I mean, does Disney "have plans" to distribute this? Yeah, probably. Is it going to happen any time soon? Eh, I kinda doubt it. They might surprise us, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that "archival copy" of the OOT.

This was from back in August. I saw Sideshow had it on their Facebook page today. Must have been a slow news day.

It would be cool if this, but I also hope that it's not too unaltered. By that I mean I hope that it has been re-mastered with cleaned up effects and the like but no edits and added/changed scenes.

Please, man in the sky. I don't ask for much, but I need you to make this happen.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I will literally, no exaggeration, burst into tears if the OOT on BR is ever confirmed. Doesn't sound like this is what I've been waiting for though :/

I've already got the original theatrical versions including Star Wars pre-Chapter 4 crawl. Doesn't really matter if they put it out or not, I'd be getting nothing new except a potentially better quality copy.

Been talked about and hoped for since George handed the reigns over to the Mouse.

Disney will do it just a matter of when

After seeing how picky Harmy team got (watch the vids on Youtube) there is no way they will put that kind of energy into the releases. Purists will still be angry.

Me, happier than a **** in **** doing ****************************************************

(I just add asterisks on my own now)

I would like it if it's been cleaned up. I can't believe that they would go through the trouble of restoring the film and not saving a copy before adding the SE stuff.

Fox owns ESB and ROTJ until 2020. But they own ANH forever. So unless Disney is doing a deal with Fox, this is a hoax. This is the third time I've seen this same story pop up.

I can't see why Fox WOULDN'T collaborate if there's money to be made. I was under the impression that it was GL's stubborn insistence that the good versions of his movies never see a quality release that was the hold up.

This is a repost. Discussion should go in the proper thread.

The article cited in the first post is seven months old - still nothing. Even better, article mentioned in the original (and much more extensive) thread had links to announcments that 4K versions of the original trilogy are confirmed for the first half of 2015 (they've since amended it to the last half of 2015 -- so there is still hope until it's changed again to 2016, lol).

I can't see why Fox WOULDN'T collaborate if there's money to be made. I was under the impression that it was GL's stubborn insistence that the good versions of his movies never see a quality release that was the hold up.

Agreed, it makes no sense for Fox to sit on things that they aren't making any money on when they have an opportunity to put it out there and make a profit. Then again, there are a lot of things out there that make no sense.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back