What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Re: What's on your workbench?

at this moment... blade runner blaster aluminum / steel replacement barrels.

Lets see.....Im a few issues short of starting my Deago Falcon. I have a Slave 1 missing some wings (toy conversion), Hasbro toy conversion Snowspeeder, I bought a Fettpride kit for a song here and finishing my Walmart 29' Falcon with resin parts. Oh, I finnally got some shrouds to finish off my 4th Pulse Rifle. Crap, I forgot.....I also have a Miami vice Bren Ten and an Occilatio Overthruster kit somewhere.

Currently working on a replica of the handheld GPS unit from The Lost World: Jurassic Park. This is actually my first prop replica build. It's still in the early stages, but I'm having a blast working on it.

jurassic-lost-world-movie-screencaps.com-2515.jpeg GPS2.jpg

Not just junk. For a change, I am actually building something.

These are not screen accurate because this is a $0.00 budget build and I am simply using what materials I have on hand.

Material is 16mm MDF. Details have been cut in by hand with a rotary tool.

Element Stones from The Fifth Element.
86b8410979b665062fd580a47de97590.jpg

2ba932cc78aaa696caf12abcc98f42dc.jpg

These are not screen accurate because the angle is 45/90/45 instead of 60/60/60. The MDF was part of jig I made up for cutting PVC pipe. It had been sitting in the corner of the work shop for the last 3 years and so I decided to recycle.

79254ec04099c0f66e102f34fab1f6a9.jpg

My Good Guy doll... Just bought my own Dremel to speed things up a bit. The clothes are the hardest part of the build, though. Gonna take a while before I get this done

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

A Phase II clone trooper helmet. I don't know how did the original cast, but damn, this thing is warped has a heap of surface dents from air bubbles and a heap of snot inside the mics on the front. The whole surface also appears to be crazy cracked.

So I spent a few hours today modding it.

I started by slushing some D65 inside the thing to thicken the walls.

I also mixed some cabisol in the D65 to make a putty that I could smear on the "flat spots" on the outside so I could reshape them to make them round.

I used the finest dremil bit I had to cut out the snot around the mics. They came better than I hoped :)

Some of the finer details on the greeblies have been lost during the cast, so I will have to see if I can make new versions, mold, cast then chop out the bad parts and replace them with the new parts. Will see how that pans out.

Finishing up a solos hold V2 with metal crystal chamber. Then converting a Romans graflex to ANH with another metal crystal chamber. 2 MPP 2.0's in the mail that'll get set up as static for now.

My recent one-day build.
Started with a pretty good resin cast I bought on E-Bay.
IMG_3934.PNGIMG_3935.PNG

I drilled out the "bulb" portion of the casting and inserted a real automotive bulb.

IMG_3969.JPG

Then using a mix of spray paint, acrylics and Rub N Buff to finish it. Not a bad attempt at an ANH Han version of the droid caller.

IMG_3967.JPGIMG_3968.JPGIMG_3970.JPG

Cheers
Steven

Right now I'm tinkering with three of these:

And I've made quite a bit of progress on my Fallout power armor. Here's the lower right leg:

I've also carved out the chest, thighs, lower left leg, butt, codpiece, and the arms:

To keep me busy in my free time, I finally started painting up this thing:

Which will look great once I get the red anodized look right and install this bit:

I've also started cutting and printing parts for the Ironman 2 version of War Machine. Here's the lower right leg:

On the cleaner, quieter side of my builds, I've been sculpting out the Wolf Helm of Russ, a relic from the Warhammer 40K universe:

Finally, I'm putting the last few finishing touches on some of these guys:

They tend to look pretty good once they're all assembled:

Soon I hope to be getting back to work on my Captain Phasma build as well as the Flametrooper and a couple of HALO things.

So that's a bit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back