The Grand Budapest Hotel Props

A few exemples of vintage hotel luggage stickers:

Simple:

sticker3.jpg sticker1.jpg sticker2.jpg

Not so simple:

sticker6.jpg sticker7.jpg sticker5.jpg

Thanks Emma.
So I got the embroidered today and am not happy with it (I decided to still go on with the project but I'll keep looking for another place where to get a new embroidered)
The fabric is now glued to the cardboard (at this stage looks more like a drum than a hat...)

15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg

18.jpg 19.jpg

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 72
Been looking to start a Grand Budapest Hotel ashtray as seen for half a second in the Lobby Boy montage.

GBH_ashtray.jpg

I'm having trouble locating any sort of suitable starting point- an octagonal, white, ceramic (or plastic), ashtray with two cigarette holders. I've spent a couple long nights searching for both mass-produced ashtrays as well as vintage options, but I can't find anything close. Perhaps I'm using the wrong search terms? Maybe I'm trying too hard to think like a set dresser- it's either a unique item used in one shot, or they had to make a hundred for every table in those lobby scenes.

Been looking to start a Grand Budapest Hotel ashtray as seen for half a second in the Lobby Boy montage.

View attachment 475483

I'm having trouble locating any sort of suitable starting point- an octagonal, white, ceramic (or plastic), ashtray with two cigarette holders. I've spent a couple long nights searching for both mass-produced ashtrays as well as vintage options, but I can't find anything close. Perhaps I'm using the wrong search terms? Maybe I'm trying too hard to think like a set dresser- it's either a unique item used in one shot, or they had to make a hundred for every table in those lobby scenes.

see item 201343433207

on ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think its close enough, the one in the movie looks like the radius's within the shape are a bit tighter. I mean you can just cast that one a make replica ones.
good luck.

Nice one Emma!

Thanks! I am really happy how it turned out! I've also been working on a functional box, but just realized I made it too small for my courtesan, so might have to make another one haha, I figured out the ribbon attachment too.

DSC_0419.jpg

I also wanted your advice on something; a friend stitched by hand the Lobby Boy lettering for my hat, I actually quite like the hand generated aspect of it, but it's quite far off when compared to the screen accurate one, so I was wondering if I should finish that hat or maybe try to ask someone else to make it with a machine instead?

DSC_0633.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back