Screen accurate complete Lawgiver files now online

CustomCreations

Sr Member
HI,
Hope this is ok to post here. Please moderate if not.

Planet Replicas Ltd have just released the complete digital .stl files of a screen accurate Movie lawgiver.

These have direct lineage back to the original prop builder, and replicate the original build methods.

the files can be downloaded for a small fee directly, once registered on their site, which is here :

http://www.planetreplicas.com/

Regards,

CC

....Maybe to support the license of a franchise that we all love?

Not to mention, for those that are interested in movie history :- these are actual STL files from the 2012 production.
The free ones are fan made and are an 'approximation' of the prop.

More often than not, fan made is as good or better than licensed....can you say...rubies:lol

People usually either build of buy.....plans for building can be rewarding or not.

I stand by what I said...there are better files that are free online...the best ones are hard to find...but free none the less.

I got these, and the free ones, there isn't much to choose between them. Although uploading them for quotes has proved difficult I'm getting the odd error message on a couple of them.

Anyone got a reasonable priced 3D printing company they use?

....Maybe to support the license of a franchise that we all love?

Not to mention, for those that are interested in movie history :- these are actual STL files from the 2012 production.

They don't actually hold the rights to the movie merchandising, only the comic stuff. They're also not from files used in nhe movie production, but from a 3D model used in the extras disc of the DVD. Due to this, it's not totally accurate and is missing the front magazine release switch. It's also a iffy model to print, with the rear shroud being so thin it has a tendancy to snap.

If your a proper stickler for accuracy, wait a bit for Lee Fields to release his version wade from the production moulds ;)

FYI almost identical files........just incase anyone was interested...
https://www.idmimagineering.co.uk/

Similar, but there are a lot of differences, particularly around the rear of the receiver; which only the Planet Replicas version has got correct, to date.

Depends on what you want from your prop. Although the Planet Replicas may be more accurate in terms of detailing, it is likely to be rather fragile for cosplay duties.

Last edited:
I had been eye-balling this since I learned of the Planet Replicas files to 3D print, but didn't pay much attention - until I got a 3D printer! :)

I revisited this recently and wondered about printing the Glock. I looked around and found what has to be a production 3D file of a Glock, It has every single part. Whoever made that available and by chance you visit the RPF, my sincere thanks!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back