casting with cement?

Josephscott93

hay guys!
so i mostly use plaster to mold my sculpts but in recent times iv been finding my self needing more plaster to bigger projects.
I was looking around hardware stores and im seeing cornice cement for $33 for 20kg
compared to Cheep plaster, witch is $4 for 1kg price wise it seems worth it BUT will it have the same effect?

STRANGE AND DUMB QUESTION I KNOW! i should but BALLS up and get a 50KG bag of UltraCal for $70-ish

BUT Lack of money is a big factor in why i get plaster in the first place

SO if you guys know Any good cements that work just as well as plaster and CHEEP that would be much appreciated!

THANK YOU

I used to buy 50lb bags of plaster of paris from my local drywall supplyer for under $20. Buying it from a hobby store or hardware store was pricey, try to get it from a contractor supplier.

There is also something called pearl-lite that was easy to work with. It was mostly used as a backing or scratch coat for plaster walls (interior).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back