What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Re: What's on your workbench?

I'm working on some "fire arms" right now. Specifically some Nerf repaints inspired by a Matsuo thread from a couple months ago and a BSG sidearm I won on eBay.

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/9133/nerfpistol7fv.jpg
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2903/nerfsmg9av.jpg
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4160/bsgpistol9hw.jpg

I have several projects in the works, but they haven't gotten as far as the workbench yet.

Great projects so far guys. Keep 'em comin' :thumbsup

I think Nerf makes more money off cosplayers and prop builders than kids.

Right now I'm working on masks for my Spirit cosplay.
Still can't get the eye holes right for the shape of my brow.

IMG_20131012_214124.jpg

Early stages? Looks pretty good to me. Are you going to make a how to video or thread?

Oooh yes please, that would be awesome. PVC sabre hilts are ok for the kids, but I'd really like to have a go at making one like yours :D

Working on my first prop! BSG Colonial Revolver from the first season. Shot this right before I primed it and made a big mess when my primer didn't dry and now I have a sticky mess to clean up. Spray paint always screws me it seems... the simplest things can end up being the most difficult.

bsgRevolver_readyPrime.jpg

For the first time in a long time, I actually had some open space on my workbench:

Last week I delivered and installed a bunch of signs I made for the local hobby store:

Then over the weekend I handed off the parts for another project I've been working on. You can see more information on their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/GagetheRobotMovie?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

With those two out of the way, I've been able to get back to work on my Ironman project:

And my Silver Centurion helmet prototype:

And my Godkiller Ironman helmet:

And the mount for the War Machine minigun:

And this sexy beast:

And the Pip-Boy 3000:

And some foam rubber hammers:

And because my CNC machine isn't busy for the moment, I've started a new project...

Holy cow thorssoli! You've been a busy beaver!

I gotta say I really like those signs for the hobby shop, and that Godkiller helmet is going to be awesome!

I would say keep up the good work, but you're miles ahead of me!

Technically it's not on my workbench, but here is a CNC machine I was putting together. This was last week before I finished wiring everything and mounting the no-name dremel knockoff.
kpru.jpg
I'm wondering if I should have painted the logo orange like the ones on the computers in the first game.

Fiberglassed my first pep project. Goal is a vacufom buck and a basic vacform table is in progress because you cant have to many helmets.
IMG_0780.JPG

Current workbench is updating the display on my Thomas helmet for Halloween and fixing some problems with my selector switch.

DSC_0057.JPG
DSC_0061.JPG
DSC_0064.JPG

Both the helmet and gloves have had a fair bit of use now over the summer and need repainting but I don't have the time to strip and repaint the chrome right now (you can see that it has dulled to a silver/shiny gray now) so I'm hoping to get time to do that this winter when school slows down a little.

Looking at this thread every so often... Blown away by the workshops and setups some of you've got! Not to mention the projects going on!

Finally have something to offer this time, what my workspace looked like a couple days ago working the mold for my Borderlands psycho mask:
workspace2.jpg

And here's the progress since then:
psychosculptwip6_this_place_is_a_mess.jpg

Well, its not on my work bench yet. On the ping pong table.
Next project. Once done, moving to J Long Communicator.

P1010013.jpg

Just a pair of Wolvie claws made out of styrene for my nephew, for his upcoming costume party. Now waiting for the rain to stop so I can paint these babies.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back