BMO from Adventure Time!

The Schlitzie

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Who wants to play video games?!

(I apologize in advance for the larger size photos)

Hey everybody, I've been wanting to have my very own BMO for quite a while, and finally the finish line is in sight. I've sourced my plans being converted into vector files and being laser cut out of acrylic sheet by Foxy Designs LTD (those interested in their services, i can answer questions through PM). They've also made the decals as well. I couldn't have done this project without them.

I referenced heavily off the build and photos online at:byobmo.com

The innards are pretty ghetto, but it gets the job done! I gutted a digital photo frame for the face. at the moment it just cycles through 20 different faces.

I still need to fabricate the arms and legs. I might also make some controllers that attach to the back. one of the outlets on the front is hiding a sensor that allows me to control BMO with a remote as well. I had issues with the previous innards which would allow a few video animations but the circuit board was damaged so I had to settle with just pictures.

v v v v v v v VIDEO!!!!! v v v v v v v

https://youtu.be/TDUU7EIfLqU

[URL=http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/schlitzie/media/IMG_0630_zpsbyzpoha5.jpg.html]

[/URL]​

Last edited:
I'm sure I can sculpt up a foot and hand for you to make a mold of.

If there's any interest, i might open an INT thread in the JY when I get close to finishing mine.
bmo is coming out pretty sweet! now we just gotta figure out his little arms and legs:cool

Useless BMO fact: in the cartoon if you look at the controller ports on BMO they're exactly the same as the Atari 2600 and Sega Genesis in the real world. Now that you look at BMO it looks like the designer tossed together various game systems going back to the Vectrex computer/console with the built in screen and a gameboy. Watching this thread for sure.

The face sheet has the rounded shape. The sides just go to a 90 degree angle. I just filled in the inside of the corners with bondo and used a palm sander to sand the angle till it matched up to the face angle. Crude but it was a no brainer.

I gotta get some 2600 controllers now! Thanks Wes!

SUPER AWESOME LOL!

so did the hands and feet work out ok schlitzie!?!?!?
i was a little worried about some tiny air bubble issues i was having with the resin.....time to buy a new batch!

what did you use for the tubing on the arms and legs?

Hey bud! the hands and feet worked out like a charm. The way they attach also allows them to be rotated before epoxying them on. I only ran into some minor bubbles which weren't a big deal at all since I had to spot putty around the seams anyways. The arms and legs are 1" 45 degree electrical conduit sweeps that I trimmed to length and I attached the legs with two 1" 90 degree pvc fittings that I trimmed etc.

SUPER AWESOME LOL!

so did the hands and feet work out ok schlitzie!?!?!?
i was a little worried about some tiny air bubble issues i was having with the resin.....time to buy a new batch!

what did you use for the tubing on the arms and legs?

I'm happy to say, my BMO has been used in the live action promo for the upcoming Enchiridion book release. Look for it on the bonus features of the season 6 dvd release!

My next Adventure Time projects will be these:

i had to bump this up because we forgot to show the video of bmo on the cartoon network commercial!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back