The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

Unfortunately, whether they use the image of the accurate shirt or an image of the modern variant with icons instead of the hex pattern, retailers carrying this shirt are actually dropshippers for McDavid's current (inaccurate) stock. The only way to find one and be sure of what you're getting at this point would be to watch eBay for a used or old stock one in an instance in which someone posts an image of the actual shirt they're selling. I picked up several of the inaccurate shirts inadvertently in trying to find the 8840s and 8800s!
So there is no way to get the accurate shirt (neither the 8840 or the 8800 with red lines and hex path on sleeves)? That's very bad...

Are you sure it won't worth trying to buy from here? http://www.amazon.com/McDavid-CRESHI-Compression-Recovery-Shirt/dp/B0075K6G8S#

Last edited:
So there is no way to get the accurate shirt (neither the 8840 or the 8800 with red lines and hex path on sleeves)? That's very bad...

The 8840 never had red stitching; that was added by production. And no, unless you scour athletic stores for their outdated compression gear or save a search on eBay, you won't likely find one. They've been out of production in that style for too long. On the plus side, if you DO come across one by searching in that way you're pretty likely to get a good deal on it! I imagine any remaining in a retail environment are sitting in bargain/sale bins.

The 8840 never had red stitching; that was added by production. And no, unless you scour athletic stores for their outdated compression gear or save a search on eBay, you won't likely find one. They've been out of production in that style for too long. On the plus side, if you DO come across one by searching in that way you're pretty likely to get a good deal on it! I imagine any remaining in a retail environment are sitting in bargain/sale bins.
I decided to email a lot of retail sellers, in order to ask whether I'm really purchasing the shirt shown in the picture (I'm going for the 8800 with red stripes) or not... I hope to be lucky

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

I decided to email a lot of retail sellers, in order to ask whether I'm really purchasing the shirt shown in the picture (I'm going for the 8800 with red stripes) or not... I hope to be lucky

Good luck! The white stitching on the 8840R is easy to color red as well, but I think that shirt is even harder to find than the 8800.

http://www.megalonsport.com/sports-...-compressionE284A2-recovery-shirt-p-1179.html

What do you think about this one? Seems like a 8800, but it has the "new" logo. And it also seems very similar to the one used in the show.

If you write to them, they'll likely tell you the same thing every McDavid distributor online told the us: "you order from us, we order from them." They don't bother to update the product image on their site, because McDavid unfortunately never updated their product code for the garment with the design change. If they had, it'd sure make the remaining ones out there easier to track down.

http://www.megalonsport.com/sports-...-compressionE284A2-recovery-shirt-p-1179.html

What do you think about this one? Seems like a 8800, but it has the "new" logo. And it also seems very similar to the one used in the show.

I have that exact shirt, but the catch is exactly what Westies said. The picture may look right but that's because McDavid seems to change the design and not update the product code (and they dont tell anyone either). The current 8800 with the M pattern is probably the closest you're going to find. If you want to hunt, check ebay and email the seller before placing the order to ensure he has it in stock. That is how I found mine (but that was also 6+ months ago). You can also do the same with the stores, but there's no guarantees in this. Just make sure you can return it for free.

As for the 8840, if you happen to take an XXL, you can still get it from McDavid
http://www.mcdavidusa.com/Product/8840R/MCDAVID_Compression_Shirt.aspx

Keep in mind that if it's too big, it's not an item that can be easily tailored to fit.

Last edited:
I have that exact shirt, but the catch is exactly what Westies said. The picture may look right but that's because McDavid seems to change the design and not update the product code (and they dont tell anyone either). The current 8800 with the M pattern is probably the closest you're going to find. If you want to hunt, check ebay and email the seller before placing the order to ensure he has it in stock. That is how I found mine (but that was also 6+ months ago). You can also do the same with the stores, but there's no guarantees in this. Just make sure you can return it for free.

As for the 8840, if you happen to take an XXL, you can still get it from McDavid

Keep in mind that if it's to big, it's not an item that can be easily tailored to fit.
I'm emailing a lot of stores, hoping to find a 8800 with the hexagonal path.
Unfortunately, I can't find any seller on ebay (except for a shop which is a retailer, I suppose).
Regarding the XXL 8840: I've already seen it, but I'm just 186cm x 74kg... it could never fit, (un)fortunately

Myself and JKKS actually got in contact with the McDavid site regarding the XXL shirts and they CANNOT guarantee you will get the old style. They have both new and old in stock, and are not willing to check which you get before posting.

Keep in mind that if it's too big, it's not an item that can be easily tailored to fit.

