What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Re: What's on your workbench?

Falcon Hall Light.jpg

Falcon hall light. Prepping for casting.

A new work bench
Just MDF with a timber frame that locks over the top of the folding ladder. Because I seem to have a problem of cluttered work space, having to tear down at the end of the day means I have to keep the work area clean.

And my vacuum chamber

Not sure what is going on here. I have changed the oil and completely disassembled, cleaned and reassembled the hoses and fittings.

Prior to doing this, I noticed it was not reaching the full 30 inches. Now it is, but still not degassing right.

The resin rose and fell as it should but 2min under vacuum had just foamed up and did nothing. These bubbles just were not popping.

I don't know if my pump is failing here or if there is a leak. I guess I should take it to full vacuum, lock off the chamber and see how long it stays under vacuum. If it drops off, there is a leak. As for the pump, I will take it to a place for testing.
fc648aa047876f92ec0b31b9e91be40a.jpg
0e7b89d1a4fe37ab28c1f68d5eca8774.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Are those flex shaft things really worth it on your dremel? Any loss in torque from it, or is it pretty 1:1?

I can see it being useful in hard to reach areas I guess, but I'm mainly worried about sacrificing power and honestly.. dropping the thing a lot. Any issues with them or have you two been liking having them?

The dremel on the chair ( does that count )

Oh, and Bengrim09- your Dremel gets a chair all it's own? :p

Are those flex shaft things really worth it on your dremel? Any loss in torque from it, or is it pretty 1:1?

I can see it being useful in hard to reach areas I guess, but I'm mainly worried about sacrificing power and honestly.. dropping the thing a lot. Any issues with them or have you two been liking having them?
Love it, pretty much 1.1
I can manage it and control it more with it being more lighter and smaller for the hard to reach areas but I would recommend a stand or work station for the main body, the more of a bend you have in the flexi you do tend to loose a bit of power but all in all a very nice piece of equipment to add to the dremel tool kit

IMG_4381.JPGIMG_4385.JPGIMG_4400.JPG

Figured I may as well share some cool stuff since I'm here. A few hours into this lifesize wallhanger from Black Heart Models with a few more hours to go. Worked on it a little today, blacked out the tubes and did a little work on the lower jaw but not much. Hopefully I'll pick back up on this one shortly.

IMG_4446.JPGIMG_4447.JPGIMG_4448.JPG

Also finished up this nice little Silence sculpt by our very own Sinned Awesome little piece and super fun to paint!

What is not pictured: two Joker masks I just finished today, a Star-Lord helmet I'm very close to finishing, a lifesize "damaged" Facehugger, and a soon to get here Shoretrooper helmet.
I've got a lot of crap to finish before I move!

Last edited by a moderator:

Been working on a number of things but this is what is in the bench right now.
Thor Ragnarock helmet 3d printed and a 3d printed Scrap Gun from OverWatch.

Mad Propps go out to do3d.com for the 3d file of the Thor Helmet.
Also mad Propps out to Rawrbomb on Etsy for his great model of the Scrap gun!

18525e05fd87ee674eea3b3f0309bc39.jpg
7586f530533fb1c9ecd7dd5d65e31f2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey,

Since so many people clicked the like button, I'm gonna show you guys the finished project aswell :).

cwtjoTN.jpg

tenKUCc.jpg

HCnYf4I.jpg

Took me some hours of weathering. Went for a really beat up look. I don't like clean props, this has been in combat! On to the mask/visor now!

I have a build log of this aswell. Just click my name - latest threads it should be there (I only have 3).

Btw: if anyone can tell me (or pm me) how I get links in my signature. I used to be able to do it but now I don't have the rights for tags etc. I've seen other non premium members with links in their signatures.

-Hopli-

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back