Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

For anyone complaining about warts and all, I have THAT helmet. In fact its so bad it appears someone has sat on it. Sadly this appears to be a horribly assembled bucket as I cant even fit it over my head! Makes me assume the person doing the trimming over trimmed and tried to compensate for it during assembly. The amount of scratches on this helmet is unbelievable. There is also a dip/impression at the top of the bucket.

Having trooped in FX armor and worn LFL suits back during the EP3 era the thickness of the plastic seems correct but I can foresee lots of tears and rips in the armor if anyone is going to troop with this set up out of the box.

Looking strait down center.
2n0545f.jpg

The top is so badly warped I had to lean waaaay over to the side just to get both ears to show.
kew8pe.jpg

Strait down from the back.
1053xhw.jpg

Strait down looking in
125tgte.jpg

Reverse looking strait down in
2wefo7s.jpg

Cant get the many, what appears to be moisture contamination, warts to show in photos in the white area but they are visible on the teeth. There are also many worms and such everywhere.
6ir0o4.jpg

Assembly is just plain horrible.
27zj32f.jpg

1zwciyv.jpg

I ordered 2nd May and i've not heard anything yet either, it's a bit annoying they've shipped orders placed after I placed my order...

Ordered April 18. Nothing. Why? Because I'm in Canada and they are pooling international orders.They SHOULD START shipping international orders next week. I've defended Anovos through thick and thin on social media and everything. Not a happy camper here...

Was just reading these posts and Anovos just sent me an email. I ordered April 30th.

"Thank you for your order from ANOVOS! We wanted to let you know that your order (--------------) was shipped via FedEx, FedEx International Ground® on 1/28/2016. You can track your package at any time using the link below.

So for us International orders, it appears they have begun :)

OK, silly question: Is everything in one box?

Everything except the undersuit and gloves, which were the only two items where the purchaser selected their own size.

All of the one-size-fits-all parts went in the main Armor box.

For anyone complaining about warts and all, I have THAT helmet. In fact its so bad it appears someone has sat on it. Sadly this appears to be a horribly assembled bucket as I cant even fit it over my head! Makes me assume the person doing the trimming over trimmed and tried to compensate for it during assembly. The amount of scratches on this helmet is unbelievable. There is also a dip/impression at the top of the bucket.

Having trooped in FX armor and worn LFL suits back during the EP3 era the thickness of the plastic seems correct but I can foresee lots of tears and rips in the armor if anyone is going to troop with this set up out of the box.

Looking strait down center.
http://i63.tinypic.com/2n0545f.jpg

The top is so badly warped I had to lean waaaay over to the side just to get both ears to show.
http://i65.tinypic.com/kew8pe.jpg

Strait down from the back.
http://i64.tinypic.com/1053xhw.jpg

Strait down looking in
http://i66.tinypic.com/125tgte.jpg

Reverse looking strait down in
http://i66.tinypic.com/2wefo7s.jpg

Cant get the many, what appears to be moisture contamination, warts to show in photos in the white area but they are visible on the teeth. There are also many worms and such everywhere.
http://i64.tinypic.com/6ir0o4.jpg

Assembly is just plain horrible.
http://i65.tinypic.com/27zj32f.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/1zwciyv.jpg

This actually just looks like how the real ones were put together. You can adjust it if you feel like unscrewing the ears, drilling out the pop rivet (easy) and retrimming/positioning. Use magnets till you get it right.

Some of the warping is actually due to the the pieces and are "authentic". It would be hard to eliminate all.

You can't put the stormtrooper helmets on without twisting it, is this what you mean?

If you don't want to take it apart, you can at least remove the gaps on the temples by tightening the bolt, the washer will grab the plastic faceplate from behind and pull it together more.

Should be easy to tidy it all up, good luck!

I don't understand, are you saying you didn't expect the lopsided helmet and assembly as you received it? It's accurate to the movie original helmets as far as I know. And you put the helmet on sideways and then twist it to the front. The instructions in the PDF even says that and it's been confirmed as pretty normal for TK buckets.

Or are you kidding? I'm confused.

I got mine this afternoon! I ordered on May 3rd, and live in western Washington. My kit came without the top card with the assembled trooper on it. Not a big deal since it would have ended up in the recycle bin anyway.

All in all, I'm very happy with it so far. The bucket has a couple of imperfections on it, but nothing I can't live with. I can't say much for the rest of the suit yet, but everything looked good when I inspected it. I can't wait to get started on the build this weekend!

This actually just looks like how the real ones were put together. You can adjust it if you feel like unscrewing the ears, drilling out the pop rivet (easy) and retrimming/positioning. Use magnets till you get it right.

Some of the warping is actually due to the the pieces and are "authentic". It would be hard to eliminate all.

You can't put the stormtrooper helmets on without twisting it, is this what you mean?

If you don't want to take it apart, you can at least remove the gaps on the temples by tightening the bolt, the washer will grab the plastic faceplate from behind and pull it together more.

Should be easy to tidy it all up, good luck!

I have actually disassembled my helmet and begun cleaning it up. It was assembled completely with screws, 5 on each side, no rivets.

View attachment 583880

I've got a build thread going over at whitearmor.net with lots of pictures if anyone is interested.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/35115-DBoz-ANOVOS-TK-Build

I'm running out of project space between this and KITT.
I'm not going to be wearing it, just assembling it so I probably won't do much trimming or work on it. my main concern is making it look good assembled.
What's a good thing to put this thing on?

12651156_10153796447215211_6079155922091135369_n.jpg

12642796_10153796442975211_6097583932079154316_n.jpg

12573794_10153796442985211_6792507227288759075_n.jpg

"Your ANOVOS order has been shipped!"
SHOOP THE WOOP!!!! Can confirm May 4th orders to Canada are heading out! Cannot confirm that the Fedex tracker will do anything, as the tracking number is not found.

"Your ANOVOS order has been shipped!"
SHOOP THE WOOP!!!! Can confirm May 4th orders to Canada are heading out! Cannot confirm that the Fedex tracker will do anything, as the tracking number is not found.
Fedex does have an app which works for me with the number anovos has sent me. And I live in Europe, so it should work for Canucks too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm thinking that maybe because they just shipped this morning it may not be on the Fedex site yet. As an aside, why on earth did Anovos create more silliness over international shipment dates when they clearly at EXACTLY THE SAME TIME were getting those orders out the door? Needless frustration which could be avoided in the future if social media and shipping can communicate a little better.

looking at the assembly instructions..do I want to trust glue to hold this thing together in parts? wouldn't it just be easier to use the tiniest screws around and paint 'em white to blend in for ultimate stability?

Ordered May the fourth, just received a text from FedEx, mine's coming tomorrow (1/30).

This'll be my first suit since I sold my original FX suit way back in 2000! I'm pretty excited, and impressed with Anovos for getting these orders shipped so quickly.

Time to start gathering hardware for assembly, thought I had more time to prepare, but I'm pleasantly surprised this is shipping ahead of schedule!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back