I sometimes wonder why KK was chosen to run lucasfilm at all.

she wasn't really a big name before all this sale stuff went down, and i never really heard of her.
doesn't seem to have any creative talent besides possibly getting the job completed.
something tells me she isn't so concerned about protecting lucas vision as she is about getting herself ahead in the world.

she wasn't really a big name before all this sale stuff went down, and i never really heard of her.
doesn't seem to have any creative talent besides possibly getting the job completed.
something tells me she isn't so concerned about protecting lucas vision as she is about getting herself ahead in the world.
Welcome to corporate America

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

She has been a producer on some of the most successful films over the last 30 years. She may not have been a creative type, writer, director, etc... But I think she is more than qualified for the job.

Oh, she was always there Krang. One quick search on imdb.com and this is what you get.

kennedy_zpseyebl21a.png

Beyond liscense get issues, I suggested a while ago along with others that LF may not be inclined to issue the OOT out of respect for GL's creative decisions with the SE. Sounds like KK shares that sentiment.

http://movieweb.com/star-wars-classic-trilogy-disney-wont-alter-restore/

It may be a while before it ever happens, but the she pulled a "Lucas' in her statement. She said "she (I) will never touch those."

When she is no longer running Lucasfilm, someone else could do it. Just like George said he was done making Star Wars films. He may be done, but it doesn't mean someone else make them.

It may be a while before it ever happens, but the she pulled a "Lucas' in her statement. She said "she (I) will never touch those."

When she is no longer running Lucasfilm, someone else could do it. Just like George said he was done making Star Wars films. He may be done, but it doesn't mean someone else make them.

Well, I think she also speaks for the culture at LF, I don't think honoring GL's creative choices is ever something that will go away regardless of who is running the company with his name on it.

Aren't producers just mostly money providers though, or managers?

Michael Bay is a producer on some 'successful' films too ;o)
Some producers are producers in name only. Slap their name on the movie, collect a big paycheck. Other producers bust their ass and get the film made/held together.

I hope those silver screen guys are still in the background too as their 1080p verion was nice and they had started a 4K too.

Aren't producers just mostly money providers though, or managers?

Michael Bay is a producer on some 'successful' films too ;o)
Nah man KK is a big shot, and does her job well. Like someone said, she has been top brass for the last 30 years on amazing movies. The role of producer is the one that gets the crew together, and have a lot of clout. Typically the executive producer is the one thats a liason for the studio, and deals with money stuff. Kathleen Kennedy is a titan of the industry.

I've read some pretty damn idiotic comments here but nothing as deeply moronic as this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Kennedy_(producer)

She doesn't need to get ahead in the movie world. Kathleen's been responsible for getting most of the best movies ever made into cinema.

Yeah, Kathleen Kennedy's CV is pretty damn impressive. Once again, ill considered and innacurate criticism from someone likely unqualified to comment.
What? I didnt get that last part.

- - - Updated - - -

I've read some pretty damn idiotic comments here but nothing as deeply moronic as this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Kennedy_(producer)

She doesn't need to get ahead in the movie world. Kathleen's been responsible for getting most of the best movies ever made into cinema.
Holy **** I didnt know she was married to Frank Marshall! AND she graduated from SDSU!!! HA! I didnt know that either! Thanks for the link.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back