Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

Awesome collection of buckets!! Are those CFO ROTJ helmets?

Thanks, the ROTJ's are CFO and a JoeR. There's also TE, TE2, CAP, RS, AP. I posted just to show the difference between ANH and ROTJ but you can see they all look a little different. If you're not well up spend a few hours reading here http://www.starwarshelmets.com/stormtrooper_helmets_armor_and_costumes.htm

I know it's been said before but I think one of the main factors with armour is how you put it together for your own body/size/shape. Do a poor job on any armour and you aint gonna look good but do your research and take your time, then do some more research and you can look spot on. If you want to join the 501st that's great but you'll probably have to accept they have standards that need to be met, tidying up a belt or TD is nothing seeing as you'll be putting everything else together.

I feared the elite when I got into this stuff but apart from a handful (who you'll find in every walk of life) I've found they're not so much elite, more just really proud of their great armour that they spent an age on getting perfect :)

Don't fear the 501st, having standards is a good thing.....
tommiSstorm.jpg

And what makes you thinks those are not ANOVOS suits?.....

By that logic why didn't Anovos do the TFA film suits then? There's no reason for Disney to go with them when they've got the money and resources to do it themselves. To add, What verification would there be that a prequel to ANH would automatically mean they want the stormtroopers to be 100% identical to the OT TK's? There's going to have to be differences

"The original stormtroopers were vacuum-formed," says Kaplan. "That process required a much thinner plastic to be heated and molded. These are much harder [cast in polyurethane], so they don't crack. They're much tougher materials, plus they have more flexibility."
(from the article mentioned above, http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-11/18/star-wars-force-awakens-stormtrooper-dressing-room)

If Rogue One has the same costume designer as Episode VII it's a good bet they're cast as well.

Well, lets just say I had something to do with said armor and we will leave it at that.
By that logic why didn't Anovos do the TFA film suits then? There's no reason for Disney to go with them when they've got the money and resources to do it themselves. To add, What verification would there be that a prequel to ANH would automatically mean they want the stormtroopers to be 100% identical to the OT TK's? There's going to have to be differences

To add, What verification would there be that a prequel to ANH would automatically mean they want the stormtroopers to be 100% identical to the OT TK's? There's going to have to be differences

If Rogue One is about stealing the Death Star plans, it's going to happen immediately before ANH (since it starts with Leia on the run having taken delivery of the plans), which means the troopers should be identical...

If Rogue One is about stealing the Death Star plans, it's going to happen immediately before ANH (since it starts with Leia on the run having taken delivery of the plans), which means the troopers should be identical...

Given the new cannon, I don't think that can be verified until the release. The Death Star's plans were shown to exist already during Revenge of the Sith, so Rouge One theoretically could take place much further away time-wise...that's 19 years between the events.

Even then, why would the stormtrooper armor change at all between ANH, ESB and ROTJ? What's the difference in time between them? ANH to ESB was 3 years and ESB to ROTJ was 1 year, yet, the armor changed.

I feel even outside of my thoughts on the cannon aspect, they're going to be different just because it's an entirely new production.

If you ever played Halo (xbox), masterchief's armor in Halo 2 and halo 3 are *technically* the same, but when Halo 3 came about, Chief's armor changed, not terribly too much, but clearly enough to be it's own "thing"

Given the new cannon, I don't think that can be verified until the release. The Death Star's plans were shown to exist already during Revenge of the Sith, so Rouge One theoretically could take place much further away time-wise...that's 19 years between the events.

The opening crawl to Star Wars seems to imply that it (the theft) happened pretty recently relative to the beginning of the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Even then, why would the stormtrooper armor change at all between ANH, ESB and ROTJ? What's the difference in time between them? ANH to ESB was 3 years and ESB to ROTJ was 1 year, yet, the armor changed.

I feel even outside of my thoughts on the cannon aspect, they're going to be different just because it's an entirely new production.

