star wars bossk sculpt

framdam

Here are some progress pictures of my latest sculpt bossk. This will be a mask for a client, and I am also making hands and feet. More pics up soon.
10847382_378389395675724_1827893789884720934_o.jpg11025259_378390319008965_1243941868960195680_o.jpg

Thanks for all the comments, its great to get feedback on a sculpt especially after its only been me starring at it for so long! I use an oil based clay, and am actually about to start using 'monster clay' for the first time, just need a bit more of it..

framdam,
What sorts of tools do you use? I am in need of picking some up, but am clueless a bit when it comes to how to sculpt properly/easily (not that sculpting has an "easy" way of being done, but certainly there a pro tips to not do things "the hard way"). I have been using my fingers mostly up to this point (with Chavant NSP Medium), but I have not gotten to any detail parts yet.
Also, how do you replicate the scaly skin texture so well?

Thanks.

I use anything that works, I do have traditional wooden sculpting tools, I also use some old tools such as hole punchers etc, there is even a toothbrush! But like anything its practice. You can buy books, look up online tutorials that are all great as i have picked up very useful tips like this but my advice is get some clay and get stuck in! I started making masks about 4 or 5 years ago, and I am still learning! Pm me sure if you have any questions.

Thanks for all the comments, this has been slow build, but here is a progress picture of the stage I am at now. Head hands and feet now have a base coat, next step the final paint job then to add teeth and lens.
IMG_20150401_114141.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back