Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

If Rogue One is about stealing the Death Star plans, it's going to happen immediately before ANH (since it starts with Leia on the run having taken delivery of the plans), which means the troopers should be identical...

Just to bust your chops a bit.... militaries often get their gear from a variety of contractors. I would say that in a galaxy of tens of thousands of inhabited worlds, that's a certainty. There are often minor variations in gear from different contractors.... or even different batches from the same contractor.

Just to bust your chops a bit.... militaries often get their gear from a variety of contractors. I would say that in a galaxy of tens of thousands of inhabited worlds, that's a certainty. There are often minor variations in gear from different contractors.... or even different batches from the same contractor.

That's a good rationalization for the variations in the armor across the 3 movies, and what will surely be another variation for R1 :)

To me, the armor in IV-VI is all uniform and of the same design, and as far as Rogue One goes, the design of the armor will also be "the same," even if different makers interpret the designs slightly differently while implementing them.

i think that is from The Power Of Costume Exhibition New York

You are correct. I found these images online from the exhibit and its a better look at the helmets. These are the actual products we'll be getting. Not prototypes. (Of course not the ROTJ thats displayed with its armor)
Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 6.13.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 6.13.43 PM.png stars-wars-exhibition-reveals-stories-behind-series-costumes.jpg

I can't wait to see more pictures of the finished helmet. I have an RS helmet with all of its imperfect perfection but I'd love an slightly cleaned up but still asymmetrical helmet to sit alongside it.

Guys, just going back to that ROTJ helmet discussion a week or two back (I'm just reading it now).

I had some exposure to original ROTJ buckets (and their history) a couple of decades ago. The story I was given at the time was that the vacform mold used for the face plates partially collapsed near the start of the run, so the majority of the lids had been pulled from the repaired mold- and the right hand side of the face was slightly depressed, making what was never a particularly symmetrical helmet into a slightly more deformed one. But still loveable.

Like all things related to prop lore, unless you were the propmaker (I wasn't), you'll never know the real story, so please take it with a grain of salt.

-Jase

ive recently bought the avonos helmet for the TK and think its one of the better ones ive seen in recent years....nice quality and great finish, and personally i find it to be pretty darn accurate...same with there Vader and Vaders wingman Tie Pilot etc. Really happy with it for the price too, so from my opinion at least its well worth adding to the collection

So according to today's newsletter the completed ensembles will be sent out AFTER the kits have all been fulfilled. As a tier one buyer of the completed ensemble I can't say I'm happy about that.

So according to today's newsletter the completed ensembles will be sent out AFTER the kits have all been fulfilled. As a tier one buyer of the completed ensemble I can't say I'm happy about that.
I got the email, noting it still states shipping in a few weeks and for another address check, looks like it will be 2016 onwards before despatch. I assume the kits are going first as minimal work involved Anovos side prior to despatch, this is understandable as the Tier 1 completed were at a large discount.

I have an early tier one kit ordered. It will be a frenzy as soon as the first one pops up on the forums for all to see and critique.

The alternative is to let tons of kits sit there ready to ship, but not shipping, essentially delaying them in order to take the time to build all the completed set orders and then ship those first.

Doesn't make any sense. They're getting out what they can. Kits ship first because they don't have to do anything but put them in boxes. Sets ship later because they have to build them. If they got everything in it's completed form up front, it'd be a different story.

The alternative is to let tons of kits sit there ready to ship, but not shipping, essentially delaying them in order to take the time to build all the completed set orders and then ship those first.

Doesn't make any sense. They're getting out what they can. Kits ship first because they don't have to do anything but put them in boxes. Sets ship later because they have to build them. If they got everything in it's completed form up front, it'd be a different story.
You're probably right. I guess I'm just bitter about the tier 1 Vader that I ordered that hasn't shown up for a year and a half now.

You're probably right. I guess I'm just bitter about the tier 1 Vader that I ordered that hasn't shown up for a year and a half now.
And rightfully so! But in the end, I guess we all have to remember that this is a very fringe market so you'll never find that kind of stuff on stock shelves.

The waiting and the anticipation can be fun, tedious or even downright infuriating depending on who you ask but I don't see it changing anytime soon. That's the nature of the beast I guess...

A year and a half is waaaay toooo long for any reasonable person to have to wait.

You would think that with the money that is being infused into this company that they would be in a position to get some product out of the door.
Quite possibly, they are biting off way more than they can chew. I'm guessing they are in a situation where they are trying to strike while the iron is hot, but lets face it Star Wars isn't going away anytime in the foreseeable future.

This may be an approach that alienates future buyers if the delivery times continue to be delayed multiple times for a single run.
Better to focus on a few projects at a time. get paid. Grow and expand at a more manageable pace.

I really want to see this Company succeed. They seem to really have a passion for a quality product.

I wouldn´t wonder if the influence of LFL/Disney is a part of the problem.

With the need of their approval for everything they cause great delays (not directly saying they use this to have influence on the selling timeframe without giving direct orders they could be blamed for:angel).

What happened to the Han Rigs being boxed up and shipped out???????

Has anyone received one Star Wars product????

Tom
You sir have a point...
I wouldn´t wonder if the influence of LFL/Disney is a part of the problem.

With the need of their approval for everything they cause great delays (not directly saying they use this to have influence on the selling timeframe without giving direct orders they could be blamed for:angel).

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back