If you ever played Halo (xbox), masterchief's armor in Halo 2 and halo 3 are *technically* the same, but when Halo 3 came about, Chief's armor changed, not terribly too much, but clearly enough to be it's own "thing"

Yeah, the ANH/ESB/ROTJ armors are surely meant to be the same design, for the exact reasons you mentioned. Different productions, different methods, different crew. And in some cases it's also in the way that Anakin's ROTS lightsaber is meant to be the same as the graflex in ANH -- sometimes directors don't care to have the level of consistency that uber-fans might prefer.

Another thing - the Rebels stormtrooper armor is "the same" as the OT stormtrooper armor (seen through their stylized lens). Rebels happens 5 years before ANH so even then, the armor is the same. This would apply to Rogue One if it's set in that time period as well.

Examples?

If you make a claim, back it up ;)
Leia saying she remembers her mother (force induced memories? Meh)

OB1 telling luke Vader killed his father (OB1's explanation in ESB is kind of a stretch)

OB1 telling luke Anankin wanted him to have his lightsaber when he got older

Just a few that come to mind. They still can make some sense but you know, it's kinda obvious they were making it up as they went along...

Leia saying she remembers her mother (force induced memories? Meh)

OB1 telling luke Vader killed his father (OB1's explanation in ESB is kind of a stretch)

OB1 telling luke Anankin wanted him to have his lightsaber when he got older

Just a few that come to mind. They still can make some sense but you know, it's kinda obvious they were making it up as they went along...

Plot events are a little different than physical changes.

Honestly though, most of what you cited makes perfect sense, and aren't contradictions at all. People often hide/cloud the truth to protect those they care about until they are ready to hear the truth. His father wanting him to have his lightsaber, Vader killing his father? both of those are easily Ben protecting Luke to help groom him into a Jedi. You can even see a hint at this deception in Alec Guinness's facial expressions.

The Leia one is always one that got me, until I realized that no where that I know of in cannon does it mention that Leia knows she's an orphan. So she could be referring to her adopted mother? I haven't seen much about her, we see Bail in Rebels...

anyways, back on topic. Rebels helmet=stylized TK in my opinion the same way that the blockade runners and star destroyers aren't new ships, even though they look slightly different

Plot events are a little different than physical changes.

Honestly though, most of what you cited makes perfect sense, and aren't contradictions at all. People often hide/cloud the truth to protect those they care about until they are ready to hear the truth. His father wanting him to have his lightsaber, Vader killing his father? both of those are easily Ben protecting Luke to help groom him into a Jedi. You can even see a hint at this deception in Alec Guinness's facial expressions.

The Leia one is always one that got me, until I realized that no where that I know of in cannon does it mention that Leia knows she's an orphan. So she could be referring to her adopted mother? I haven't seen much about her, we see Bail in Rebels...

anyways, back on topic. Rebels helmet=stylized TK in my opinion the same way that the blockade runners and star destroyers aren't new ships, even though they look slightly different
Yeah, like I said, you can rationalize your way out of most of those "plot holes"...

One thing that doesn't help for me is that I grew up watching the movies in French(I'm in Quebec, a french canadian province) and the translation were kinda bad so you kinda miss on the performance, plus they screwed up quite a few things...

In the end though, I don't believe they had quite that clear of an outline on where the story was going as they were making the movies. In fact, I don't believe for a second that Lucas had all the story for the whole saga written up somewhere or even in his head as he sometimes claimed in the past...

here is a picture I got from a Facebook friend who is very well known in the props and replica world. These are confirmed ANOVOS Stormtrooper helmets, but that is all that has been confirmed. Not sure where the picture was taken or what they are all lined up for. Either way I think they look amazing for the price and as a collector (with some very high end piece in my collection) I would be more than proud to have this displayed with the rest of my helmets. A lot better then the MR and EFX buckets for sure.

12243317_10207085538510283_5134532079975457020_n.jpg

Photocredits:
[h=5]Gordon Tarpley[/h]
(not sure if he took it himself but he shared it)

12243317_10207085538510283_5134532079975457020_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back