Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

Mine came today as scheduled, just before 11:00. Wife was too buried in her Kindle to notice the big box I carried downstairs :lol:thumbsup Told her I was expecting a Toy :D

I did not get the big stormtrooper display sheet in my box, oh well. I am happy with the quality of everything and especially at the $350 price point, should have bought a second.

I do like the helmet and the frown when compared to my other helmets looks right. I think they did a good job of idealizing it but having it still retain the wonkiness. Will have to replace the neck trim as its splitting, repaint the frown and do a little trimming on the eyes. I also have a helmet kit coming so I can play around with that also.

For fun I set up the tripod and took pics of all my helmets so I could get a comparison gif. Unfortunately I have not finished my RS helmet kit to include in this.

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff322/hkytwnw/TK765/Trooper_Helmets_zpss8vgeklr.gif

You know, looking at that GIF, I just cannot get over just how far the options for armor have come since I first started seriously wishing I could drop a grand on a suit to have my very own TK. Compared to what the offerings were say 10-15 years ago, we're really just splitting hairs now on buckets. And that's a LICENSED product - traditionally the bottom of the barrel in terms of SA, and at a third the cost of suits I had almost pulled the trigger on. Also notice that the PVC sample seems to have really similar sharpness around the eyes to the Anovos. Anyways, delivery tracker now active, and Friday cannot get here fast enough.

I think it's just the mesh that's slightly inaccurate, though I'm no expert.

The housings themselves look right to me. At least, they're the same as the ones on my AP...

Though now that I think about it, I think I swapped my original AP mic tips to more accurate ones. So, yeah. The mic tips on the Anovos seem to be pretty darn close if not totally accurate, aside from the mesh.

Just for reference, here's a couple pics of the ANOVOS mic tips.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454221177.248663.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454221188.627419.jpg

I thought efx had the licence for cockroaches.......

I love the comparison gif TK765 and I hope you dont mind me re posting it with the shake calmed down.
Trooper_Helmets_tk765.gif (click :) pic )

Also, apparently mine has started on its long journey to the UK :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as apparently you are the only person so far to have received an unwearable bucket, yeah, send it back. Have to ask though - the LFL suits - weren't those tour suits RotJ style? Kind of a different creature altogether from the ANH ones. And the FX buckets were, as I understand it, over-sized fan-sculpts, so again, maybe not the best helmet to compare against.:unsure

I have pics on an old hard drive somewhere. There were tour suites and helmets as well as some original ROTJ helmets on hand as well as Vader, the droids... It was all pending the project.

I understand about scratched/pitted, but how warped is it? the original are actually very assymetrical which you may confuse by warped, I doubt it was warped during production, yes you have to put it on twist motion like originals.

Its so warped time travel calls it up for advice.

But really, the ears are inches off and the brain bucket is lopsided as if it was holding up a fallen bookcase for a Death Valley summer.

Again, this is looking STRAIT down.
2n0545f.jpg

and here I had to angle the camera so far to the left I actually laughed taking the picture to get both ears in the picture.
kew8pe.jpg

Its so warped time travel calls it up for advice.

But really, the ears are inches off and the brain bucket is lopsided as if it was holding up a fallen bookcase for a Death Valley summer.

Again, this is looking STRAIT down.
http://i63.tinypic.com/2n0545f.jpg

and here I had to angle the camera so far to the left I actually laughed taking the picture to get both ears in the picture.
http://i65.tinypic.com/kew8pe.jpg

Here is my helmet it is supposedly cast from a movie worn helmet

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    900.6 KB · Views: 197
You have a lot to learn when it comes to stormtrooper , the warp/ lopsided ears ect... are actually movie accurate. If you like a symetrical helmet get the EFX helmet which is silly looking.

GFollano

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back