really poor show and mine will be going back. It's an idealised piece of sorts and lends itself for display and no way would I accept that. If trooping and direct lineage, although bad there is an element of wear overtime but that's still no excuse, it just means you MAY get away with it if not too bad. As I suspect many will display this then it's not acceptable and I do hope they resolve this, hell I even swooped my cfo bucket as it had some marks but Skunky was a diamond about it. If you could just check its not got a plastic protective layer first please.

First is there definitely not a plastic film in the armour to be peeled off. That protects the plastic and I have had armours where you need to remove it. Now IF that is not the case and the plastic itself is scratched and scuffed, that's a really poor show and mine will be going back. It's an idealised piece of sorts and lends itself for display and no way would I accept that. If trooping and direct lineage, although bad there is an element of wear overtime but that's still no excuse, it just means you MAY get away with it if not too bad. As I suspect many will display this then it's not acceptable and I do hope they resolve this, hell I even swooped my cfo bucket as it had some marks but Skunky was a diamond about it. If you could just check its not got a plastic protective layer first please.

You are absolutely right about the protective plastic film! Im such an idiot, it peels right off.

You are absolutely right about the protective plastic film! Im such an idiot, it peels right off.
EXCELENT news and my panic is over :) good to see its being protected actually and so far I am very impressed, I think my delivery is March. Anyway glad we know it's protected and like I say it looks very very good and delivered in a high quality manner, respect to Anovos

Well I ordered one at the tier one price, but "Traded" the kit for a beautiful TFA Blaster kit, so no complaints.

I'm glad to see these finally shipping though,

I will say I'm not a huge fan of the helmet. I think it would have better served in kit form, but that's my preference. I don't like how "sharp" it looks...it's distracting and doesn't feel entirely right. The teeth. If they changed one thing, is fix the teeth's paint. The corners look like they're just straight cut instead of pointed. Other than that, doesn't look bad for a newbie getting in the game..Gonna be able to spot these from a mile away

Another note, having been reading the "will get approved" line. It's getting old. It's a marketing thing for costume sellers to say "it's 501st approved." Yea BS just to get you to buy. Yes it could be 501st approved after it's built and modified to the standards.

I've been yelled at/cursed at by people who bought a pre-made costume OR 2nd hand costume who didn't get approved because they were told/believed it was a "501st approved" costume. Good times..

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back