Possible EFX AT-ST ROTJ, TIE Bomber & Probe Droid studio scale

The brighter the lighting the more it washes out.The turret guns aren't even on that reference yet. I'm sure they did add more detail/color to it to make it look better under studio lighting. The green tones are in several places, also a good deal of rust,same colors are on red 5. All I know about the original is how it was presented for photography/measuring.

As Steve said in the EFX Tested video we do know that this model is what the other Y's were based on. As in cast from. The body has no ugly cast seems around sides. The level of detail and plant on parts is ridiculous.

As Steve said in the EFX Tested video we do know that this model is what the other Y's were based on. As in cast from. The body has no ugly cast seems around sides. The level of detail and plant on parts is ridiculous.

There's no doubt it is an incredible model! No questioning that. Just trying to understand the paint schemes a little better and point out the obvious changes in painted detail added over time to the original filming model.

It's all speculation. I mean there are only a couple/few of the ILM photographs of the model. To me they look like early post filming photographs. Missing guns, droids being changed around etc.

Wow what a beauty! I´m in love... :love Steve really nailed the paint scheme.

Would really like to know if the efx model will be the only chance to get this Y or if there might be another option in the future for people who like to build and paint themselves... :)

The probe droid was really cool. The head would randomly turn and it would make noise.

Didn't seem to get much attention, but it should.

The Tie Killer is supposed to go into production with EFX, and as far as I know not a kit option. The gold MOM Y is supposed to be a kit at some point,and triangles. Not sure about triangles because there is really no good reference that I know of to detail it properly.Time will tell.

The MOM version is already mapped out and ready for plant on/detailing work on the master body casting. The engine detail on the MOM is almost the same as the Tie Killer which helps. I can tell you that Slave 1 is happening, ANH ISD (again EFX), a (big:p) falcon is supposed to happen. Check in on Nice 'N' Models Design website and the facebook page for updates. The whole group has been working really hard to get everything done. A huge shout out to Steve,John, John C.,Dan,Isel,Doug,Jason, Frank, Mike, and so many others over the years, (and family's) for continuing to support, and bust major ass for the hobby we enjoy so much. The EFX booth this weekend has showcased all these guys hard work and dedication IMO that's awesome!. mf_emoticon_psychoticbacca.gif

Wow what a beauty! I´m in love... :love Steve really nailed the paint scheme.

Would really like to know if the efx model will be the only chance to get this Y or if there might be another option in the future for people who like to build and paint themselves... :)

Would be nice if EFX's web page didn't look like it hasn't been edited or used for about 10 years :) They make good stuff...I hate to see them lose sales because their web page looks like they went out of business! Time to take down the pre-order info on the tie-fighters....that was sooo long ago! :)

The Tie Killer is supposed to go into production with EFX, and as far as I know not a kit option. The gold MOM Y is supposed to be a kit at some point,and triangles. Not sure about triangles because there is really no good reference that I know of to detail it properly.Time will tell.

The MOM version is already mapped out and ready for plant on/detailing work on the master body casting. The engine detail on the MOM is almost the same as the Tie Killer which helps.

Too bad for Gold Leader... On the other hand, I love the MOM´s painting quite a bit more than Gold Leader´s... :)

That is one excellent paintjob on the paint master. It is spot on to the original miniature. Woow! Kudos to you!

It would be really great, if EFx would offer two versions:
- One paint Job reproducing the paint job on the miniature and
- one matching the way the model appeared on the big screen when the movie was first shown (before digital enhancement of contrast and colors) or as on the old promotional pictures.

I think that a y-wing with more faded colors (less contrast) would look cool too. Hard choice!
For some models I would certainly prefer the "screen look":
A-Wing for example: The red with the violet tint over the brig red.
Main Color of the tie-fighters in ANH: The grey over the blue.

What do you guys think? How cool would it be to have a color option?
Michael

Steve Neisen did the paint master.

What I don't think people realize is how much darker these models are in person under normal lighting.They are VERY weathered, but the intense studio lights wash most of that away. I've looked at several different individuals photographs from last weeks celebration and they all look different. Go figure.

Here are some more from the exhibit of Gold Leader!
11130443_1630454743852449_4890950352547806434_o.jpg1795410_1630454807185776_4363310465284688394_o.jpg

That is one excellent paintjob on the paint master. It is spot on to the original miniature. Woow! Kudos to you!

It would be really great, if EFx would offer two versions:
- One paint Job reproducing the paint job on the miniature and
- one matching the way the model appeared on the big screen when the movie was first shown (before digital enhancement of contrast and colors) or as on the old promotional pictures.

I think that a y-wing with more faded colors (less contrast) would look cool too. Hard choice!
For some models I would certainly prefer the "screen look":
A-Wing for example: The red with the violet tint over the brig red.
Main Color of the tie-fighters in ANH: The grey over the blue.

What do you guys think? How cool would it be to have a color option?
Michael

Can anyone give me advice on how to acquire efx models when you live in Europe? They list some retailers on their website but most websites the links lead to look somewhat... shabby. Could I buy the Y-Wing directly from efx? Or is their a trustworthy European retailer (I somewhat fear the import fees...)? Thanks in advance! :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back