drumguy560

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Attachments

• render.jpg
    render.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 5,483
Last edited:
Re: Iron Man MK 1.5/ Flight Test 2.0/Mech Test 2 week speed build, 3D Printed

Awesome model! I cant wait to be able to print these once you release them. A cosplay that doesnt feel like a ton of bricks!

Looks fantastic! What a great idea. What printer are you running?

Gordon Gekko - I use a reprappro prusa mendel i2. Really not the top of the line haha, but I've upgraded the snot out of it, and now it prints quite well!

Last edited by a moderator:

Awesome stuff! Are you confident you can walk around in that boot with out damaging it?

MorbidCharlie - I am "semi" confident haha. I won't really know until I actually suit up in them and walk around. I am going to be putting in a foam insole, which should help distribute some of the weight on the boot, but the way that it's printed and held together, it should hold up fine!

Finished one shoe!

But......

When i started the shin print, I saw a spark from my thermistor, and then my temperature readings stopped......

I have a spare pack of thermistors I'll try to get installed tomorrow so I can get back printing on this thing again.

IMG_5691.JPG

I've always liked the mech tech armor, great job so far! I can't wait to see more

I love this build and I'm really glad to hear you'll be releasing your 3D models!

Are you making the arm parts as well, or just the boots? It would be awesome to see high detail arm parts made available!

Finished one shoe!

But......

When i started the shin print, I saw a spark from my thermistor, and then my temperature readings stopped......

I have a spare pack of thermistors I'll try to get installed tomorrow so I can get back printing on this thing again.

View attachment 446723

Yeah, I'm having thermistors go after several long prints, too. Finding that keeping extras is a critical!

msleeper - I am doing the arms as well! and the arc reactor harness. I want this build to be everything except for the cloth parts.

Nice prints! Where did you buy your printer, and how much did it cost? What upgrades did you do to it?

Bogleo - I traded a guy on craigslist for my printer, I traded him straight across for a desktop computer. I've upgraded the hotend to an e3d (best decision anyone can make), upgraded the z stage to lm8uu bearings, upgraded the z couplers, switched to an aluminum bed, changed the filament fan for a centrifugal fan, upgraded the stepper motors to .9 degree motors, upgraded the electronics to ramps 1.4, and upgraded the stepper drivers to DRV9225 drivers with 1/32 microstepping.

Got the printer running again with a temporary thermistor setup! Printing the shin now, should be done in the morning!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back