Possible EFX AT-ST ROTJ, TIE Bomber & Probe Droid studio scale

Leave him alone Jamie.... He got his offer of money back, stop digging to turn the tables....there s a 30 page thread that answers your questions and as many contradictions in here to counter play them

He wanted his money back or a kit, seems the refund was the easier option, doesn't matter if it was 2 days ago or a year!! Its a business not a loan shark scam

Just play nice now... both sides are heading back to square one in this transaction...thats a good thing

Hey wizard I was writing and feeding my kid before I hit enter so I didn't see his post. Again Steve's dealings are none of your business.

I'm not really into harry potter, its a bit girly for me.

Though actually maybe there was a bit of magic in the air tonight, and indirectly you helped by embarrassing Steve again... You should've jumped in earlier, maybe our friend would've had a refund months ago.

All's well that ends well though, Lets have a round of applause for the team ....................cracking stuff!

Now that my situation is cleared, I find a bit weird your reactions Jamie.....
I see that once again, it looks like you barking before reading and find excuses to do so. Who feeds his kid and wrights on forums in the same time.
Is that even possible??? And that's a real question.

I don't even understand why you're reacting like that when Steve was the only one I was talking about.

The fact that people are giving their point of view on a business is normal and the fact that many people are in the same situations just shows general problems in this business. It should be used as constructive critics and try to fix the problems instead of attacking back on forums like you just did.
Some people call that "learning from your mistakes".
Steve is a business man and not the Messiah and as I've said, I'm sure he can stand for himself. That would even make him look more respectable.

Having someone attacking people like you do in his name doesn't make him look good at all.

Last edited:
Steve's bodyguard (and spy) is da place ! Yay !

Steve has taken the SS hobby to heights you could only dream about. Have you sat in the Lucasfilm archives and measured,photographed,touched, held, or taken apart the real Star Wars filming miniatures? Have you produced licensed replicas? Have you ever worked for the largest film studio ever? Yea lol... you sure haven't.

Taken apart ? Did you mean "broken apart" ? :D

No seriously, I like Steve very much, and I believe you guys when you say you had access to the original movie props (got the photoshot of the TIE Interceptor taken outside the Archives from Steve, thanks man ! Too bad they are a bit out of focus and distorded :( ). However getting access to the original filming miniatures is one thing, knowing how to use calipers is another !

You've been arguing you had access to an original TIE cockpit ball (which is right), that your TIE cockpit ball was the correct diameter etc... You were rude with me (and this thread), told me I was wrong, that I did not have access to the original etc...

However Steve admitted to me some months ago that I was right and John C built the new Vader's TIE Fighter with a cokpit ball the correct diameter, same as I always said it should be.

Of course you guys have never been honest enough to admit publicly that I was right from the beginning. I know it's hard for you to admit that Jamie. You've been fighting against me for year about that.

So yeah the Nice-N TIE and eFX TIE are NOT studio scale, they are UNDERSCALED.

Period.

Go sit in the corner and shut your negative pie-hole. You're not in nor will you ever will play in this sandbox. "GET OVER IT" indeed.

I do agree with you for once Jamie, Steve and Guy don't play in the same sandbox. Guy is playing in the high end sandbox, trying to make the most accurate models. Yes there are one-off, but they're not 3D grown with 3D grown parts like the eFX stuff.

Regarding Steve's business I have nothing to say against him regarding the delivery. The only kit I have ever ordered from hit my door one week after I paid him. So I was pretty happy about that. However I could not say the same about the quality of the kit, the mold making was rushed, big blobs of clay to fill all of the undercuts of the not-even-accurate-kit-parts, molding lines not at the best place but right into the details, uneven thickness of the parts etc... After staring at it for 1 hour and thinking how I could fix it, I said bye bye to my $500 and threw the kit in the trash bin, and decided to build it myself.

However I do understand Steve is just the manager -and sometimes mold maker- but I want to say that the TRUE artist is John C and that he's not enough credited for his work (modelmaking and part ID) and Dan L for part ID.

