Slave1 V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see the paint master tackle this baby....... I'm talking about you Guy!!!

Cheers jim mate, its been a long time coming but slowly getting closer, Ive a deadline to get this done too so need to get cracking !!! Used to be scared of building it but think painting it is almost if not harder to nail

I can only try :)

i think we've nailed pretty much all we can, the cockpit hasn't changed as really it's just about the smallest it can be to fit the known parts in and the armature I'd made some quite big errors on before but they've been removed and updated.

The canopy shape is closer and the angle of the ship in relation to the horizontal and armature are now correct to the prop so when displayed it angles up slightly

For some reason it's a tiny bit larger but won't know if that's an error till it starts to get built, I new it can't be shorter without creating issues

We've managed to get more trimming detail into the Bucks to help with fitting the parts also, anything is a help re this

Last edited:
Thanks Niels , it's been a pleasure to iron out the flaws and work in the better armature etc, I've been lucky to have a great physicist involved from the camp over in Switzerland that make atoms dance, we can now pull this straight off the Buck in plastic via the means of heat and suction !!!
The calcs come out good and it will be white and black plastic but we had to apply the 12th root of 2 rule to make sure they didn't go wobble wobble!!

Well in theory that is!!

Still a bit to go but onky a few days now and the jelly molds will be In the fridge to set

It'll be so nice having the hulls and armature to start with, wouldn't want this to be a fruit bowl with no fruit ... That''d just be pointless, so I'm going for the double !! Kinda needs it in the long term .

I must be mad building 2 of these, has anyone got a contact for MR style cases in the uk, I think I'd have to get one for this beast with a 5 yr old running around ..

If you google around you can usually find a place that will make acrylic cases near you... they usually do not have that rolled edge that MR does but maybe that's something you can ask for... I found a place near me in about 1/2 an hour :)

Jedi Dade

Just what I was thinking; local plastics suppliers usually also have a fabrication shop in house...

R/ Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back