Gizmo sculpt

Jok3r0314

Sr Member
image.jpgI saw this picture on joe dante's official Twitter I felt the need to bring it to reality in my own way. Went from paper to clay really fast and he's looking pretty nifty image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 178
image.jpg Here's where gizmo stands at the moment, I've got to finish the umbrella fast since this is gonna be my moms Mother's Day gift

So funny and well executed indeed :)

What kind of material do you use for
this sculpt?

Chaim[/QUOTE
thank you :) this guy was made using original sculpey polymer clay, it was really to see what I could use to make one of a kind pieces for when I get specific requests.

So I suppose this needs to be baked before it's a solid piece?

I've been experimenting with magic sculpt lately which cures
within 2 hours but then can be worked upon as if a sculpture
with sandpaper, files etcetera and if you have to you can add
more magic sculpt onto the existing cured or even toy figure:

http://www.therpf.com/f11/upgrading-hasbro-rancor-eu-version-187886/

Chaim

Thats awesome! Yes the piece has to be baked but I'm interested in that magic sculpt for sure, I'll have to check it out.

The only downside of working with Magic Sculpt or something similar from Aves Epoxy Sculpt with 2 components being mixed together is ... the curing starts the moment you mix it, so you'll always have to make a small batch to start with ... work with it until it's fully cured after 2 hours ... sometimes I found that after an hour it really sculpts like Sculpey clay . . . so that's when you have to work fast to get the best result . . . after that it's only damage control ... but like I mentioned you can always file and sand or even cut off and start with a fresh new small batch and add onto the previous bit you've sculpted already ... so in all it's a different approach than when sculpting with clay. Check youtube for tutorials with Magic Sculpt or Aves Epoxy Sculpt :)

Chaim

The only downside of working with Magic Sculpt or something similar from Aves Epoxy Sculpt with 2 components being mixed together is ... the curing starts the moment you mix it, so you'll always have to make a small batch to start with ... work with it until it's fully cured after 2 hours ... sometimes I found that after an hour it really sculpts like Sculpey clay . . . so that's when you have to work fast to get the best result . . . after that it's only damage control ... but like I mentioned you can always file and sand or even cut off and start with a fresh new small batch and add onto the previous bit you've sculpted already ... so in all it's a different approach than when sculpting with clay. Check youtube for tutorials with Magic Sculpt or Aves Epoxy Sculpt :)

Chaim

ill definitely give it a look and see if it's something that I can use effectively

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back