Atlantic City Boardwalk Con Prop Contest! May 24, 2015

MrRoboto

Hey all!

The first ever (EDIT: to my knowledge) Prop Contest is going to be happening at AC Boardwalk Con in New Jersey in May. Yes, a contest for prop makers!

I mentioned this over on the Facebook group when it was just preliminary, but now that it's official I wanted to let you guys know it's happening. We're looking to make this as amazing as possible, with the best show we can put on and the best props we can get. Check the link for some of the amazing things we're doing.

http://www.doacbc.com/happenings/prop-contest/

I owe my career to the prop making community, and I really want to give it something awesome. The idea for this contest came when my girlfriend watched me and my prop buddies stand around at Dragon*Con last year, dressed in civvies except for our one prop, and geek out over each other's props. She thought WE should have a place to show off our THINGS, the way every con has a Cosplay Contest for costumes. So this contest is for US. The RPF is home to the best of the prop making community, so I figured, "what better place to go to get the word out, and who better to give first chance at entering this crazy thing?"

We're only accepting a few dozen entries this first year, to keep things manageable. And yes, there are several hundred dollars worth of prizes set aside SO FAR (we're still working on getting more). Which is a big part of why I wanted to let The RPF know first!

If you guys have any questions that aren't addressed on the official page, I'll do my best to answer them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Atlantic City Boardwalk Con Prop Contest!

The "first ever" prop contest?

To the best of my knowledge, it's never been done. Everybody I've mentioned it to has been excited by the idea so far, and nobody's mentioned another one. The most comment when we were initially planning it was "I've always thought somebody should do that." If I'm wrong, obviously correct me! lol

Last edited:
Re: Atlantic City Boardwalk Con Prop Contest!

Wanted to give this a bump since the convention (and the contest) is one month out.

And, just to make things fun and interesting, we started the submission process over again (there was a SNAFU with the website) - so the first 25 entrants get to participate! Yaaaaaay! /slightsarcasm

Seriously though guys, if you're on the east coast, or considering attending the Con, sign up. Last I heard (unofficially) there's something like 2 grand in prizes being handed out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back