It's fine Julien , I don't take a word of his dribble seriously like most of us here that are in a hobby it's kinda amusing when a business and its lorded secrecy and endeavours are compared to a hobbyist to make them feel better.

As you know in my job I have to work with insane amounts of ego on a daily basis so when the same old patterns appear in these threads it's water off a ducks back .

I don't blame Jamie for anything other than what he rambles and I understand the principals of business . I own one myself and it travels all over the world each month being what I consider very successful, I'm just not stupid enough to compare what I do to an amateur in the same field !!

So much of the discord in this hobby is caused but the greed and the ego .... Sad times till the old ways are beaten out.

As long as there is spineless people hanging back in the sidelines it'll keep happening.

The sad truth is that people's desires for these products cause them to make bad financial decisions

I was under the impression that nice n where not taking orders whilst people are owed?

Our friend here ordered 6 months ago when backlog was still a priority !!! So all that had been said before is moot,

To me it's more of a bank in appearance than a kit manufacturer , as long as people deposit it'll carry on being so !!!

I would rather it actually be a successful and fully operational Death Star as there is clearly a huge market for them still

Alas the mouse has fuelled the ego and they've formed a band and signed to NWA

Can't wait to see all the amazing things that are coming out, it's going to be a great thing to have studio scale models on the shelves again !

Let's hope it's worth the wait and the anticipation that the team are generating with all the exciting buzz talk

I remember when I was with Warner Bros some years back, I was excited too :)

Last edited:
:lol

Yes Julien...
That's all what you have and a freaking talent in studio scale models that I envy a bit.
Plus the fact that you dare sharing infos and methods with newbies.....
Damn you!

Julian you couldn't ruffle my feathers if you tried. You can assume and speculate all you like. That is all you have after all.

Oh that's no speculation Jamy, actually I have more than you would ever think and I bet I have more than you got ! :))
No worries bro, I won't blame you to not have the balls to admit you were wrong all this time ! Only a true man can and having a rifle won't help you to be a man. :)

From FB

cats.jpg

Based on this I am terrified EFX has the Ep 7 prop license which would totally surprise me, and yet not, that Disney would allow this to continue.

Tom

I don't have any hopes to see the mentioned ships in the next decade. :( I only wanted to show this announcement

I'm sure EFX will knock out some really great models eventually

Regarding all the replicas the Nice n team have done for the 2 Disney exhibits , really mammoth task and they look really great so no wonder he's had no time to deal with real life stuff

I'd be very keen to see them all up close , especially that slave 1, truly mammoth task so hats off to all involved !!!!

Such an accalde to have that under your belts with no time, I mean just thinking about it takes 3 months let alone building it all

Hats off ,

I like to think one day EFX will deliver.

I do understand everyone frustration, but the constant drumbeat of negativity may not be productive.

How long did people have to wait to get their EFX tie. You can't get one aftermarket for under $1500. That's a testament to what they do.

I like to think one day EFX will deliver.

I do understand everyone frustration, but the constant drumbeat of negativity may not be productive.

How long did people have to wait to get their EFX tie. You can't get one aftermarket for under $1500. That's a testament to what they do.

Some say the glass is half empty.

Some say the glass is half full.

Some say there is room for Vodka.

I would say this is a very positive comment and way to look at the EFX situation so you are a "room for Vodka" person. Like my wife. She can find the good in any situation.

Tom

I picked up the eFx X-Wing and TIE. Despite their flaws major and minor I like them very much. However the fact that nothing has come since and its been a LONG time does not fill me with confidence.

That being said the second something comes up for pre-order that I want I will get it.

The fact that the prototypes are mostly completed gives some hope but the leap from prototype to done can be a long and tricky road.

Just as an aside - I've gotten several things from 'the Nice-N" crew over the years... Typically I waited longer than advertised - but was NEVER left without a model. and the model that I got was always very nice... no pun intended.

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back