I asked a lot of shops, but it seems there are no 8800 (neither 8840R) shirts avaliable by now. Also noticed that I might have the same problem with the pants... That's not good.
If anyone's selling the accurate 8840R shirt or the correct pants PM me :)

However, I just sent a message to the Kingfisher facebook page in order to know the size of the sticks used for the show: I'll post it here as soon as I get to know it.

I asked a lot of shops, but it seems there are no 8800 (neither 8840R) shirts avaliable by now. Also noticed that I might have the same problem with the pants... That's not good.

However, I just sent a message to the Kingfisher facebook page in order to know the size of the sticks used for the show: I'll post it here as soon as I get to know it.

Update: the sticks used for the show can be purchased from Kingfisher official website: you have to order enhanced staffs at 18" x 15/16" diameter and specify that you want the ones used in Daredevil. The guy who answered my email (Brad) was very polite, and I think it's a reliable enterprise. Unfortunately the sticks are very expensive, but you can still order L5 or L7 grade.

Still looking for the shirt, hope you can help me!

Ask and you shall receive! I sold the first of my two complete sets of DD stealth gear earlier this fall; I'm letting go of my second now. It's comprised of fully accurate parts, including the rare 8840R with hex panels and correct vintage G-STAR pants:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=250635

Asking price is less than is invested in the pieces. Let me know if anyone here is interested!

Haven't checked in on this thread in a while. Thought I would post my Red Suit build

7kvoSUc.jpg

Like several people I started working on this while watching the new Netflix series. A couple others threads are out there with a "Close enough" items but nothing resembling a definitive thread of confirmed items. I'll post the ones I've found here and update as new items are identified and confirmed.

Reference images:
The Black Ninja Suit album.
The Red Suit album.

The Black Ninja Suit:

The Black Mask: Confirmed
According to this interview with the Costume designer the mask is made using several layers Black cotton mesh fabric. Not as much confirmation as we would like, but its a start.

The Compression Shirt: Confirmed
McDavid 8840R Men's Compression Shirt Long Sleeve. Black, No M Logo on the chest, correct hexagon pattern on the sleeves. The only thing missing obviously, is the red stitching. That would mean that it was done after the fact by the costume department. Click here for a screen shot that supports this theory. The stitch work is pretty shoddy and doesn't look like something that would be mass produced.

View attachment 467850

Elbow pads: Confirmed
6515R McDavid Hex Knee/Elbow Pads.

View attachment 465464

Forearm sleeve: Confirmed
651R McDavid Hexpad Arm Sleeve
View attachment 465467

Velcro wrist strap: Confirmed
513 McDavid elastic wrist support with red label removed. Click here for more information.

View attachment 464841

The Gloves: Confirmed
Ringers Carbon Tactical Gloves 557

View attachment 463142View attachment 463141

The belt: Confirmed
Levi's Cotton Web Belt Silver Military Buckle.

View attachment 475762

The Pants: Confirmed
G-Star Powel 3D Tapered in Black.

View attachment 475763

The Boots: Confirmed
Bates E02261 8" Tactical Sport Side Zip Boot.

View attachment 463147

What could be an alternative for the pants

Since the old model is not avaliable by now, you could pick the new one, of course. However, I'm waiting for someone to sell his suit, since some pieces can't be found anywhere.

If you're willing to split this yet, I'm still looking for the 8840R!

Ask and you shall receive! I sold the first of my two complete sets of DD stealth gear earlier this fall; I'm letting go of my second now. It's comprised of fully accurate parts, including the rare 8840R with hex panels and correct vintage G-STAR pants:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=250635

Asking price is less than is invested in the pieces. Let me know if anyone here is interested!

Sorry to be late to the party, but rewatching season 1, I'd like to stay putting together the black suit. I don't suppose anyone has a McDavid shirt they're looking to part with...?

Sean

Sorry to be late to the party, but rewatching season 1, I'd like to stay putting together the black suit. I don't suppose anyone has a McDavid shirt they're looking to part with...?

Sean

The correct McDavid Shirt 8840R with the hex pattern on the arms can't be found anymore. It was discontinued by McDavid even before the show aired and iirc only a couple of members here managed to snag one before they were completely gone (aside from the XXL side that remained available for quite some time).

Your closest option remains the current 8800R shirt with the MTek pattern that is still available on McDavid's website. The upside is that it's the same cut as the 8840 and that it already comes with the red stitching (and frankly the incorrect pattern is barely visible as it is and even less visible when you have the arm pads on).

Yes, I'm aware the shirt has been discontinued but am hoping somebody may have picked one up that they no longer need. After all, half the fun is the search!

I picked up one of the newer McDavid shirts and will see how easy it is to remove the logo...

Sean

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back