What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Re: What's on your workbench?

A Skaught IG-88 and a SGB Kashyyyk Trooper helmet
1382822_10202179622312536_1362418690_n.jpg
kashyyyk3.jpg

Working on just a face plate display with illuminated eyes. Paint is drying, next to complete the eyes and wall plate.

1384264_657750180926313_1009087233_n.jpg

Last edited:

photo.JPG

Currently I'm working on an Iron Patriot Helmet. First time I have ever done a helmet or pepakura. Liking how its turning out but have much room to improve.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 185

I spent the holiday weekend putting these mold forms together for my Borderlands 2 Kreig Buzz-axe.

20131130_200325_zps95e14e49.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Hi guys. This isn't Sci-Fi, a movie prop or a costume, but it is a project I have been working on for about 3 months as I wanted to do something completely different. I got the idea from a book loaned to me by a friend about the cartoons drawn by a British cartoonist named Rowland Emett. I liked the idea of someone buying an old excavator and turning it into a home, so I decided to build a model of it.
IMG_6429.JPG IMG_6430.JPG IMG_6448.JPG IMG_6827.JPG IMG_6234.JPG IMG_6427.JPGIMG_6345.JPG IMG_6373.JPG IMG_6384.JPG

Last edited:

I'm not nearly skilled enough to build up the kits I have to a degree that I'd be satisfied with, but the pieces I have right now that I'm wanting to get built up are these...

041D27B5-3275-48F5-B96C-EDE12A34287C.jpg

This is an old TNG Cricket Phaser I bought on fleaBay not entirely too long ago... It's an Ed Miraecki-type P1 that I'm talking to Jimmy (GeneralFROSTY) about commissioning him to build up for me. :)

IMG_2896.jpg

These two are part of the Valkyrie Line of concept props offered by Scott Nakada at XscapeProps.cpm. The Phaser (referred to as the MK.II in the literarure provided) is actually the same piece used in the web series 'Star Trek Continues,' and is definitely a cool piece for any Star Trek collector. The Communicator hasn't seen any screentime anywhere, but like the Phaser, is a very cool piece and will easily fit in with my collection. :D

Lots of irons in the fire, as usual...

First, I'm finishing up a couple of my Silver Centurion helmets. Here's the MkXXXIII:

The next one I paint will be finished up as the MkXXX "Blue Steel" version.

I've also been making progress on my "Godkiller" helmet (the one on the right):

I've also been converting an old Sgt Fang TIE Pilot helmet into and AT-AT driver:

On the subject of Star Wars, I'm also making good progress on the Sith Stalker costume:

I still have yet to mold the other armor parts:

I've also started upgrading another one of the molds for my 40K Space Marines:

I decided after I'd finished the first three that every time I make another one of these guys, I'm making some sort of upgrade. The last time I made one, I make the waist out of rubber and upgraded the vacformed shoulders to fiberglass. This time around I'm going to make the chest fiberglass as well. I'm also sculpting better hands:

The next suit is going to have a pretty sweet cloak:

And a bunch of these sorts of things:

Finally, I've finished the sculpt for the first female gnome to add to my Combat Garden Gnome lineup:

I'm sure there's more, but those are the things that come to mind off the top of my head...

Time to resurrect this thread. I've got a few things going right now. First, I'm working on a new set of Space Marine armor:

And the Mk39 "Gemini" helmet from Ironman 3:

And the police mask from Star Trek:

And a plasma pistol from Warhammer 40,000:

To go along with it, I've made a smaller-sized chainsword:

And and armored breastplate for a female Commissar build:

But the most exciting new project in my lineup is this beast:

More details on that soon.

Vut esss on my verkout bensh? Vill eet be feenished en time?flatspinners.jpgbasic.jpgblades.jpggrips.jpg DarkTime's post gave me the motivational kick in the butt.

Attack on Titan 3d gear, outta aluminum ;)

Over a month with no updates? Is nobody else making stuff? Come on, folks. What's on your workbench?

Here's a couple of my works in progress. First, the M729 Squad Automatic Weapon (aka "SAW") from Halo4:

Next, my Mk39 "Gemini" Ironman helmet prototype:

Then there's the latest suit of Space Marine armor:

Which looks good fully assembled:

Even though it's not quite done yet.

Finally, there's the ED-209 project:

You can read about that one HERE and HERE.

What's everybody else up to?

Hi guys. This isn't Sci-Fi, a movie prop or a costume, but it is a project I have been working on for about 3 months as I wanted to do something completely different. I got the idea from a book loaned to me by a friend about the cartoons drawn by a British cartoonist named Rowland Emett. I liked the idea of someone buying an old excavator and turning it into a home, so I decided to build a model of it.
View attachment 264833 View attachment 264834 View attachment 264835 View attachment 264836 View attachment 264837 View attachment 264838View attachment 264840 View attachment 264841 View attachment 264842

That's not from Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, is it?

Been working on a couple of replicas of the oriental box Gizmo came in from the first GREMLINS movie.

Reference picture.......

Mogbox01_zps6b413333.jpg

Cutting the parts.

Mogbox02_zps6da131ba.jpg

Assembling the boxes. (Next to my old prototype)

Mogbox04_zps2af86d5b.jpg

Mogbox08_zpsd5566cc6.jpg

Details carved into the frames.

Mogbox03_zpsffc20bfe.jpg

The laser cut Templates.....

Mogbox06_zps2a7c1281.jpg

More pictures coming soon. I am making three replica's and finishing my prototype at the same time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back