The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

I am really surprised it is taking us this long to ID the pants! I feel like I have looked through 1000 pictures of different pairs of pants and am still empty handed.

I am really surprised it is taking us this long to ID the pants! I feel like I have looked through 1000 pictures of different pairs of pants and am still empty handed.

Same here. It's incredibly frustrating.
And now i get all these targeted ads about cargo pants popping up everywhere. :D

I did some digging and i think i have the frames charlie cox wears. http://optometristattic.com/6995_optometrist_attic.htm . i held it next to a couple of screenshots, and i would say its pretty damm accurate. What do you guys think?

Those are close but the screen glasses are oval rather than round. Same company makes the frame in oval though. It's called the Savile Row Walmer. It's very close but hard to tell for sure if it's an exact match. The shiny silver of the screen glasses reflect so much that it almost looks like there's a groove across the bridge. Pretty sure it's just a reflection though.

The glasses aren't cheap and there are several sizes available(more than on Optometrist Attic) so be prepared to exchange a time or two but they're great glasses, same company that made Indy's glasses. Be sure to get the saddle bridge.

8170-2FRNT.jpg

19951289.jpg

Velcro wrist strap:
513 McDavid elastic wrist support with red label removed.

yIZtPbA.jpgdbeckjW.jpg

For those wondering about the wrist strap. Here's the package and what it looks like out of the box. Just need to remove the red label. Very easy.

After ripping a few stitches...

kb6kzrm.jpg

Ready to go. There only two sizes. Small/Medium and Large/X-Large.

These are the Large/X-Large.

It fits me comfortably, and my wrist is measurement is 7' in.

I should mention that these are sold individually, which is annoying, just remember you will have to by two of these. They are sold separately.

yIZtPbA.jpg

dbeckjW.jpg

kb6kzrm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Those are close but the screen glasses are oval rather than round. Same company makes the frame in oval though. It's called the Savile Row Walmer. It's very close but hard to tell for sure if it's an exact match. The shiny silver of the screen glasses reflect so much that it almost looks like there's a groove across the bridge. Pretty sure it's just a reflection though.

The glasses aren't cheap and there are several sizes available(more than on Optometrist Attic) so be prepared to exchange a time or two but they're great glasses, same company that made Indy's glasses. Be sure to get the saddle bridge.

View attachment 466423

View attachment 466424

Hmm, looks good. Who would you suggest buying directly from?

Also, what do you mean by a saddle bridge?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Hmm, looks good. Who would you suggest buying directly from?

Also, what do you mean by a saddle bridge?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

First off, let me answer the easy one. A saddle bridge doesn't have nose pads. The bridge itself sits on your nose.

Otherwise, let me start with a couple of options. I've been an Indy guy so long I assume people know the story of these frames. There's a company in England called Algha Works. They've been in business since 1898 and have produced glasses for NHS, BOIC, Berkshire Chase, etc. They currently produce two lines for the US market. One is Berkshire Chase and the other Savile Row. At a glance the glasses are of the exact same design, but the SR's are gold filled frames and the BC's are gold plated. The SR's are a more expensive frame but also more repairable and will last longer. The BC's are great, just not as heavy duty or nice. I'd say for this application the BC's would be fine.

Now, I've ordered Savile Row frames from Frames Direct and eyeglass.com and been happy with both of these companies. The frame I ordered from eyeglass.com had an issue and it was handled right away, no questions asked(the company that imports the glasses sent a SR frame with BC temples). Not sure of the availability where you are but these companies might not be the best option for you as they're both US based.

Here's the link to Frames Direct, although they don't have shiny silver(Rhodium) as an option, I'm sure it's available.

http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Savile_Row-tekaoc/r.html

Here's the link to the Berkshire Chase Saddle Oval. Again, they don't have silver as an option but it is available.

http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Berkshire_Chase-qdrbo/r.html

And the links to Berkshire Chase's(the importer) pages.

http://berkshirechase.com/product/savile-row-14kt-walmer/ Don't worry about the tortoise surround, it's available on most of their wire frames.

http://berkshirechase.com/product/berkshire-chase-saddle-oval/

Now after all this, I want to point out that I'm not 100% on this being the right frame. It's definitely close though. I need to rewatch the series to see if I can find any other indicators.

