Dude your work is always a jaw dropper, totally awesome

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Thanks! I did a comic Piper a number of years ago and wanted to try to come up with a new concept for him that was a little farther out of the box than the new comics. I'm trying to work up a plan for making the sonic gauntlets a la CW Flash to work into this concept, but am not that far yet.

Very Cool designs. I like the last one especially. The two blues are really nice. I love the yellow trim boots, always thought the trim should be yellow.

I know I'm writing this like a year later, but that armored batgirl is beautiful. Have you made it yet?

Did something similar to that design yea!
Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 2.44.00 PM.png

I'm currently working on a new mask and some other variation pieces, but this is my Robin
I first wore it early last year and have gone through a few different variants
11194448_1038497009495061_1929092043087232250_o.jpg DSC_0109_edit.jpg
1937222_896356453805832_6270989987841962498_n.jpg

And that's it. I'm gonna change my under-shirt(tunic and sleeves are different pieces) to a short-sleeve t-shirt, keeping the gauntlet-fingerless glove combo. I'm also gonna carry some BVS batarangs, a 3D printed Classic R Logo and I might make a new belt buckle or mask. The cape will also be worn folded back, in order to give a more imposing/heroic look.

Any tips or suggestions on what I should add?

I'm working on a TT Raven redesign project. This is actually going to be a Christmas present for my client's daughter. The cape is designed so that, when open, it will (hopefully) give a stylized representation of wings. With the suit, I really wanted to have some detail and texture since it's basically just a black leotard. So, I used a metallic black and matte black with a bit of a tech and woven pattern. The suit also has a more boxy cut at the legs rather than rising high on the hips. I think it makes the look a bit more sporty and also more demure for a younger wearer.

I'm very happy with it so far and I'll be posting a thread on it when I can sit down and write the whole thing out. :)

IMG_0561.JPGIMG_0560.JPGIMG_0559.JPG

I'm currently working on a new mask and some other variation pieces, but this is my Robin
I first wore it early last year and have gone through a few different variants
View attachment 688250 View attachment 688251
View attachment 688252

And that's it. I'm gonna change my under-shirt(tunic and sleeves are different pieces) to a short-sleeve t-shirt, keeping the gauntlet-fingerless glove combo. I'm also gonna carry some BVS batarangs, a 3D printed Classic R Logo and I might make a new belt buckle or mask. The cape will also be worn folded back, in order to give a more imposing/heroic look.

Any tips or suggestions on what I should add?

Hi Liberated! Awesome Robin design. I think the additions you are planning would be good finishing touches for sure. Maybe adding shin guards to go with the gauntlets would help tie the whole thing together, and I think for a cool prop and some awesome pics adding a grapple gun could be cool. Can't wait to see the finished product!

I'm working on a TT Raven redesign project. This is actually going to be a Christmas present for my client's daughter. The cape is designed so that, when open, it will (hopefully) give a stylized representation of wings. With the suit, I really wanted to have some detail and texture since it's basically just a black leotard. So, I used a metallic black and matte black with a bit of a tech and woven pattern. The suit also has a more boxy cut at the legs rather than rising high on the hips. I think it makes the look a bit more sporty and also more demure for a younger wearer.

I'm very happy with it so far and I'll be posting a thread on it when I can sit down and write the whole thing out. :)

View attachment 688392View attachment 688391View attachment 688390

Awesome as always SMP. I love that cape! And the suit is really cool too. Please leave a link when you make the thread. Happy building!

Here is my concept for Supergirl. I usually sketch Batman variations, but the Supergirl TV Show inspired me to do some sketching. I didn't want to change the design drastically because I still wanted it to obviously be Supergirl.I liked the idea so I painted "concept art". Here it is...

Supergirl Concept Art Post.jpg

I really don’t mind reviving this thread, maybe we can build more interest in redesigning costumes.

In that same spirit, here is a new Robin design I’ve been working on. I love the whole aesthetic of the Arkham games - there’s something about the grittier, utilitarian appearance of Batman’s suits that I really like - so I tried to capture that here and translate it onto Robin.

I combined elements from the Dark Knight batsuit, the Arkham Origins batsuit and Robin’s Arkham City outfit - with an emphasis on armour but with plenty of buckles/elastic straps to add to the utilitarian look and maximise mobility (both in terms of the in-universe character and wearing the costume at cons.) After all, Robin relies more on his agility and athleticism than Batman.
a941804a871db72015244dcc01d6a933.jpg

I already bought a red compression shirt to use as the under layer; I then plan to use cargo pants and build all the armour layers using foam.

Last edited:
31149983_2103514789676973_4779425635460186112_n(1).jpg

I like the two-tone look from Earth One and Smallville Season 11, but having a belt on what is, essentially, a one piece doesn't make sense. I like the red seams, they add a little color as does the yellow on the boot tops.

ps I have always hated the trunks, even when I was a kid, I thought they looked silly, and I've been a superman fan for over 30 years.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back