Possible EFX AT-ST ROTJ, TIE Bomber & Probe Droid studio scale

Saw the studio scale on the collector's panel, really cool stuff. Bryan also showed a full scale remote R2-D2 that they're working on, not sure if that's going to be sold or just for booth display.

That Y is looking really good.

Can't wait to see more of it and what other surprises eFX has waiting for us.

My money is ready.

I am one click away from ordering the ol ESB AT-ST...Would look so cool next to my Hasbro Modded AT-ST
aa635d810464da2bcad8c8d6e8a78ace.jpgI

Last edited:
Darkside, you said earlier that Steve painted the Y in 24 hrs.

But that is not the final paint master is it?

Yes he did. And yes this is the paint master. This IS what gold leader looks like.There are side by side reference taken from the original to compare with. Steve had all the steps worked out beforehand. And had consulted with many for the color,washes etc.

yes he did. And yes this is the paint master. This is what gold leader looks like.there are side by side reference taken from the original to compare with. Steve had all the steps worked out beforehand. And had consulted with many for the color,washes etc.

hmmmmm?
11166006_10204257609982131_1503093201_n.jpgYwing1.jpg

The original, in natural lighting.View attachment 466383

Wow definitely a difference. I wonder if the green tones were added later? I keep looking at hi res photos of reference I have and can't see the greens or even a shade variation which you should be able to pick up under even bad lighting. Out of curiosity, does the private collector/owner of Tie Killer keep it stored away? Looks like it might be in some sort of box.

The brighter the lighting the more it washes out. The green tones are in several places, also a good deal of rust. All I know about the original is how it was presented for photography/measuring.

Yea definitely think they added paint detail over time, which wasn't out of the ordinary. Look at this comparison. Even though one is grainy, you can clearly see areas in which they added streaks and rust.
Variations.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back