Sunglasses & Spectacles!

Amazing eyewear, Indy!

Very much interested in a pair of screen accurate Agent sunglasses from The Matrix. Never seen them available anywhere! The round Gaultier sunglasses from Leon/The Professional would be tight as well.
View attachment 719834
View attachment 719835

The original sunglasses for the Matrix films were created by Blinde Design in New York. After the movies they took their designs to the world, but now they no longer seem to make them. There are, however, many, many copies available on eBay...

I've never seen the sunglasses from Days of Future Past or 13 Ghosts made. Either of these would be awesome!
2001spectralviewers.jpeg

d3268db2165a39d027f2ac8dbfc5fff1.jpeg

Many versions of the Matrix sunglasses exist, sure. Nothing close to screen accurate as seen in the first film though. Heck, even the Blinde Design retail versions had a big silver logo on the earpieces. Alas.

Also all of the screen used Matrix sunglasses were frameless. Blinde released them all with frames. The shapes were all off. The closest ones they had were Morpheus, Twins, NIobe, and Trinity.

The big ones they got wrong were Neo and Agent Smith.

Re: Sunglasses & Spectacles!

Indy, do you spec these out in order to identify the originals or do you have things manufactured to match their on-screen appearance? If the latter, might you consider undertaking Walter White's impossible safety glasses (he wears them as standard wire-rimmed specs throughout the series) from Breaking Bad?

Lots of people on the Breaking Bad thread have commented that getting accurate Walter White glasses is next to impossible. I would be interested in a pair of both them and his Sunglasses too. Any plans?

Re: Sunglasses & Spectacles!

Lots of people on the Breaking Bad thread have commented that getting accurate Walter White glasses is next to impossible. I would be interested in a pair of both them and his Sunglasses too. Any plans?

We might put an interest thread up at some point to see how many people really want a pair. We've got quite a few new projects on at the moment, so I'll want to finish those up before developing another new style.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back