Slave1 V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really love the drama don't you! you just live for it.
Glad you found something to cure the boredom.
I on the other hand really couldn't give a toss!!
The people who matter know!
Like i replied to you in your email today,
Im done, all the best :)
You'll have to continue replying to your self!

Rob

Look your main premise here is that I solely worked from your dimensions that you took from photographs, Thats basically what your saying.
I never trust photo's.
Then from your on volition post a pic of my work that clearly show's me working out dimensions from modelled kit parts and adjusting parts on the armature to suite based on that! And I clearly state "Ive made my long thruster smaller in width and also the wing spar part that sits under the thruster samaller in lenght as well."
And theres hundreds more! It really beggars belief!

Thought you were done, I've not stated you didn't amend anything , far from it, doesn't change the fact that all you amended was my work not yours? I've never claimed my work to be perfect but at least it was my work, you took it to make it ...thats my point ....Without my work you were a software program and nothing else? Meant with respect as you are a hugely talented bloke but without my work there was no work

Dont trust photgraphs, You have over 600 just in Solves so its not all about Id's it all about ownership and they are mine and gladly shared them with you to help create our amazing frankenstien ....... Stop reading with anger I'm happy just protecting whats mine? You've been asked to not share my ID's and work and you still cant reply as a professional ..... I'm not here to make you look a clown you do that yourself

I have no dog in tis fight - other than I'd love a kit of the Slave -1 eventually. T
hat being said this thread is pretty toxic and this public display of dirty laundry (however it may or may not be justified) is damaging to both of your reputations.

I feel bad that things have gone South for you both... It seems that while you were working together lots of progress was made. in a perfect world you guys would negotiate something you both can live with - give credit where its due and continue building. It is my fervent hope that you guys get to that point, delete this thread and put out an awesome kit of this amazing subject.

Peace,
Jedi Dade

What a shame that I just noticed that the slave 1 model has lost some parts in the transition from France to Germany. I really hope they can look after these models better and keep on top of them.

What a shame that I just noticed that the slave 1 model has lost some parts in the transition from France to Germany. I really hope they can look after these models better and keep on top of them.
The Identities exhibition? Is the red Y-wing still missing from the lot?

When your house burns down it takes a while to build a new one, though it does bring opportunity to improve and add a pool and disco room!!! I like swimming to ABBA

When desire turns to days rather than years, months and weeks then its time to start planning the hows and how nots......

Today is about vac forming how's

And soon it will be cutting, trimming and building hows so hopefully I'll have a much better than could've ever hoped for set of parts to start building this beast very soon

The Curse has a new Mummy :)

I may be tempting fate here but, its been a long time coming and some serious talent to get it this far and so painlessly. Not long now mate, and like all good things they do come to those that wait...as you know :)

All the improvements and changes to the armature have paid off, a fresh set of eyes went a long way especially with the armature as I was so off last time on the shapes and design that its been worth the wait.

Its still scaring the life out of me the thought of building it but think the failsafes are good and the desire is stronger than ever...just need to Id a bit more (hopefully).

Nearly there, final stages being done for the bucks now, Vac Former is all set up ready to receive em and the armature I hope will be in very safe hands, so its just down to me to put it all together ...easy right!!!

Ive even taken a hiatus from work to enjoy it :)

Time to give this beast the respect it deserves for a change .... I can feel a 4th trip to see it coming on though, why is Vienna so bloody far away !!!!

Last edited:
Some recent WIP stuff......

The armature design is I believe much closer than my last effort, and the break paid off especially with the talent that helped me create this, fresh eyes are worth way more than thinking you know it all...clearly I didn't and thats the best thing about the V.4, its improved in many more ways.

The bucks have scribed lines to aid in placement and the cutting and trimming of the skins, + the vac machine is a new state of the art one and they've assured me no sag after it comes from the pull as its all to be cooled onto the buck...I have no idea but believe they know what they're talking about.

This one is also slightly longer than before

The armature allows for adjustment in all directions for the cockpit so even I make a hash of it when building then I have some wiggle room to play with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back