Jurassic Park Jeep update, Park Gateway Prop, and Dilophosaurus "Spitter"

Bossk

cincyjurassicjeepsm.jpgMy jeep has been posted here a few years ago, but since then changed it from #10 to #18 because I drive it every day and didn't want to remove the roll bar. Since the last time, I also found and installed the screen correct Sahara running boards which my jeep originally didn't have. I also swapped out the baby T-Rex for the dilophosaurus "Spitter" which is more iconic for the original movie. Dilo is made from a licensed JP Spitter mask modified with resin teeth, glass taxidermy eyes, and latex tongue. The body and tail is made from old green army foam sleeping mats (like my giant dragon and Dewback props). The dino is only a half prop, obscured with netting so I still have full use of the back for lockable storage. The gateway prop is approximately half scale, but still a full fifteen feet tall and wide enough for the jeep to drive through. I am now working on some simulated fire torches. For the next display I now have a huge jungle backdrop to mount behind the gateway. This photo was taken last year at the Cincinnati Comic Expo where it will be displayed this year as well.

Attachments

• ChristmasRex2.jpg
    ChristmasRex2.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 506
Re: Jurassic Park Jeep update, Park Gateway Prop, and Dilophosaurus "Spitter"

dilo.jpg
Awesome! Got any bigger pics?
Hey Mike, I don't do a lot of computer stuff, but will if I can load bigger images. In the meantime, here's a candid shot someone took of me driving with the dilo in the back. I drive this nearly every day unless the weather is bad or I need to carry/pull more cargo. Then I use my "INGEN Land Rover, which is also post here on the RPF.

- - - Updated - - -

dilo.jpg
Awesome! Got any bigger pics?
Hey Mike, I don't do a lot of computer stuff, but will if I can load bigger images. In the meantime, here's a candid shot someone took of me driving with the dilo in the back. I drive this nearly every day unless the weather is bad or I need to carry/pull more cargo. Then I use my "INGEN Land Rover, which is also post here on the RPF.

oh man. I LOVE that thing.
such a cool way to execute a full 1:1 dilophosaur without KILLING yourself on the build. have it trapped and laying down in the back of the jeep. GENIUS!!!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back