DeAgostini 1:1 Studio Scale Millenium Falcon Support Group and Info

Okay I just added and put it to the top of my Netflix queue.

Trust me bro... you'll love it... great family movie! Also of note, the late Roland Emmett did all the crazy inventions in the movie (including the mobile hair cutting booth) and they are really worth the look see itself! This is back when movie were really movies!

I have to say, LrdSatyr8; you're showing my age :p lol I saw Chitty Chitty Bang Bang when I was 5, at the movie theater when it first came out and it has been one of my favorite movies ever since. In my opinion the best Dick Van Dyke movie, EVER! I would sub to a part work of it in a heartbeat.

This probably only applies to a small group, but I read that DeAg will allow you to purchase months 4, 5, & 6 early. Read it on a Facebook group so I haven't confirmed this. I'm only on month 2 so I wonder if they'd let me get month 3 also.

I have to say, LrdSatyr8; you're showing my age :p lol I saw Chitty Chitty Bang Bang when I was 5, at the movie theater when it first came out and it has been one of my favorite movies ever since. In my opinion the best Dick Van Dyke movie, EVER! I would sub to a part work of it in a heartbeat.

of all the Iconic ships and victuals. first on my list is of course the falcon followed by slave 1 but outside star wars universe my #1 is space 1999 the eagle i wasen`t to crazy about the show but a 1 to 1 scale model from deAgo of the prop man I would be all over that but it would have to have a full interior

Just to let everyone know, I've got a printable set of stickers for the DeAgo Falcon if you want them... they are free... here's the link and what to expect in changes...

dfstickcomp.jpg

And here's the link to the printable PDF...

http://davis-works.net/NewDStickers.pdf

All I ask in return is that if you use them you take lots of pics to show them off for everyone to see... hope this helps!

I want to start a subscription here in the US...but I got all these kits from the UK, before the US was even known to make them from Deagostini...so will the US , ever let us pick up and start a prescription from a certain point like issue 20....if not then I guess , I will have to start over and order from the US.....just don't want to start over ????????

I want to start a subscription here in the US...but I got all these kits from the UK, before the US was even known to make them from Deagostini...so will the US , ever let us pick up and start a prescription from a certain point like issue 20....if not then I guess , I will have to start over and order from the US.....just don't want to start over ????????

Email them directly... their email address for customer support is on the first page of this thread... that way you'd be able to get the information directly from the horses mouth instead of second hand. Come back and let us know what you find out!

Yeah , Im not enrolled with either US or the UK , I have been getting issues from someone who gets the issues at the stores and stands in the UK....I called them and they said , no they cannot at this time start issues randomly from that point...it has to be from the absolute beginning... knuckleheads...they want to sell their product, but don't want to work with someone , I don't want to start over...I am about ready to just to say the hell with it

Yeah , Im not enrolled with either US or the UK , I have been getting issues from someone who gets the issues at the stores and stands in the UK....I called them and they said , no they cannot at this time start issues randomly from that point...it has to be from the absolute beginning... knuckleheads...they want to sell their product, but don't want to work with someone , I don't want to start over...I am about ready to just to say the hell with it

Call them again and if they say no ask for a supervisor.

So far they have been awesome. Explain what happened, ordering from UK afraid they would not release, etc.

I think it's an automatic no because people might try various scams but I bet you can get them to start where you left off.

I bet they will go for it.

Don't give up.. This thing is going to be epic and you will regret it.

Tom

Trying to wrap my head around exactly why they wouldn't want to start someone on a subscription when the customer had begun their set from a retail vendor. I can see it creating an imbalance in their stock if it happened too frequently (which it may have already.) But it seems Deg. is risking losing a customer for many years, which must certainly be more costly than having a bit of 'unmatched' issues...

There is apparently no way around this problem for Deg, (because they are obviously adjusting their production for demand & the individual 'issues' are NOT created as full sets start-to-finish) but it should have been expected this would come up and then planned for...

So I guess my point is, like Tom's advice, work until you get it across that they will be losing out overall if you decide to just as you say 'to 'ell w't 'em'. After all, it was Deg. that decided to leave the 'non-subscription' door open!

R/ Robert

What is SLA resin he keeps referring to??

Thanks

Tom

Stereolithography (SLA or SL; also known as optical fabrication, photo-solidification, solid free-form fabrication, solid imaging and Resin printing) is an additive manufacturing or 3D printing technology used for producing models, prototypes, patterns, and production parts up one layer at a time using lithographic methods.[1] For example by curing a photo-reactive resin with a UV laser or another similar power source.[2]

Thanks guys.

I wish he explained some more on the videos like how he got these SLA pats, etc.

I like the videos but I have to pause and go to Google a lot to understand what he is talking about.

Tom

Thanks guys.

I wish he explained some more on the videos like how he got these SLA pats, etc.

I like the videos but I have to pause and go to Google a lot to understand what he is talking about.

Tom
It's cause their prototype parts bro. They haven't been mass produced yet and are often made from a 3d printer first.

Thanks guys.

Tom

Look up 3D printing on Wikipedia. I think you may be surprised at how many types of 3D printing there are.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back