Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (Post-release)

Re: Bay Turtles 2

yeah, the first movie ripped off The Amazing Spiderman. this one seems to rip off Avengers.

The original portal effect from the show was pretty cool looking...why not just use that? sigh.

And the other thing that annoys me. They made the turtles so annoyingly human looking..and yet rocksteady has what looks like a REAL Rhino's head? sigh.
can someone please ban michael bay and meghan fox from hollywood? i'm dreading the feigbusters trailer even more now.

about the only good casting choice is the arrow guy for casey jones. other than that...ugh.

I think their transformation looks depend on the mutagen and what species is getting mutated. The turtles were test subjects, I'm guessing they wanted them to be humanlike (Eric Sachs wasn't so surprised about how the turtles looked, but was surprised that they were a successful test) and Bebop and Rocksteady are humans who are being mutated into animals. So they take characteristics of their target mutation, sorta like how some versions have them change into the last thing they touched, taking on those looks and characteristics

Did anybody else think they saw Chris O'Donnell when Casey Jones first took off his mask? Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There needs to be a thread for us "not true fans" (because apparently you're not a "true" fan if you accept any change whatsoever from the source material) so we can get actual discussion instead of a thread full of "true fans" s***ing on the movie for no other reason than it's Michael Bay produced (which some seem to think means he's actually directing).

feel free ;o). I'll make sure to stay out of that one. there's one where they are going ga ga for it on the board I just left.

And by casual fans...you know the types. the ones who can't even bother to get the characters names right, and think two of the turtles are named 'mickey and ralph'.

as for people who can't accept change from the source material...I started off with being introduced to the turtles by the Fred Wolf Series. I loved it. sometime around 1993, I found the Mirage Series. City at War, to be exact. it took time to get used to the changes, most noteably because I was coming into a series mid way, and it was SOOO drastically different from the cartoon. but eventually, as I got older, I stuck with it and now love it. The 2003 series was DRASTICALLY different from 1987.....and I loved it from the start just because it WAS a different cartoon take from what we grew up with. The Turtles where real ninjas (they beheaded the shredder for gods sake without a second thought!) the voices where perfect, the music was great, and the animation was a MAJOR upgrade from the old stodgy show. The 2007 movie came along, ANOTHER great change to a classic franchise, and I loved that one too! (Patrick Stewart, thank you!)

Then, the dark times. The Nick Series is too hit and miss for me to get into. Sean Astin is fun as Raph, but not as fun as John Campbell from 2003. Mikey is getting dumber and dumber to the point of unlikeable idiot. there is no continuity. stuff gets set up that is forgotten halfway through. it goes from serious, to comedy, to horror movie randomly. it feels like five different people are running the show and no one knows what it wants to be. I gave it a chance, but it's not for me.

The IDW series, however, is DRASTICALLY different from what's come before, yet also feels instantly familair, like any good reboot should. Hun is as he should be (not a easily beatable jackie chan rip off like in the nick series). Shredder is awesome. Cool new characters introduced that actually get screen time. Bebop and Rocksteady, (the one thing the nick show got right) are also awesome. the turtles being re incarnated humans was also a neat idea that hasn't been done before.. but the point is, it feels like CARE AND THOUGHT went into this series form the ground up. and actual PLANNING.

The thing with Bay Turtles, is it just feels like a souless cash grab. from that horrible theme song, to the bland turtle voices (stereo typical in the case of raph and don). to the butt ugly splinter design....to the confusing plot that borrows from ten different movies.....to..well, just about everything that caused the first movie to suck so bad, because it had bay's stereo typical fingerprints all over them. he isn't making this movie for turtle fans. he's making it just because he gets a paycheck and can do his usual phone in work without a bit of effort. and hire his lacky friends to do most of the job for him (re director).

sorry for the rant... but any time I see someone praising this movie, I feel it needs to be said. this franchise got me through some tough high school years, so I Hate to see it be dragged in the mud like this ;o).... and I just saw the thread from that other forum with nothing but praise, so felt like ranting ;o).

Last edited:

feel free ;o). I'll make sure to stay out of that one. there's one where they are going ga ga for it on the board I just left.

And by casual fans...you know the types. the ones who can't even bother to get the characters names right, and think two of the turtles are named 'mickey and ralph'.

as for people who can't accept change from the source material...I started off with being introduced to the turtles by the Fred Wolf Series. I loved it. sometime around 1993, I found the Mirage Series. City at War, to be exact. it took time to get used to the changes, most noteably because I was coming into a series mid way, and it was SOOO drastically different from the cartoon. but eventually, as I got older, I stuck with it and now love it. The 2003 series was DRASTICALLY different from 1987.....and I loved it from the start just because it WAS a different cartoon take from what we grew up with. The Turtles where real ninjas (they beheaded the shredder for gods sake without a second thought!) the voices where perfect, the music was great, and the animation was a MAJOR upgrade from the old stodgy show. The 2007 movie came along, ANOTHER great change to a classic franchise, and I loved that one too! (Patrick Stewart, thank you!)

Then, the dark times. The Nick Series is too hit and miss for me to get into. Sean Astin is fun as Raph, but not as fun as John Campbell from 2003. Mikey is getting dumber and dumber to the point of unlikeable idiot. there is no continuity. stuff gets set up that is forgotten halfway through. it goes from serious, to comedy, to horror movie randomly. it feels like five different people are running the show and no one knows what it wants to be. I gave it a chance, but it's not for me.

