Deadpool movie suit research thread *NEW PICS*

Re: Deadpool movie suit research thread

Definitely a 1 peice suit looks like it's pretty much all leather and is it me or does he have a zip up the back aswel as the front?
I really can decide on the mask its like a lycra leather hybrid :/

Re: Aspiring Deadpools, first image of the 2016 film costume has been released.

RR20-480x600.jpgDeadpool-georgia-viaduct.jpgIMG_20150407_000431.JPGIMG_20150407_000453.JPGIMG_20150407_000513.JPGryan-reynolds-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-on-set-30.jpgryan-reynolds-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-on-set-38.jpgryan-reynolds-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-on-set-39.jpgDeadpool-Vancouver-filming.jpgRR7.jpgScreen-Shot-2015-04-06-at-12.31.19-PM-670x520.pngCB7nEjZVIAAtjRS.jpgDeadpool-Filming-Vancouver-Viaduct.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Deadpool movie suit research thread

Definitely a 1 peice suit looks like it's pretty much all leather and is it me or does he have a zip up the back aswel as the front?
I really can decide on the mask its like a lycra leather hybrid :/

Thanks for the find! I'm re-uploading the pics:

deadpool-3d-print-files-pattern-free-ryan-reynolds-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-set-09-jpg-460940

deadpool-3d-print-files-pattern-free-ryan-reynolds-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-set-17-jpg-460941

deadpool-3d-print-files-pattern-free-ryan-reynolds-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-set-12-jpg-460942

deadpool-3d-print-files-pattern-free-ryan-reynolds-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-set-30-jpg-460943

deadpool-3d-print-files-pattern-free-ryan-reynolds-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-set-38-jpg-460944

deadpool-3d-print-files-pattern-free-ryan-reynolds-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-set-39-jpg-460945

Those are really pretty pics and we finally get some new pics from the back! I don't know about a zipper in the back but if it's leather then it's possible since leather is hard to put on. I don't know if it's all leather tho, it looks way too flexible to be leather in some parts. About the mask we basically are getting confirmation that the eyes will be CGI as you can clearly see the yellow spots. We also got pretty nice profile angles so it should be easy to start making a faceshell from that. Also did you notice the black combat gloves and the swords?

Are they the high or low version of the boot? In the 4th pic down it looks like the low version.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/sfb-field-6-boot/pid-855026/pgid-10349227

- - - Updated - - -

Any lead on the holsters? I've seen them before but I cant remember who makes them.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the web belt below the main belt. Looks like he wears two of them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019MNLD6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Yeah, I'd say the 6" version are the correct ones, judging by that pic.

The holsters were ID'd (I think) here:
http://www.therpf.com/f78/aspiring-...-costume-has-been-released-236369/index2.html

There's no need for multiple threads on this costume, but inevitably, someone always wants to be "the first" to start it up and we end up with multiple threads on the same topic. If we could get the mod to merge these two threads into one, then have the OP just keep a running list in the first post, that would help streamline the effort for those wanting the specifics of this costume.

Wes

- - - Updated - - -

Are they the high or low version of the boot? In the 4th pic down it looks like the low version.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/sfb-field-6-boot/pid-855026/pgid-10349227

- - - Updated - - -

Any lead on the holsters? I've seen them before but I cant remember who makes them.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the web belt below the main belt. Looks like he wears two of them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019MNLD6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Yeah, I'd say the 6" version are the correct ones, judging by that pic.

The holsters were ID'd (I think) here:
http://www.therpf.com/f78/aspiring-...-costume-has-been-released-236369/index2.html

There's no need for multiple threads on this costume, but inevitably, someone always wants to be "the first" to start it up and we end up with multiple threads on the same topic. If we could get the mod to merge these two threads into one, then have the OP just keep a running list in the first post, that would help streamline the effort for those wanting the specifics of this costume.

Wes

Are these not likely to be 'stunt boots' though rather then 'hero boots'?

I would say that the stunt and hero boots are the same thing, given that in the official photo of the costume, the boots appear to be Nike as well. Although, if you wanted them to stay "tucked in" the leg "armor" the 8" version would be good. I have worn Nike SFBs to work everday for the last 5 years, give or take, and they are affordable, comfortable and durable, plus, given the budget of this movie, they can by them by the truckload.

Wes

- - - Updated - - -

Are these not likely to be 'stunt boots' though rather then 'hero boots'?

I would say that the stunt and hero boots are the same thing, given that in the official photo of the costume, the boots appear to be Nike as well. Although, if you wanted them to stay "tucked in" the leg "armor" the 8" version would be good. I have worn Nike SFBs to work everday for the last 5 years, give or take, and they are affordable, comfortable and durable, plus, given the budget of this movie, they can by them by the truckload.

Wes

I'm sorry, but I disagree. I'll admit to not knowing a great deal about shoes, but the side stiching on the 'reveal' photo looks different to the nikes. At least to me it does. I'm often wrong, and will happily admit such once more 'hero suit' pics surface though :)

I see what you are saying, but Nike boots have a very distinct curve inward with the toecap. It's possible the photo could be lighting or the boot could be altered, but I still believe the boots to be Nike, even altered Nike. Like you, I could be wrong, and may very well be.

I see what you are saying, but Nike boots have a very distinct curve inward with the toecap. It's possible the photo could be lighting or the boot could be altered, but I still believe the boots to be Nike, even altered Nike. Like you, I could be wrong, and may very well be.
I don't think you're wrong tho, we often see this kind of things happen in movies, taking a shoe and modifying it to be the main shoe, from small alterations like captain america's boots to big ones like the ones Star Lord used or using just the vans soles attached to some of the TASM2 early suit pics. If you see the sole and the shoe shape and panels you can tell that it's definitely the Nike boots, maybe with some small mods but the Nike ones either way.

Last edited:
I'm a complete novice at photo editing. Plus I'm on my phone at the moment. I played with the shoe on the reveal photo, and I'm not convinced either way anymore. I've stared at it so much, my brain won't acknowledge what I'm looking at anymore! Lol
image.jpg

Given the resources available it's pretty much impossible to believe any thing they have is off the shelf AND unaltered. Nike they may be but not without a change or two.

Given the resources available it's pretty much impossible to believe any thing they have is off the shelf AND unaltered. Nike they may be but not without a change or two.

Captain America's boots in Avengers and in AOU appear to be unaltered, minus the coverings, which I don't necessarily consider covers as altered. I think it's a good possibility they could be unaltered. I'll just wait until I have more than one promo pic to draw from. As for the boots in the action pics, Nike SFB, 6 inches all the way.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back