Original Snaggletooth Costume

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

For some time I've had one of the original Snaggletooth shirts from Star Wars, A New Hope. Recently, the original costume company auctioned off items from their archives, and among those items were the pants that went with the shirt I had.

I managed to snag (no pun intended.) the trousers at auction and am now proud to present the reunited pieces which are now part of a new full body display which I've created.

I've done a few of these for clients and it's very nice to do some work for myself for a change :)

The body is a heavily customized mannequin. It was reposed in the legs and arms, shrunk in the legs and torso, bulked for "weight" and naturally, the hump was added. The hands are urethane castings, the boots and bib are repros which I've added to complete the costume and the head is one I sculpted about 10 years ago.

One other thing to make special note of is, that the tooth... the "snaggle" tooth, if you will... on the mask is actually an original casting from Stuart Freeborn, who'd saved a small batch of extra castings of this style of tooth since his work on SW wrapped.

As a big cantina fan, to have a costume from this scene is something special to me. Having the shirt for some time, I never thought the chance would come up to make the outfit more complete. An article some time ago mentioned the pants being in the costumer's archives, but it seemed they weren't going anywhere. When the auction came up, I knew just how big an opportunity it was.

I'm really proud of both the costume as showpiece item in my collection, as well as the work I did on the display.

I hope you all enjoy the pics, thanks,
Tom

SnaggleDisplay.jpg

SnagglequinWEB.jpg

Nice work Tom. :thumbsup

I didn't realise you had gotten the pants as well... that's pretty damn rare to match up 2 parts of a costume from 2 different sources after all these years :)

They would have looked fine in a shadowbox frame, but a custom mannequin is the perfect way to display 'em. Looks amazing, and you got his pose just right.

Excellent job, mate.

Cheers,
John

Amazing you've got those costume pieces Tom, congrats. and what a terrific way to display them, great sculpt.

Jeremy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reverend Scapegoat @ Apr 9 2007, 05:21 PM) [snapback]1458779[/snapback]</div>
What a load of rubbish.
It's too short, and the costume should be blue.
[/b]

Yeah Tom got screwed. It doesn't even have the Ace Frehley boots.

Tom, it is close, but I would expect you to go that extra mile I have never seen you go for"it'll do"....until now.....very Disappointed.

Pat

Wow, that is one awesome display item.

Congrats on tracking down the items...

Great condition too.. even after all these years..

"Exit, stage right" :p ok, so that's snagglepuss... .

You're an animal, Tom. Amazing beyond words. I stand bowed by your talent. I've none, but am with you in spirit. You're keeping SW alive.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back