The IDW series, however, is DRASTICALLY different from what's come before, yet also feels instantly familair, like any good reboot should. Hun is as he should be (not a easily beatable jackie chan rip off like in the nick series). Shredder is awesome. Cool new characters introduced that actually get screen time. Bebop and Rocksteady, (the one thing the nick show got right) are also awesome. the turtles being re incarnated humans was also a neat idea that hasn't been done before.. but the point is, it feels like CARE AND THOUGHT went into this series form the ground up. and actual PLANNING.

The thing with Bay Turtles, is it just feels like a souless cash grab. from that horrible theme song, to the bland turtle voices (stereo typical in the case of raph and don). to the butt ugly splinter design....to the confusing plot that borrows from ten different movies.....to..well, just about everything that caused the first movie to suck so bad, because it had bay's stereo typical fingerprints all over them. he isn't making this movie for turtle fans. he's making it just because he gets a paycheck and can do his usual phone in work without a bit of effort. and hire his lacky friends to do most of the job for him (re director).

sorry for the rant... but any time I see someone praising this movie, I feel it needs to be said. this franchise got me through some tough high school years, so I Hate to see it be dragged in the mud like this ;o)....
I loved your post. I entirely believe that a true fan doesn't mean that you have to accept and like every single incarnation of a franchise. True fans should be very passionate about what they love and not just sit and take it up the rear and accept it.

As you very well illustrated, the turtles franchise has gone quite a few different directions over the last 30 years. OK LOTS. And I have been very ok with those changes. This has been the only incarnation I have truly had a major problem with as a true fan. And that's true. :) I still very much love my Ninja Turtles, but this is not Ninja Turtles. It looks like a bad action comedy skinned with TMNT characters.

And I understand why people get upset when the term 'true fan' pops up. I get it. there is no real definition of what a true fan is....so I try to avoid using it. but in some cases, like this movie franchise, where I See people praising it either just because it's turtles, or because they LIKE soulless action flicks (hey, ID4 was a fun romp, so they arn't all bad!), this is when I feel the need to bring the term up from time to time. it doesn't and shouldn't count as part of the turtles franchise because it's not being done by people who CARE about the franchise. you don't cast your go to actress meghan fox as the lead role, and then meld he franchise to fit her and make her the star. it just doesn't work like that.

and hell, I even liked Next Mutation to some tiny tiny degree. Venus would have been a MUCH more interesting concept if she wasn't in the same bowl as the turtles AND not a relative. Dr.Queaze was a cool villain. so was Bonesteel. Shredder however, is best not mentioned, but his SECOND episode was far better than the pilot outing..

anyway, back to the regular post ;o)....

And then I Saw this. The Art is good..but god...oh god my eyes ;o)
CV00aaLUsAA9s3r.jpg

Last edited:

I've seen less trash in a garbage can. I wonder if that was painful to the artists involved drawing that one...

For the most part, this can go either way. Their intentions seem to be in a good spot, they included Baxter in the first film but only in the fire flashbacks. This time round it seems like a great fanservice to include Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter, AND Krang. But that is where it can go bad, they can knock it outta the park, or back down the sewer (see what i did there :D) The rejuvenated Shredder is a nice thing too, along with the FOOT clan looking less like the SWAT clan.

The Krang ships are really the only thing bugging me, I read a theory where they all merge into the Technodrome, which makes me think of Transformers Dark of the Moon were the ships merged to the mothership, and also the part where the ships smack into buildings bring DOTM to mind.

I can look over most stuff and not scream at the screen about my childhood, I know its for a new generation, and that's how these franchises work. I can enjoy the action and have a good time, I may not agree with every single detail... NY raised teens eating PIZZA HUT out of all the joints in the city? The other thing in my mind was these are mutated genetically altered super beings that are basically human now, who were once baby turtles. All this advancement to their bodies... and Donnie has bad eyes. But other than that, I can just enjoy it without fully blindly loving it and not pitchforking it to death. If it has at least 7/10 reviews during the first month, I'll check it out.

you are far more calmer than I am ;o).

when I get attached to something, it's tough to not not take it passionately ;o). especially knowing what we COULD have gotten if someone who cared had done it right ;o).

also, based on your description, it's funny people who use the argument 'you know bay didn't direct this, right?' his fingerprints are all over it ;o).

my favorite internet comment about the trailer so far ;o) >>Ok, ghostbusters is a TOTALLY different story. It looks moronic.>>> this guy is supporting the bay turtles universe ;o)

question ive watched the trailer acouple of times. young shredder says "im looking for aaron morse" did i hear that right? when googling i cant find anything besides a artist for darkhorse comics? maybe a easter egg? did i get the name right? im trying to find out who hes looking for

i just searched if "aaron morse" is bebop and rocksteadys human names, and they aren't... no one nows who shredder is looking for?

question ive watched the trailer acouple of times. young shredder says "im looking for aaron morse" did i hear that right? when googling i cant find anything besides a artist for darkhorse comics? maybe a easter egg? did i get the name right? im trying to find out who hes looking for

Errand boys :D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back