Global Effects yard sale - 04/15/2015

lmgill

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm not sure if this belongs here or not. But Global Effects Inc. (30 years in the prop, costume & makeup business) is having a first ever yard sale at the beginning of April through R.L. Spear auction service. (specific date not set yet)
It will be a mix of old film prop & costume pieces, vacuum-formed pieces, spacesuit visors, tools, equipment, shop supplies, ect..
Stuff from Armageddon, Meet the Spartans/ 300, 13th Warrior, Zathura, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Pluto Nash, plus others.

Last edited:
Re: Global Effects yard sale

The auction is not yet listed. It will be listed on the R.L. Spear site. It will be the beginning of April and will list as the "Global Effects" prop/ equipment auction. It will be an on site AND an Online auction.
BTW: We just found some Armageddon suit parts and some special FX lighting stuff from Dr. Manhattan from The Watchmen,
and.....we found some robot costumes from...."Ice Pirates".

So this is going to be an auction, not a yard sale? Or will there be both? Higher priced stuff at auction and small junk for sale?

Did they build a Cylon pilot armor for the ''never'' made DeSanto/Singer Battlestar Galactia Pilot?
But i think the armor was not finished ?

Risu, it is an auction, for all items online and on site.
HerbertHHiebert, yes. The Cylon is hanging on our wall, waiting to be finished....

The auction is not yet listed. It will be listed on the R.L. Spear site. It will be the beginning of April and will list as the "Global Effects" prop/ equipment auction. It will be an on site AND an Online auction.
BTW: We just found some Armageddon suit parts and some special FX lighting stuff from Dr. Manhattan from The Watchmen,
and.....we found some robot costumes from...."Ice Pirates".

Would those be the full suits for the robots they had one the ship? don't spose you have the black one (cause y'know, I want the perfect one*) ? I will have to keep an eye on this. I'm 99.9 percent sure the price will start out of my do ability but I would be ecstatic to have one of the ship robots from IP.

"Jason: [looking at the robot that Roscoe has built] Why'd you make him black?Roscoe: [smiling] Because I wanted him to be perfect."

Last edited by a moderator:

The date for the auction is set for April 15th.
The individual lot images of whats for sale should be uploaded by the end of March on www.rlspear.com
There will be some movie prop and costume bits. Mostly extra pieces, however some are "screen used".
Items from such films as: Armageddon, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Watchmen, Virtuosity, Outbreak, Star Trek, Ghosts of Mars, Minority Report, Fantastic Four and more
Household good (Many old props from the Prop house "Ellis Mercantile" like: Stoves, wine glasses, coffee mugs an sets, tea cup sets, electronics....
Also vacuum formed pieces from various projects which could be used for cosplay, convention, costume bits & robots, Sci-Fi suits.
Spacesuit visors, tools, Vacuum-form machines (2), materials, electronic components, fabric, felt, furniture, a little bit of everything....(sorry, no kitchen sink)
Here are a couple of photos of what we have out so far. Keep in mind, there are not many complete full costumes and props. This is a bit & pieces auction, but there are still some cool things.
Some notable examples in the photos: Yellow & grey coolsuit systems and shipping cases, some working, some for parts (digital temp gauges, power supplies, heat exchangers, fittings), green robot body from "Big Brother" "Zingbot 2000" laser discs and player, tables from "The Santa Clause", foam hats from Star Wars Taco bell commercial (about 20 years ago kids...) Ice Pirate robot bodies, heads and feet, Armageddon vest and helmet pieces, Body armour pieces from Mr. & Mrs. Smith as well as Virtuosity. Outbreak helmet pieces (screen used) Ghost of Mars helmet (screen used) Coolio video helmet (SU). Minority report helmet, Sleeves from Ben Grims spacesuit (2 sets, screen used) Test bowling balls for Mystery Men, Spacesuit visors.... Plus tons of Vacuformed pieces from lots of different projects.

IMG_6695.JPG

IMG_6694.JPG

IMG_6693.JPG

auction6693.jpg

auction6694.jpg

Auction6695.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Any chance there are parts for a Star Trek Enterprise Phase Pistol and/or EM-33 holster?

Any chance the bidding on the ice pirate bot's will start at like 50$? ;) Looks like there are 2, or nearly 2 complete in the pictures. They're in rough shape but would still be cool to have one. Hope I can at least nab a head.

We don't want to move any of this stuff again, so as they say "All things must go!" Everything will start at very low amounts.
We just found a brand new 24" piece of acrylic pipe in a crate. Current value is $665.00 per foot, this piece is 8 ft tall. It will start at $500.
Also found, Kurt Russell's camo army shirt from "Soldier". Plus a bunch of prototype "300" Armour, some of it used in "Meet the Spartans".
There will also be molds for sale. Some of the molds so far, suit gloves from "the Rock", alien head, robot elbow & knee rubber boot molds from the "BeverlyHills Cop III" "Cylon" like robots.
Not done yet, we will keep digging.

Some highlights of what we have so far:
2 Futaba transmitters modified for 9.6 V Makita batteries
auction (3).jpg
Original NBC on air Peacock
auction (4).jpg
Kurt Russell's "Solider" uniform top
IMG_6701.JPG
Helmets from "Minority Report", "Ghosts of Mars" Coolio video
auction (6).jpg
"Ice Pirates" robots
auction (7).jpgauction (8).jpg
"Masked Magician" mask (Used)
auction (18).jpg
Spacesuits and spacesuit visors
auction (25).jpgauction (15).jpg
"Bowfinger" MindHead sign from film (lights up)
auction (27).jpg
Molds: from, Mercury Capsule, Independence day ship, Power Rangers, Mars Attacks, Beverly Hills Cop III, Skeleton, Hovercraft, Ford Contour, many more
auction (29).jpgauction (30).jpgauction (34).jpg
Armageddon Spacesuit pieces plus "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" armour bits
auction (55).jpgauction (56).jpg
Vacuumform machines
auction (33).jpg
Ben Grimm's "Fantastic Four" damaged spacesuit sleeves
IMG_6757.JPG

Plus tons of other stuff we don't want to store anymore.
Hardware, nuts & bolts, Hydraulic pumps, batteries, electronic components, stereo equipment, Coolsuit units, tools, furniture,

Please help us get rid of it.

You have got some cool stuff but I just went on the R.L. Spear auction site, impossible to navigate, no way to search for a specific auction, who has the time to search 20 pages of stuff. Good luck though.

The only auctions that are live, are the ones on the first page. They are in chronological order so the older, completed auctions are on the other pages. Our auction is not listed yet, but should be by the beginning of April. But, no sweat,you sound like a busy man.
You have got some cool stuff but I just went on the R.L. Spear auction site, impossible to navigate, no way to search for a specific auction, who has the time to search 20 pages of stuff. Good luck though.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back