Global Effects yard sale - 04/15/2015

All lots are now open for bidding. No reserves, all lots start at $1. Bidding on lots close on April 15th
We need to make room for our bigger and better Rental Department, so we don't want to put any of this stuff back.
You can start bidding anytime and all lots stay open till April 15th, then they start to close. If bidding is still active on a lot, it stays open until the bidding stops, so don't try to snipe, because the clock will keep ticking.
If you are nearby, previews will be April 11th and April 14th, (7115 Laurel Canyon Blvd. North Hollywood CA)
We will be giving a limited number of shop tours as well, both days.
Some highlights: (Of mainly our screen used stuff) all lots can be bid on here: http://www.rlspear.com/auction_detail.php?id=255438

Helmet prototype for "300" - used in "Meet the Spartans"
View attachment 460392
Spacesuit costume from "The Core"
View attachment 460393
Table from "The Santa Claus"
View attachment 460394
Kurt Russell's Uniform Jacket from "Soldier"
View attachment 460395
Gary Oldman Dracula Figure kit with costume finger tips from original costume as color reference
View attachment 460396
Helmet from "Snoop Dog" music video
View attachment 460397
Helmet used in "Ghosts of Mars"
View attachment 460399
Helmet from "Pluto Nash" (Picture was taken before we found the visor) Visor included
View attachment 460400
Mr. and Mrs. Smith rubber armor piece - thigh - Brad Pitt
View attachment 460401
Mr. and Mrs. Smith rubber armor piece - shoulder - Angelina Jolie
View attachment 460403
Armageddon spacesuit batteries - 2 - Lot
View attachment 460402
Armageddon spacesuit chest controls
View attachment 460408
Armageddon spacesuit neck rings front and back (set)
View attachment 460409
Armageddon spacesuit vest chest piece - Harry (Bruce Willis)
View attachment 460411
Fantastic Four Ben Grimm screen used spacesuit sleeves - shoulder and lower (2 piece set)
View attachment 460412
Plastic helmets unfinished/damaged made for "Meet the Spartans" - Prototype for "300"
View attachment 460413
Apollo spacesuit undergarment screen used "Apollo 18" by Lloyd Owen
View attachment 460414
2001 Movie space suit replica blue (Made for IBM - This was patterned of an original 2001 suit)
View attachment 460415

Some very cool stuff in there. I may be missing something simple but is there some place that estimates shipping? Some of these items appear to need freight or other possibly expensive shipping options and I wondered if there was some where to try and factor that in. Thanks!

Agreed. I was really hoping to snag the ice pirate robot but it is already headed out of my price range ... perhaps I can get a head ...... That dolphin actually looks really good as well. The little picture didn't do it justice. It seems to have stood the test of time well.

No word on a local store for shipping. But send me a note if there is something you want, and we will determine if we can ship it to you. As for Pick up: if you need to pick items up the Saturday after the auction, we may be able to make arrangements. Again, PM me for with your specific need.
Here is the direct link to the auction lots, just in case you haven't found them.
http://server2.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi…
Remember, we have a Preview of all lots, at our shop This Saturday from 9am to 4pm and again on Tuesday the 14th, from 8am to 5pm. All lots start to close Monday April 15th.
The shop is near the corner of Laurel Canyon and Sherman Way. The shop is at 7115 Laurel Canyon Blvd.
There is a big parking lot in back (look for the sign for "Auction")

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill take the plastic tarp, machete, turkey baster and foam coffin......with no questions asked. Ill also take the Young Frankenstein DVD as long as its been re-winded.

Preview day tomorrow April 14th, lots start to close Wednesday afternoon. As for shipping, if the item sells for more than $40 and is not bigger than 18" x 18", we can box it and ship it for you for whatever the actual shipping cost ( prepaid) plus a $10.00 packaging/ handling fee.
I'm a bit surprised there are no bids on most of the Armageddon spacesuit parts.

That ID4 ship mold would be interesting but:
1. I didn't see it listed so I don't know if it is the complete mold.
2. Shipping would be $$$$

So, I'm sorry to ask this on a more public forum but is there any chance of getting help with a UPS claim? I have emailed the proved contact twice and gotten no response and private messaged on here again with no response. I won two items from the auction and while you were nice enough to ship them they arrived with minor damage to one and the other completely destroyed. I went through the ups site and it refused my claim telling me to contact the shipper. After shipping it was not a cheep purchase and if you can help me to recoup any of my damages that would be great. I included pictures in my earlier mentioned emails but can still provide those if requested. I've been trying for almost 3 weeks and this is my last option. Thank you.

6/15: Still have not heard back from emails, private messages, or post. I guess that means that is that. I hope those that could go and pick up they items had a better experience than I did. Some really cool items got grabbed up. Would love to see some pics! Especially form who ever got the dolphin!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back