Aries 1B studio model found intact

Same here, the Academy got a bargain and I'm glad they did.

Thanks for all the pics gene! :thumbsup

I honestly thought it would go for more. Edmund sold a TIE Fighter for $350K. The 6' Enterprise D from Next Gen/Generations went for $500K.

Thanks David3 for that vid copy and great Cinefex article Gene. Glad to see it's going to a good home and thrilled to see that all the great model makers in the industry were there to witness the return of one of the holy grail of that great movie.

Sorry, just started a new gig and the month of April has me slammed. I can report that the Aries has been picked up, but we were unable to see the bottom of it prior to that. Sorry.......

Oh well, not your fault Gene...maybe the Museum will have some kind of pics when they'll restore the beast:unsure

I don't know Gene, but I'm very grateful for the time he was able to spend with the Aries model and his generous offer to provide photos to this forum. I wish I could have been there myself, but I live too far away. I'm looking forward to the day when he can post more photos, but I understand that he's a busy person (I know I am), and frankly owes me (and everyone else here) nothing. I think everyone should keep this in mind when posting. Just sayin :)

When someone says they will do something then they should do it. If they can not get to it right away at least keep us posted that they will follow through. I don't think it is out of line to be open and honest about how I feel and the information would greatly be appreciated. If you change your mind about something then be honest and open about it there is no harm in that and I can respect that. The information is a great resource of information and pretty exclusive for anyone's private reference.Just sayin :)

When someone says they will do something then they should do it. If they can not get to it right away at least keep us posted that they will follow through. I don't think it is out of line to be open and honest about how I feel and the information would greatly be appreciated. If you change your mind about something then be honest and open about it there is no harm in that and I can respect that. The information is a great resource of information and pretty exclusive for anyone's private reference.Just sayin :)

Wow, this is exactly the kind of self-entitlement to other folks' time and attention that would make anybody think twice about sharing anything here at all.

Wow personal attacks on me for being open and honest. Also I am grateful for what has been given and was looking forward for more that was stated earlier in the thread would be done. That's all nothing more. There is no cause for personal attacks on me.

We're all looking forward to more! I'm as excited as the next person, and I understand how that kind of enthusiasm can sometimes come off in the wrong way. Let's all move on now....

Sorry guys, but between a new show, (ie:work) getting some material wrangled for the Ralph McQuarrie show, Star Wars Celebration, and a series of screenings here in LA that I'm moderating, and people coming in from out of town, April has me slammed. So, hang in there - I will post more. Just not now......

Gene

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back