80s memories

I do that with my figures but with the games I'd rather try and have it complete. Not to mention it makes storing them easier. Not to mention action figures waste a ton of space with packaging.

With all the KOs and reissue stuff i long stopped collecting Transformers. Too many Bayformers stuff too. I have over 300! Have been selling off most of the vintage G1 collection and my video game collection. Am keeping my complete VECTREX collection with a once NOS Vectrex kisok store display stand but UPS messed it up. Just SOLD my whole ATARI Jaguar collection. Piecing out my ATARI 2600 and 7800 collection. Keeping the 5200 and Colecovision! I amassed over 1,000+ games with label variations. Having OCD did not help. Got me into my divorce. Purging to enjoy life with my son via cosplay :) Currently gotta sell 1 house of stuff at a time :)

@80sKIDAutoman I got out of collecting Transformers because hasbro's just going insane with releases, now i'm strictly vintage gaming. Which is worse than Transformer collecting lol Sadly I see a few things in the one pic you have that are on my want list and i can't go shopping right now lol

- - - Updated - - -

My problem i collected everything!!!!!!!!!!!! Action figures, screen used movie props and wardrobe, movie posters, stamps, vintage BMX and skateboard, japanese diecast toys, vintage electronic handheld and tabletop games, Jumbo Machinders and the list never stops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do that with my figures but with the games I'd rather try and have it complete. Not to mention it makes storing them easier. Not to mention action figures waste a ton of space with packaging.

Dude you're making me sad listing all the stuff you sold off that would have had a good home here lol. What annoys me is people selling this stuff a piece of a time where they'll break down a special edition or a complete console and sell the box and manual separately for a huge amount. I missed a like new Odyssey2 box because it was 45.00 shipped.

I had something like that Evel Knievel thing, but I don't think it was branded as him and it was probably early to mid 80s. It had the same thing where I think you turned a crank to spin it up and it would take off.

Selling my collection by the lot now. Yeah, would never piece something out like that. Gonna be selling my ATARI 2600 Heavy Sizer NMIB and others too. My NINTENDO Virtual Boy collection with the Blockbuster edition VB too. I have so much crap i have to organize and grab what is in front of me. Did not find any dead rodents though in my hoarding :) Also i have a HUGE Odyssey 2 collection too with variant units: one hard wired and one with the ATARI like connector.

Dude you're making me sad listing all the stuff you sold off that would have had a good home here lol. What annoys me is people selling this stuff a piece of a time where they'll break down a special edition or a complete console and sell the box and manual separately for a huge amount. I missed a like new Odyssey2 box because it was 45.00 shipped.

Getoninja How did you frame them? I have a complete set of the 1989 Nintendo trading cards i'd like to display like that but haven't figured it out yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had something like that Evel Knievel thing, but I don't think it was branded as him and it was probably early to mid 80s. It had the same thing where I think you turned a crank to spin it up and it would take off.

Was the wind up crank piece brown or black? I think I had the same one, just couldn't find any pics.

@Getoninja How did you frame them? I have a complete set of the 1989 Nintendo trading cards i'd like to display like that but haven't figured it out yet.

I used those 9 pocket baseball card holder sheets, I got them in the early 90s, forgot if they have specific name. But I'm sure you can still find them.
Then taped the sheets to a black poster board for the background color.
And I actually got this frame at a flea market for $5.00 and it originally had a Matrix theater poster. But I just covered the matrix poster to keeps it value, you can see a blue trim on the bottom of the frame where the black poster didn't fully cover the poster.

And you can also display the cards in landscape. Used portrayed to save wall space
Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually had them in the page holders before i put them in a box. Might have to get some more of them and a big frame. Walmart has poster frames on sale now and then as does the craft shop.

I had a Evel knockoff that had a huge cardboard jump ramp, the bike powered by an air pump that spun the rear wheel while slightly elevated, then you'd drop a lever and the bike would take off. The design was faulty in its 'detachable' front fork, and the fact that you never ever had a landing ramp so he always hit the concrete at quite a rate of descent. Once you crashed it once or twice the fork popped off every landing ...err, crashing afterwards. Unlike Evel, the rider always stayed on the bike. Mine eventually lost his head in a horrible sidewalk crash but continued his hobby jumping over various people or items until the front fork was so weakened it couldn't even launch without turning into a unicycle.

I had some of those, too! Weren't they called SSPs or something like that? Super Sonic Power? Seems like the pump was black colored maybe and the lever was red? I remember the bikes had real rubber knobby tires.

We have moved this thread to the Collectibles forum because it is filled with lots of collectible references. :):thumbsup

I had some of those, too! Weren't they called SSPs or something like that? Super Sonic Power? Seems like the pump was black colored maybe and the lever was red? I remember the bikes had real rubber knobby tires.

I'm pretty sure it was this:
image.jpeg

That moment when you're doing an inventory of your vintage stuff and they bring back memories, oddly enough a lot of my gaming stuff reminds me of my two friends we lost to cystic fibrosis.

Collect and cherish what you love for the sentimental value vs intrinsic. FYI I had a few of those MOSC Star Wars 12 back vinyl caped jaws before the ebay and repro sensation sold my last one for a tad under $1,000. Back when the Toy Shop newspaper was the go to place to buy, sell and trade :) Ahh the memories of a by gone era. I did not really care for the figure and only bought it as it was RARE. My collecting is hoarders like :) Now i can see some floor and wall space.

That moment when you're doing an inventory of your vintage stuff and they bring back memories, oddly enough a lot of my gaming stuff reminds me of my two friends we lost to cystic fibrosis.

Here's some more 80's toys I used to have... of course, I had a lot of Kenner Star Wars, GI Joes and Transformers too. But for now, I just wanted to post these 3.

e4a86f9f65fe8d46f50df272b41a2ad7.jpg

thunderliono.JPG

thundertygra.JPG

Pics found using google search.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back