What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Re: What's on your workbench?

Had a bit of fun in the workshop over the weekend working on this 10mm SMG from Fallout New Vegas. Whoever did the design for the in game prop obviously decided to throw the kitchen sink at it, but that's part of the charm.

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 17.36.58.png

working on a 3D printed Aloy bow from horizon zero dawn.
18336753_10154714615413460_1644666035_n.jpg18555295_10154745868033460_1998331213_n.jpg

I have the whole thing modeled i just need to finish printing all the parts.

This is a big project I'm working on but we are making a display base and Hammer for Thor Mjlnor. Today we paint it to look like metal and I start building the hammer. The hammer will be folded 16gage steal. Like a pepakura but steal.
The reason for this is the hammer will attach with high power mechanical release magnets so with the push of a button we decide who is worthy.
This will be the second large display piece I have made for the Phoenix Comicon booth for the Arizona Avengers Cosplay group.
90fbfde05f38c422e52e98e995077e1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_5994.JPG

Not a lot on my work table recently so I've been messing with my face. VERY inspired by a Rick Baker piece.

With a move to LA coming up soon I had to stop paint commissions.. have one AT-ACT pilot almost finished waiting for the decal and weathering but that's it.

Wow. Everyone jokes about how they ruined the hero prop for A3 but that looks amazing. Thst makes me want to buy another snow wolf and age it in black.

I'm repainting an Airsoft .45 longslide to start off my Terminator pistol.

What I began with:
jVUtScN.jpg

I taped the holes at the end of the barrel next to the sight, and tried taping the crease on barrel, but that tape didn't keep it's shape overnight so I ditched it.
FybUMOS.jpg

Here it is with the first coat. I'm doing 2 coats each side. The orange safety tip is removable, so I took it off for the paint process
lOM5OTM.jpg

My next steps will be doing the other side, then recoloring the back sight black. and chipping the paint off the safety, and trigger to bring the natural metallic finish back out.

I'm repainting an Airsoft .45 longslide to start off my Terminator pistol.
I taped the holes at the end of the barrel next to the sight, and tried taping the crease on barrel, but that tape didn't keep it's shape overnight so I ditched it.

I would suggest you remove the tape, and fill the thin gap in the slide and the port holes with a 2 part putty that cures hard, like milliput. Something you can put a small dab of water on, and rub it level with the surface. Though you may still have to do a small bit of sanding to make it invisible. The tape stands out like a sore thumb.

Also, pick up some blue painters tape and mask the areas off you don't want paint. You don't have to chip it off. Much easier, and it looks much better.

I would suggest you remove the tape, and fill the thin gap in the slide and the port holes with a 2 part putty that cures hard, like milliput. Something you can put a small dab of water on, and rub it level with the surface. Though you may still have to do a small bit of sanding to make it invisible. The tape stands out like a sore thumb.

Also, pick up some blue painters tape and mask the areas off you don't want paint. You don't have to chip it off. Much easier, and it looks much better.
Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely try that.

@DrewSmith007

thanks a lot for sharing your pic of the anulax battery!!!! ....in the past weeks i´ve searched through the half of the internet just to find a good pic of one of those batteries

Last edited by a moderator:

No problem. I was only able to find one good image from some of the trailers on youtube. This is what I've been using for reference. The part that I'm calling the "bulb" is giving me a lot of trouble.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back