R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy

kirk_spock_pigtails.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Massive_KirkSpock.jpg

I lost my father to COPD when I was 11. He went exactly the same way. That's how I knew last week, when I heard Nimoy was admitted for severe chest pains (the result of congestive heart failure caused by the COPD), that the end was near. When I saw his last tweet, I knew it would be very soon. And still I wasn't prepared for the news.

I struggled with smoking my entire life, quitting, restarting, on and on, for decades. Then Nimoy announced he had COPD, and within a few months I was able to quit. At Shore Leave last August, when he appeared via Skype, I had the opportunity to thank him, and I will never forget it. He wished me success and commitment, and made it so much easier to remain smoke-free today.

To me, he wasn't just Spock. He was and always will be the man who saved me from smoking. The man who saved my life. God bless him.

Such a sad day, though given his recent health issues I guess it was to be expected.

Live long and prosper, Mr. Nimoy. You're with the "Great Bird of the Galaxy" now :(

Terrible news :(I'm admittedly not much of a Star Trek fan (although I did enjoy the new movies, possibly because I never really watched what came before), but I loved him as Dr. William Bell in Fringe, so I am very sad to hear that he has passed away. My deepest sympathies go out to his family.

As a side note, this does make me quite relieved that I quit smoking 411 days ago, thanks to vaping ("e-cigarettes").

Not to capitalize on this or cast a bad light, but if they did an episode of The Big Bang Theory where they showed Sheldon's reaction to Nimoy's death, it would be a completely bittersweet and an utterly tear-jerking episode. :cry

I was going to say the same thing.. Spock is Sheldon's idol, so as a tribute, they should have an episode where Sheldon reacts to Leonard Nimoy's death.. Would definitely be a bittersweet and an utterly tear-jerking episode..

Rest In Peace Mr. Spock. :( I was just watching Fringe, he made another great role there. He will be dearly missed:cry

ttrer.jpg

Saw his tweet a few days ago and was hoping it was not a prelude to this.
A great person who made a great positive impact on this world.
Rest in Peace Mr. Nimoy.

The world lost a great one, human being, actor, activist and least but not last a great Vulcan. My condolences to his family and friends:cry

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back