The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

As for the head piece.... would a du rag work? They are sheer and stretch. There is no bulk in the back, so just an idea that came to mind.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luxury-Blac...2&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=6&sd=261027070648&rt=nc

Technically yes, ideally if we can get a piece of lycra or spandex sewed in the same pattern as a durag but made longer, it would be good. However normal durags are too short and seethrough, so they look weird

Is that the same case I posted in my thread?
If you are going for his normal batons the just get so hardwood dowels at 15" and 1.3" diameter would do the job well. Nunchuck handles are way to big for his street sticks however for his red Billy club they would be perferc

Yeah, It's not the same case but I found it on another site but here's an american one for you: http://www.amazon.com/Tiger-Claw-Hard-Nunchuck-Case/dp/B00E35G174
All I would need to do is attach some leg straps which is pretty easy.
And yeah if nunchuks are too much ill just get some dowels

Right so I took a closeup of the mask IMG_20150412_232738.JPG and brightened it up to see the texture I also found scrim-500x500.jpg polycotton scrim used in theatre productions as people can see out but no one can see in

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-12-23-24-55.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-12-23-24-55.png
    651.6 KB · Views: 455
You can get scrim scarves on eBay for 5.99 double them up for the main mask piece and add another for the back and you have it for under £20 :)

oh thank god, the theater production scrims were like 80$ per yard.

Found some on ali that is 2 for 10$ since i couldnt find any cheaper on ebay.

Looks good, hope I can see through it.

Last edited:
oh thank god, the theater production scrims were like 80$ per yard.

Found some on ali that is 2 for 10$ since i couldnt find any cheaper on ebay.

Looks good, hope I can see through it.
Apparently you can won't know till it's tested I guest but I thought the textures look very similar to eachother.

The more I loo, at the red suit I get the feeling the black sections are cordura the texture of it is very similar hope it isn't though don't like the idea of cordura around my face unable to breathe lol

I'm really interested in his baton upgrade. They seem to be solid metal, with the majority being a knurled rod painted red. What's really interesting and confusing is the silver sections and the locking mechanism. I've grabbed some screenshots, one of which shows off a clear button of some sort and small holes for the locking system. Does anyone know how these attach/detach?
Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.48.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.49.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.52.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.52.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.55.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.55.58 PM.png

Some of the screen grabs I have the red and the black material (around the neck and jaw area and leg) have the same exact pattern. I have been looking off and off for a few hours today and can't place the pattern/material. Cordura is close, but my gut is telling me it is different. Just the way it looks in the light and the thread pattern has not matched any cordura I have found yet. I am still looking right now at different types of materials, but so far I can't put my finger on it. I hope I can by tomorrow since I want to order it so have it ready for next weekend.
DD8.jpg

I recently just finished watching daredevil and I really want to make the red suit.
I will be happy when someone finds out the materials used for the red suit.

Well, I was happy for about half a second.... the pattern the red suit's material has is identical to the reverse side of untreated kevlar. Considering how impossible it is to work with kevlar, I am going to get some sleep, hit the gym and start round two of find the main material used bright and early. I am guessing they would not spend the time and money to use neat or untreated kevlar when there has to be something identical in appearance that is 10000% more user friendly.

So guess I will be back here to see if there are any updates around 7am. Best of luck to the rest of you searching.

Everyone trying to find the red suit fabric, I doubt you'll find it off the shelf. It appears to be a fabric with a chunky weave with a basket weave pattern screen printed in a matching color over top, similar to most of Cap's suits and the accent panels on Star-Lord's jackets.

-Nick

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks to all of the people who are doing such great research and discovery in this thread. This is what the RPF is supposed to be all about :D

I hope to keep it that way Matt. These threads have a bad habit of being derailed.

------

As for the holster its definitely custom, once I identify the materials used for it, I plan to make one myself. It doesn't look complicated at all.

I do wonder though if it has a snap or something to hold it in place. It's not connected to the belt rig so I wonder what keeps it in place on the leg right there. Perhaps a snap or velcro underneath.

vsxnifQ.jpg

Some of the screen grabs I have the red and the black material (around the neck and jaw area and leg) have the same exact pattern. I have been looking off and off for a few hours today and can't place the pattern/material. Cordura is close, but my gut is telling me it is different. Just the way it looks in the light and the thread pattern has not matched any cordura I have found yet. I am still looking right now at different types of materials, but so far I can't put my finger on it. I hope I can by tomorrow since I want to order it so have it ready for next weekend.
View attachment 463589
Well, the black really seems to stretch, so perhaps it's a knit of some kind?

The red suit is definitely all custom made I think its either going to be a very expensive suit or we will have to find something close as

I was looking at all the shirts I have.
Previously I mentionned I bought some pants from uniqlo that I will be using for the suit.

I also bought this cool heattech shirt and it ****ing hit me. The shirt is see-through , very stretchy and the material is almost exactly like the mask!! however it's grey.

hXanZXc.jpg

I think I can make a mask out of this if a longsleeve version is bought. I think I would have to dismantle the shirt itself by cutting the sewed parts and reshaping it into a moldable version.

I just bought one, ill let you all know

Here's 2 pics of me testing said shirt (stretching it over a leftover vinyl faceshell I once used for spiderman suits)
I think it looks perfect,

iGFUQAt.jpgRPvFa36.jpg
It looks a bit like theres little puffballs on it, but this is due to wearing it for so long...real one looks stripey

Last edited:
The red suit is definitely all custom made I think its either going to be a very expensive suit or we will have to find something close as

At this point, I am totally going to agree. A custom fabric is not what I was wanting to hear at all. At least there are several fabrics out there that look the part, the weave just may not be as wide. Guess I am going to head out to the fabric stores this morning and see what is even available. I am willing to to settle for a good substitute that hopefully will fit my budget better than custom made fabrics.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back