35 years and I'm still seeing new stuff in Star Wars

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
First off, I wasn't born yesterday. Yes I know Lucas and company reused a ton of props, costumes and set pieces all over Star Wars. This isn't new to me.

I was surprised that after 35+ years of watching I never noticed this before.

In the Rebel Base Comand Center on the Yavin moon there is a reused piece of the Death Star set. It's hard to see in my pics because I was too lazy to screen cap this the right ways, but watch the scene and you'll see it in the background of the 'Enemy Fighters heading your way' shot.

32446697032409-vi.jpg

I'm always so amazed when I see something I've never seen before in a movie I've watched thousands of times over 35 years.

On the Death Star R2 plugs into it, so it makes sense that it's a computer mainframe, the red and black part similar to the 'eye' of the HAL9000. In universe I can easily see that the Rebels 'acquired' a computer from an Imperial installation. Or it's I a popular computer system made by a third party, available to anyone.

Still, mind blown.

I absolutely love watching ANH and just completely ignoring everything that is supposed to be forefront and attention grabbing. Ignore all of it and do nothing but look at the backgrounds--amazing what stuff you will see!

...In the Rebel Base Comand Center on the Yavin moon there is a reused piece of the Death Star set. It's hard to see in my pics because I was too lazy to screen cap this the right ways, but watch the scene and you'll see it in the background of the 'Enemy Fighters heading your way' shot.

http://images51.fotki.com/v282/photos/9/976173/4001324/32446697032409-vi.jpg
And if you hit that orange part in the center with a baseball, a trap door opens under R2 and drops him into a tank of water.

it looks like alittle more of the wall "section" was used. look at the lights and patterns on there (especially to the right) and more then just that 1 piece matches, add parts, move computer screens etc.

it looks like alittle more of the wall "section" was used. look at the lights and patterns on there (especially to the right) and more then just that 1 piece matches, add parts, move computer screens etc.

I thought I had infered that, meaning the set piece. I was just pointing to the most obvious landmark on the wall.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back