First off, let me answer the easy one. A saddle bridge doesn't have nose pads. The bridge itself sits on your nose.

Otherwise, let me start with a couple of options. I've been an Indy guy so long I assume people know the story of these frames. There's a company in England called Algha Works. They've been in business since 1898 and have produced glasses for NHS, BOIC, Berkshire Chase, etc. They currently produce two lines for the US market. One is Berkshire Chase and the other Savile Row. At a glance the glasses are of the exact same design, but the SR's are gold filled frames and the BC's are gold plated. The SR's are a more expensive frame but also more repairable and will last longer. The BC's are great, just not as heavy duty or nice. I'd say for this application the BC's would be fine.

Now, I've ordered Savile Row frames from Frames Direct and eyeglass.com and been happy with both of these companies. The frame I ordered from eyeglass.com had an issue and it was handled right away, no questions asked(the company that imports the glasses sent a SR frame with BC temples). Not sure of the availability where you are but these companies might not be the best option for you as they're both US based.

Here's the link to Frames Direct, although they don't have shiny silver(Rhodium) as an option, I'm sure it's available.

http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Savile_Row-tekaoc/r.html

Here's the link to the Berkshire Chase Saddle Oval. Again, they don't have silver as an option but it is available.

http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Berkshire_Chase-qdrbo/r.html

And the links to Berkshire Chase's(the importer) pages.

http://berkshirechase.com/product/savile-row-14kt-walmer/ Don't worry about the tortoise surround, it's available on most of their wire frames.

http://berkshirechase.com/product/berkshire-chase-saddle-oval/

Now after all this, I want to point out that I'm not 100% on this being the right frame. It's definitely close though. I need to rewatch the series to see if I can find any other indicators.
If you can't find the shiny frames just get metal go to a jewelry electroplater and have them Rhodium plated. Pls remove the lenses first...GM

I worry my sweat would kill a shiny finish. I need titanium frames as so far they're the only ones my sweat won't pit and damage :cool

But thanks for the explanation and keep us posted.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

If you can't find the shiny frames just get metal go to a jewelry electroplater and have them Rhodium plated. Pls remove the lenses first...GM

The shiny version is available on eyeglass.com as well as being listed on berkshirechase.com, just not framesdirect.com for whatever reason. Definitely would want to get the right one though as plating them would probably double the cost.

I worry my sweat would kill a shiny finish. I need titanium frames as so far they're the only ones my sweat won't pit and damage :cool

But thanks for the explanation and keep us posted.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Have you ever tried real gold frames? The rolled 14k white gold(gold filled) frame with rhodium plating would hold up much better than the metal used in most frames. They're also easy to polish, although it wouldn't be as bright white after the rhodium wore off.

The last pair I purchased was the panto in rhodium with chestnut coverings and the bridge still looks good five years later. Granted, I have way too many glasses so they don't get daily wear.

The shiny version is available on eyeglass.com as well as being listed on berkshirechase.com, just not framesdirect.com for whatever reason. Definitely would want to get the right one though as plating them would probably double the cost.
Rhodium may cost $100. GM

I know this is supposed to be a definitive thread, but has anyone found a decent alternative to the mask over the counter?

Try leggings, it worked for me. I got this at the local H&MImageUploadedByTapatalk1429537388.498908.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429537571.760278.jpg
TIP: if you tie the legs of the leggings hard enough you won't see the bumps at the top of your head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone noticed that, on the red suit, it's a one-piece bodysuit with an armored vest over top? I've been going over my screen grabs, and that is the ONLY explanation I can find for the patterns and seams I'm looking at.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back