Star Wars Identities - the Exhibition coming to Cologne, Germany, opening May 22nd

Re: Star Wars Identities - the Exhibition coming to Cologne, Germany, opening May 22n

Ordered some tickets for a family trip on the second day after opening. They do guided tours every 15min....

Will visit another time with you guys, when we comitted on a date in june...looking forward to this :)

Markus

Re: Star Wars Identities - the Exhibition coming to Cologne, Germany, opening May 22n

Ordered some tickets for a family trip on the second day after opening. They do guided tours every 15min....

Will visit another time with you guys, when we comitted on a date in june...looking forward to this :)

Markus

Ha, then you can be our guide. :)

I will be there...its under 1 hour with the car for me!Yeah!:D:thumbsup

Ha, then you can be our guide. :)

I would be honored, but there´s no need since these tours are guided already (to a certain degree) from what I understand!?
Prices are 21,95 Euro/ adult, but they offer discounted tickets for groups > 20 people ;)

Markus

Ooo, sounds like a good time! I'll have ot make the trip and it's only 1 hour to get there.

I'm sure there will be some 501st events there as well.

I would offer a drink to all those interested later on at house (IF it´s not a construction site anymore, have a few projects going on at this time;)) BUT am wooried about the number of people attending (it´s only a small house) :lol

Maybe we should start a poll for a specific date!? I´ll give them a call and ask about the max. number of people per tour...
I´d be in for any date in june myself...guess a saturday would be best for all you guys, right?!.

Markus

...that was fast, just got off the phone ;)

There are NO guides, but they are limiting a) the number of people (to avoid overcrowding) and b) the length per visit.
Each 15 minutes, a group of max. 50-70 people is allowed to enter (should be enough for our group), BUT each visit is limited to 1,5 hours (!!! which could be a problem, given that many of us are planning to take MANY pictures :lol)

For saturdays, the group-discount is...
*drummroll please*...
an amazing 1 Euro :lol

Markus

There are NO guides, but they are limiting a) the number of people (to avoid overcrowding) and b) the length per visit.
Each 15 minutes, a group of max. 50-70 people is allowed to enter (should be enough for our group), BUT each visit is limited to 1,5 hours (!!! which could be a problem, given that many of us are planning to take MANY pictures :lol)

For saturdays, the group-discount is...
*drummroll please*...
an amazing 1 Euro :lol

Markus

Odd to limit it like this...

Saturday is a must for me.

Mostly for this type of thing a date would just need to be set preemptively and anyone who can't come, can't come. It would be near impossible to organize a date for everyone. I've tried doing this with 2 friends for 4 years and we still don't have a date for our fishing trip.

As long as we don't do it on the 501st Legoland weekend, I should be able to swing it with enough notice. Legoland is 4-7 June.

IF we pre-order tickets...these have to paid UP FRONT in FULL. So if you commit, pay and won´t attend you´re not getting refunded.

I´d be willing to manage the payment/ pre-order etc. eventually

So, how about either the 13th OR the 20th june, let´s say 12:00 ...who´d be in???

Markus

I'm interested. If we go there early enough we could go to Aachener Weiher or poller Wiesen for some bbq and beer afterwards

20 June would be be my date of choice.

The question I have is why would we need to pre-pay? OR even buy the tickets all at the same time? Could we all just say agree upon a date and if you come you buy your own ticket? I guess the problem could be that the group is full so not everyone gets to get in together...?

That´s exactly the point.
A) it´s not sure, that we´ll be able to make it into the exhibition as one group and B) you´ll have to wait on the ticket counter

Just trying to make things easier...

Markus

June 13th is my favorite....

Hi guys,

I just checked their website and when you order your tickets online you have to decide upfront when you want to enter the exhibit at what specific hour so for some of us travelling about 5 hours by train that's gonna be tricky if there are any delays ... it's quite a weird and unsual way of attracting a crowd and organising an exhibition. So if I join you ... and Markus buys tickets online at a specific slot it would be best for me to already be in Köln some day before :wacko ... So any recommendations about cheap loggings nearby?

Chaim

Hi guys,

I just checked their website and when you order your tickets online you have to decide upfront when you want to enter the exhibit at what specific hour so for some of us travelling about 5 hours by train that's gonna be tricky if there are any delays ... it's quite a weird and unsual way of attracting a crowd and organising an exhibition. So if I join you ... and Markus buys tickets online at a specific slot it would be best for me to already be in Köln some day before :wacko ... So any recommendations about cheap loggings nearby?

Chaim

Check Hotels.com , prices starting at 45 Euros. Odysseum is a landmark that you can put into the search options field to generate results for cheap hotels nearby.

... BUT each visit is limited to 1,5 hours (!!! which could be a problem, given that many of us are planning to take MANY pictures :lol)

Are they nuts?:facepalm
In Paris was no timelimit!!!

Are they nuts?:facepalm
In Paris was no timelimit!!!

There is no way for them to check how long you stayed at the exhibit. If it´s really crowded (and I bet it will be during the first days and especially on a weekend) it won´t be a pleasant experience anyway if you want to have close looks at the props and costumes. I´ve been to the Harry Potter exhibit last week, and even with just a few people going in it was a bit crowded around some of the exhibited items and costumes. And it was a weekday afternoon.

There is no way for them to check how long you stayed at the exhibit. If it´s really crowded (and I bet it will be during the first days and especially on a weekend) it won´t be a pleasant experience anyway if you want to have close looks at the props and costumes. I´ve been to the Harry Potter exhibit last week, and even with just a few people going in it was a bit crowded around some of the exhibited items and costumes. And it was a weekday afternoon.

Thats the reason why I will go to the SW-Expo a little bit later.I think at the beginning I will not have a lot of fun because I need a lot of time to make good photos.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back