Deadpool movie suit research thread *NEW PICS*

I work at a Design Agency and we have a customer that organizes Events. He has send us a sample for color comparing, but the material is very interesting maybe.
Its some kind of woven PVC/Fiberglas used in bouncing castles and other kids-jumping-thing. Cool thing was... even the color did match the real suit i think.
It has a real leathery look and feel.. and the texture looks quite similar to the screen used material. Its flexibel as leather only thinner. And of course not stretchy.
Heres a Pic:

IMG_6678.JPG.jpeg

back-scabbard-layer-one.jpgback-scabbard-layer-three.jpgback-scabbard-layer-four.jpgback-scabbard-layer-two.jpg here are printable templates in layers in a total height of 18cm wen layered together if you decide to cut it out of foam and glue it together and seal it with plasti-dip spray along with a paper template of your average katana length and curve made by Solvash from deviantart use the template and use it on soft piece of wood or pvc sheet to make your sword and sheath that will fit into the back scabbard seems cheaper than 3d printing it i plan to do this and show pictures soon but if you guys do it before me then please show your progressbasic_katana_template_by_solvash-d83h0up.png

- - - Updated - - -

back-scabbard-layer-one.jpgback-scabbard-layer-three.jpgback-scabbard-layer-four.jpgback-scabbard-layer-two.jpg here are printable templates in layers in a total height of 18cm wen layered together if you decide to cut it out of foam and glue it together and seal it with plasti-dip spray along with a paper template of your average katana length and curve made by Solvash from deviantart use the template and use it on soft piece of wood or pvc sheet to make your sword and sheath that will fit into the back scabbard seems cheaper than 3d printing it i plan to do this and show pictures soon but if you guys do it before me then please show your progressbasic_katana_template_by_solvash-d83h0up.png

Attachments

• back scabbard layer four.ai
    1 MB · Views: 195
  • back scabbard layer three.ai
    1 MB · Views: 193
  • back scabbard layer two.ai
    1 MB · Views: 169
  • back scabbard layer one.ai
    1 MB · Views: 200
I'm not sure if anyone is still attempting to ID/source the fabric, but I'm watching the blu-ray BTS featurettes, and they said that the fabric was a custom made stretch fabric designed to not look like stretch fabric.

So I guess if you're still trying to find it...don't bother?

I was going to post some pics, but Fett put up some good ones already.

Re: Aspiring Deadpools, first image of the 2016 film costume has been released.

Have to love it whenever someone starts off a statement with "I've got a stupid question" but I need to. Does anyone know specifically what the damage/wear and tear is on the right upper side of the chest? I'm talking about what looks like the two bullet holes. Is that actually what they are? Trying to figure out how to weather and make my suit look similar to the movie screen.

Thats what it appears to be, I know Bne1 has two holes on the top with shells in them.

https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn....=e919714d21765925f5aa57f0c5f3ae06&oe=579F7F6D
I have his suit and I don't have those holes in mine.

I guess that's his own personal suit he's modding. Sorry! As far as I can see though they look like bullet holes though. I don't know what else they could be from. I haven't received the suit yet, but he assured me that it will be here by the end of the month.

Added some improvements to suits, now they have silver chest detail and some stretch in armpit to give more mobility. (Pockets are optional)
13235961_514429508743070_1612967838_n.jpg

NiPSh1v.png It looks like the shoulder pads are sewn onto the sleeve rather than into, the chest push daggers seem to be set into the red fabric but above the black leather

Curious are you working on a new one? man I could really use a Deadpool for filming purposes right now
Not working on a new 1 as we just released a new design, but we are adding silver detail to suit with metal/aluminum components. We are now selling shin/foot guards, and have a new version of belt/pouches sets. We're also working on a metal belt buckle, gloves and sword scabbard. We're pretty much looking to provide the whole suit minus mask (but we would like to move into that area to).
(metal rivets to be added)
13256025_1132300346827998_4306394337237846893_n.jpg
Prototype belt buckle (centre to be adjusted)
13308280_1138758396182193_9062900938037630604_o.jpg

Current design (minus silver detail and with old belt/pouches set and no shin/foot guards)
12977193_1162898343741202_6691934218202784207_o.jpg

shoulder1.pngshoulder.png Hi, i've been working on my deadpool suit for some time now and i read through here for ways to make the shoulder armor but i wanted it to look round-ish as movie accurate as i can, but i don't have the resources to make a mold and cast shoulder armors, so looking through photo references i came upon the idea of using craftfoam to make the exterior out of and hard felt to make the interior out of, so it's flexible but still sturdy, and put suit-shoulder pads inside so it keeps it's shape better. So i made many versions of it and i finally got it to the best i can do with it, [this picture shows the felt interior] i know that the talented people on this forum can make better use of this info, i hope it helps someone out there, thanks [i will post more and better quality pictures later, use preferably black felt]

Last edited:
I am working on screen accurate shin/calves/boot armor and am trying to find hi-res images or good screen caps from the blu-ray for the back calves. I have good shots of the front even enough to do screen accurate weathering scratches. I am going to be be making a hard master out of thermoplastic sheets and then molding and casting these in urethane rubber. They will have the accurate curved shape for the calves. I just need at least one clear in focus shot off the back so I can get the layering detail correct. Any reference for the weathering on the ankle and foot parts would be useful as well. Thanks. I'll be posting an interest thread when I have the prototype started.

It's the exact same pattern as the "Black Widow" workout pants at Kohl's
Kohls has a line of Black Widow workout gear.jpg

Spending less than $20 for fabric always beats custom screenprinting :cool

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back