80s memories

And speaking of 80's memories... how about these PC games?

the-greatest-pc-games-of-all-time-the-80s-20090205033149825.gif
Maniac Mansion

kingsquest-4.gif
Kings Quest

c01bfe37fcfd709dd98644e16f6d9f681f1da94d.jpg
Lode Runner

1986-karateka.png
Karateka

alley-cat-ss5.gif
Alley Cat

I still love playing these old games using emulators. I even wrote about retro adventure games on my blog:
https://markojuni.wordpress.com/2014/06/01/retro-adventure-games/

the-greatest-pc-games-of-all-time-the-80s-20090205033149825.gif

c01bfe37fcfd709dd98644e16f6d9f681f1da94d.jpg

1986-karateka.png

alley-cat-ss5.gif

kingsquest-4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Lord I forgot all about Alley Cat. I spent hours and hours and hours playing that.

Those Sierra games were all classics. Anything with Quest in the title was fantastic.

And speaking of 80's memories... how about these PC games?

View attachment 537761
Maniac Mansion

View attachment 537765
Kings Quest

View attachment 537762
Lode Runner

View attachment 537763
Karateka

View attachment 537764
Alley Cat

I still love playing these old games using emulators. I even wrote about retro adventure games on my blog:
https://markojuni.wordpress.com/2014/06/01/retro-adventure-games/

I didn't have a computer back then but I do have the NES versions of a few of those. Oh for you generation 1 transformers fans there's a new game out that features a bunch of the original voice actors including Bumblebee's called Transformers: Devastation. It's an over the top game like Devil May Cry (the originals) and Bayonetta. I haven't seen a full cast list but since quite a few of the actors are alive i bet they're there. I mean a bunch were in Transformers Animated too and i never realized it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking of those actually. I had the fries and one of the burgers and I think that was it. Used to eat at McDonalds alot when i was little.

Oh damn.....cant believe I ever get to see all this again....how the years go by, I remember 95 percent of every one of these items....some of the happiest times :D

I remember the Green Machine, Big wheels of all sorts , Metal Tonka Dumptruck , And those BIG HEAVY (and dangerous ) 20 pound , ( that's what they felt like)...hahaha.............. Lawn Darts...LMAO...Owwww what fun !!! Transformers were the best

Yeah I remember those lawn darts, my grandparents had them but they rarely ever got used. Those things would come in handy during the apocalypse as a weapon lol

I remember playing Xaxxon in the arcade at Chuck E. Cheese, god what i wouldn't give to have been able to get some of those old games when they traded them out lol. I'm showing my age in that my school started us on computers in the 3rd grade with C64s that had tape drives and oddly enough then in 7th grade we used them again. My school's computer classes were a joke and like most stuff there just enough to fit the requirements of the state. To get near a PC you had to either be in 10th grade for a crappy intro class or take the advanced classes. I used to have some vintage PCs around here, one was a compaq "portable" that was basically a suitcase with a keyboard and 2 5.5 floppy disc drives and i had another IBM that actually had a steel casing.
Anyone else remember the old school VCRs from the early-mid 80s that had the steel cases on them and weighed about 5 pounds? We got our first one from Sears and had nothing but issues but I remember how I looked forward to renting movies and games. I miss video stores, we have a few around but it's not the same anymore as it used to be. You'd have a local video store where they knew you and what you liked and would even hold stuff for you.

I miss video stores, we have a few around but it's not the same anymore as it used to be. You'd have a local video store where they knew you and what you liked and would even hold stuff for you.

I remember renting Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade almost every two weeks. I switched that up with Back to the Future and some cartoons.

I remember renting Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade almost every two weeks. I switched that up with Back to the Future and some cartoons.

I'm showing my age but Transformers the movie hit video stores, it didn't last long at the local theater, and I practically broke their tape watching it for the 3 days we had it and then getting it for another 3 days lol. Then my god parents got me Galvatron for christmas, which i got on new years as we used to have go over for it, and it came with a mail in card that it was like 5.99 and you got the vhs tape. It was supposed to end new years day but we sent it in anyhow and about a month later i got my very own vhs copy.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back