Slave1 V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heart in mouth time, did it work, with all the amendments to the old one now in and better shape and new armature was it all worth it ..... did it fit

The wings are borderline zero tolerance on position, which is perfect as the pulls held there shape brilliantly so can be manipulated a few mm either direction if required

the armature is flawless fits perfect, the rear support rib is an incredible fit thanks to some very nice 3D and machine work... No sagging arse for this bird

Now Ive got the test skirt trimmed to the right contours its looking so much better, this was done after these pics were took.

The wing mount, is almost like it was meant to be, again zero torrence and fits flush and neat to my built wing, what relief as this is a very difficult fix if wrong

Best of all I'll have so many Slave hulls knocking around I'm gong to make Skirt Clocks with all the left overs :).

Now I know its all spot on, the sheets been ordered and some Slave action can start asap as soon as we get the 20 or so sheets in stock to do the various thicknesses, as the former os so big I can pull each buck in every thickness so have a limitless choice on what looks best for the build. Looks like I will be creating a Slave 1 graveyard to go with the slowly building up B-wing one I already have...not a bad position to be in

FullSizeRender_zpsf6xdukyg.jpg

IMG_1712_zpshhtmqixm.jpg

FullSizeRender-1_zpsdmd1kdpc.jpg

IMG_1709_zpsrgpwifbu.jpg

IMG_1720_zpsy9tqvowb.jpg

IMG_1724_zpsqbezea2d.jpg

And thought the last one could never be bettered.....what a fool on many levels re that!!!

Cant wait to see that many Slave 1 hulls in one place at the same time, Roll on next week so the fun can truly begin :)

Cheers bud, it's going to test me o know that but that's not anything I'm not used to so am really looking forward to trying my best .

Who is it here that does custom lighting boards, I'm having a memory blank ?

Absolut stunning project!, makes my Hasbro Mod seem like a walk in the park :).
Very impressive, can't wait to see the detailing and of course the paint job.

Sadly I think it's a long way away before it gets painted, I'll get there though :)

Thanks Juilen, don't know about that but it's def one we've long waited for, you can have a bit more time to start collecting kits then you can show me what do :)

Yes, it's going to be a shame, but what has to be done has to be done;) Love that pic to death!

It's nice to finally have them in correct thickness

Seems there's some confusion re literal and irony as seems Jamie may have got confused between my referring to the pattern the vac former bed causes and him thinking I actually was going to tile my bathroom !!! Or he's completely lost his marbles , sorry marble !

He, he, he, .... must admit I thought it was a vac pull sitting on a tiled surface and wondered how you got the colours to match exactly!
Nice work on the tiles!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back